G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Well my G got tagged...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2012 | 04:23 PM
good info on how to deal with this issue if it ever happens....but yeah, i would ***king flip out if i saw that on my car....god bless you OP, seems like your taking it well.

Old 01-20-2012 | 05:45 PM
+1 what bluranver6 said... paint thinner will melt it off in seconds. Rinse immediately afterwards and then shine it up with wax/glaze!!

Old 01-24-2012 | 08:09 AM
|
UPDATE: I took it to a body shop, turns out it is not spray paint, but car PRIMER!!!!
Also I was not the only victim, as previously perceived. 2 other cars were hit. I don't think they have noticed as they pull into the space, whereas I back in, I called the police and let the condo HQ know. So far there have been no other reports of vandalism (meaning the other 2 havent called in yet.) I will be knocking on doors by the end of the week.

here are the promised pictures. Car is dirty as hell due to the snow and salt on the roads, with a wash it would be seen better. And yes the immediate area is small, but there is hella over spray. It extends to 2/3 from driver side hood to passenger and about half way up.

Old 01-24-2012 | 05:19 PM
That was sprayed from so far back it almost looks accidental. Since 2 other cars were hit, is it possible someone did something in the parking lot in front of all three cars and carelessly and stupidly let overspray end up on all 3 cars? I would find out if any work was being done in the area. what makes them say that is auto primer? how can they tell?

Old 01-24-2012 | 06:35 PM
|

my car was about 200 feet away from these others, no exaggeration. These cars were not parked next to each other. Police and condo complex were notified by me, and it is vandalism unless the cops or condo complex did work and haven't admitted to it. Spray paint should pick off with a finger nail, as others posted. And not to come across rude, but I think a body shop would know primer... I'd hope! and it is a different texture from normal spray paint. It's very rough.

Old 01-24-2012 | 06:48 PM
ok yeah I see now. I was thinking theirs looked like yours and it sounded like all of them were near each other. That makes more sense now. But here is the thing about sprayed paint. when you are basically hit with overspray, the texture is going to be rough, and no matter what its going to take effort to get off. It starts to dry even before it hits the surface when applied from that far away, so it will be rough naturally. The reason why I questioned if it was even primer is because under those circumstances it would be hard to tell the difference between auto primer or flat or satin paint. It could be anything when its just a mist. But you say very rough huh? Better hope its not that cheap spray on truck bedliner. That **** sucks to get off.

Old 01-25-2012 | 08:19 PM
|
Update the guy with the truck got it off. I'm going door to door to find out who he is, once this rain goes away, and get the scoop.

Old 01-25-2012 | 09:47 PM
Im sure he used some kind of laquar thinner or something to the exstent of paint thinner

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.