G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help!!! Slave Cylinder not pressing fork all the way back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2012 | 06:05 PM
|
Angry Help!!! Slave Cylinder not pressing fork all the way back

So i replaced my Clutch and it was hard to get into gear , Id have to press it all the way down to the floor i drove it like that for 2 days thinking it would go away it got worse to where i would have to double clutch 2 days later . So i brought it to work ( Len Stoler Nissan i sell cars ) And i couldent get it in gear . We got it in the shop and thought it was the slave Cly so i replaced it still nothing it was only engaging half way and not pressing the fork all the way back but if we took a flathead we could assist the slave and get it to fully engage . I bought a master Cyl replaced that and its still not engaging all the way !!

Help me , I have no clue whats next..

Old 02-02-2012 | 07:00 PM
Sounds stupid... But check and see if the arm is bent?

Old 02-02-2012 | 07:59 PM
|
No its not i just checked.

Old 02-02-2012 | 08:07 PM
Check to make sure that internally the throwout bearing, fork, clip and everything was put back properly. Does not sound like a hydraulic issue and more internal to do with pressure plate, throw out bearing and fork/pivot ball.

Old 02-02-2012 | 08:27 PM
|
Originally Posted by faiz23
Check to make sure that internally the throwout bearing, fork, clip and everything was put back properly. Does not sound like a hydraulic issue and more internal to do with pressure plate, throw out bearing and fork/pivot ball.
Thats the thing if you push the fork with your hand the rest of the way it will go all the way back to engage

Old 02-02-2012 | 08:39 PM
The goblin resurrection
Premier Member
Could still be air in the system. Also I have got factory defective nissan parts before. Also check that the master is adjust correctly. Did you bench bleed it before putting it in the car?

Old 02-02-2012 | 09:21 PM
Check to make sure the pivot ball didnt break? Make sure it is actually pivoting and not hitting the trans case and pivoting off of that.

Old 02-02-2012 | 09:59 PM
|
My friends a mechanic at my dealership he did all of that ... ugh

Old 02-02-2012 | 10:06 PM
And you have pedal pressure all the way through the travel of the pedal?

You could take the slave off and make sure it has full travel as someone presses on the clutch pedal. Just make sure you dont pop the piston out of it.

Old 02-04-2012 | 09:53 AM
|
So i found out the person who did my clutch did not put a new throwout bearing in , Would this cause the clutch to stick and the slave not able to press the fork all the way back ?

Old 02-04-2012 | 12:34 PM
What clutch did you put in? Some clutches do not use the factory throwout bearing. It might not be compatible with the clutch you have. Anyone dumb enough to go through pulling the trans and not change the throwout bearing probably installed the clutch wrong too lol.

Old 02-04-2012 | 05:00 PM
|
Originally Posted by AreSicks
What clutch did you put in? Some clutches do not use the factory throwout bearing. It might not be compatible with the clutch you have. Anyone dumb enough to go through pulling the trans and not change the throwout bearing probably installed the clutch wrong too lol.
It was an exedy kit and it only came with the throw out bearing , The guy who did my clutch never pulled the flywheel off so its not possible he replaced the pilot bearing .

Old 02-04-2012 | 05:33 PM
Pilot bearing shouldn't cause any symptoms you are describing. So did the throwout bearing get replaced or not? If it did get replaced, I would say its installed wrong (if you're sure the hydrolic system is bled properly). It would be almost impossible to get a clear view if the throwout bearing when the trans is installed to see if it's in their properly.

Old 02-06-2012 | 11:31 AM
|
Originally Posted by AreSicks
Pilot bearing shouldn't cause any symptoms you are describing. So did the throwout bearing get replaced or not? If it did get replaced, I would say its installed wrong (if you're sure the hydrolic system is bled properly). It would be almost impossible to get a clear view if the throwout bearing when the trans is installed to see if it's in their properly.

Whats the properway to bleed ? My Service Tech's did it " Len Stoler Nissan " and they said they had trouble getting the slave to keep pressure and push the fork more then halfway back . They said if they took a flathead they could assist the slave and press the fork all the way back , We replaced the Slave And Master and there was only a slight change " I can acutally drive it now just the pedal sticks and i have to rev up around 3k to get it come out ..."

Old 02-06-2012 | 12:05 PM
You can try a different method of bleeding from how you do brakes. Pump the clutch pedal for 30 seconds or so. With the clutch pedal UP, open the bleeder. Press the pedal to the floor quickly and close the bleeder. Repeat. Once you start getting better pedal pressure you can go back to the brake method of pumping the pedal, holding it to the floor, then opening and closing the bleeder.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help!!! Slave Cylinder not pressing fork all the way back