G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got a new G Coupe! Looking for some advice/pics (Strafe Inven &Trunk Questions)...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Got a new G Coupe! Looking for some advice/pics (Strafe Inven &Trunk Questions)...

Hey all,

Used to have an 06 TB sedan, and just got a 05 Lakeshore Slate coupe as a surprise gift (23K mi!)

I didnt mod my sedan much, but now that I have the coupe, I really want to try and get some stuff done. From an internal perspective I want to keep it simple with probably just a z-tube and k&n filter, with maybe a pleneum spacer but not sure about that yet.

My question is mostly related to cosmetic and external mods. I really like the look of the Strafe Inven bumper...I was wondering if anybody could post a picture of one on a lakeshore slate G if there is one around? Also, regarding the bumper, I wasnt planning on lowering my car due to the cost (with coilovers) and sort of the hassle with camber and such with just using coils. So I was wondering, to those having the Inven bumper, does it look good without have the car lowered? Does the bumper alone look good (without additional side skirts or an aftermarket rear bumper) on the car in the front look funny because its a lot lower than the rest of the stock pieces on the car?

Also, I was thinking of getting the V1 Strafe Trunk in fiberglass. Does anybody have experience with the fiberglass version? How has the quality been in terms of cracking/fitment/overall wear and tear?

Thanks all!

Old 01-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
I would have to say for the inven you kinda need aftermarket side skirts because of how low it sits.. But its all personal preference. Also oem ride height looks good with inven, but also depends on your wheel/tire specs.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
Well I just ordered the INVEN bumper.. and I don't know if it will look nice on ya car since it's not lowered, but i like the bumper.. so it might look nice on ya car. As far as the sides.. I don't have any after market sides, but i was thinking about getting the nimos ones. I also, think the trunk wll look nice on ya car lowered or not lowered..

Side note.. You can get springs for about 200 and a rear camber kit for about 150... then an alignment and u are dropped.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Also have a quick question, the original Inven has fitment issues but is Poly? and the Strafe Inven is Fiberglass?

Old 01-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
strafe inven is fiberglass.

poly inven is a mix of original and strafe version. the manufacturer used pieces of ours and original to make it.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
Well, based on my understanding (what Strafe told me) the Poly does not supposed to have any issues; however, the body shop will let me know when they install it. The also, told me that the fiberglass is not a good option to go with based on it cracking if u hit something .. I'll let ya know after I get my car back..

Also, u might want to ask someone else, but I don't know if the Inven will fit a 4 door..

Old 01-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by broke_as_ajoke
Well, based on my understanding (what Strafe told me) the Poly does not supposed to have any issues; however, the body shop will let me know when they install it. The also, told me that the fiberglass is not a good option to go with based on it cracking if u hit something .. I'll let ya know after I get my car back..

Also, u might want to ask someone else, but I don't know if the Inven will fit a 4 door..
The name is from my old handle related to my old car . Just got a 2005 Coupe.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
The also, told me that the fiberglass is not a good option to go with based on it cracking if u hit something .. I'll let ya know after I get my car back..
don't hit something

Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've got the V1 fiberglass and love it! The fitment was nearly spot on besides it not completely sealing with the trunk liner (Dustin from strafe told me this was the first time he'd heard such a thing happening), but a quick adjustment to what the locking mechanism actually locks onto fixed that problem. It's flush all the way around except once you get close to the tail lights, but honestly you can't really tell. GET IT!

And Strafe is great to work with, so no worries there.

Last edited by theVILLE; 01-20-2012 at 07:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Dustin@StrafeAutomotive (01-18-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Well I just ordered the INVEN bumper.. and I don't know if it will look nice on ya car since it's not lowered, but i like the bumper.. so it might look nice on ya car. As far as the sides.. I don't have any after market sides, but i was thinking about getting the nimos ones. I also, think the trunk wll look nice on ya car lowered or not lowered..

Side note.. You can get springs for about 200 and a rear camber kit for about 150... then an alignment and u are dropped.
Yeah but installation for the springs and camber kit will be ~$400 or so ive been quoted...

Old 01-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Have you looked into the DIY section to see if you could tackle the project yourself and save a lot of money? Then you'd just have to pay for an alignment.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by theVILLE
Have you looked into the DIY section to see if you could tackle the project yourself and save a lot of money? Then you'd just have to pay for an alignment.
I live at an apt complex, so I dont really have the tools or space to get it done

Old 01-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts
I got the H-Tech Tein's (350z version) for aboud $180 shipped. Camber kit is not a necessity with these springs as long as you get an alignment a week or two after they've been installed (they settle). That, combined with wheel spacers really eliminated the wheel gap and looks alot better, but still allows me to drive over speed bumps, curbs, and such. I'd recommend that option if you'r not looking to spend a fortune or be slammed to the ground.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Jhambor
I got the H-Tech Tein's (350z version) for aboud $180 shipped. Camber kit is not a necessity with these springs as long as you get an alignment a week or two after they've been installed (they settle). That, combined with wheel spacers really eliminated the wheel gap and looks alot better, but still allows me to drive over speed bumps, curbs, and such. I'd recommend that option if you'r not looking to spend a fortune or be slammed to the ground.
That is what I would be looking for, because I want to get new wheels (19's) but not have my ride look like an SUV and I constantly have to deal with speed bumps. Can anybody else vouch for not needing a camber kit? On my old G and my friends G, bigger wheels/rims and/or lowering really ate tires and I want to make sure I do it right this time.

Thanks!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by DrkBLuG35Sdn
I live at an apt complex, so I dont really have the tools or space to get it done
where u located? get together with the local G drivers and ask for help,advise ect..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got a new G Coupe! Looking for some advice/pics (Strafe Inven &Trunk Questions)...