G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Exhaust Question HR or Nismo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by izzueeek
I hav full nismo s-tune catback exhaust with the megan racing testpipes. It sounds great no rasp. Also, i dont really understand why you said it would cause the nismo exhaust to crack. I have been driving with this setup for 65000miles already still no problem.
i guess consider yourself lucky if you havent cracked anything yet...or you just arent noticing it somehow..using the nismo y pipe is very well documented to have this problem. i experienced it first hand on multiple occasions from trying different setups search my350z or here for more info.

On your comment about rasp if you are running non resonated test pipes with your nismo exhaust you absolutely 100% have rasp theres no doubt about that. Maybe you dont know what rasp is or just arent noticing it somehow? or you like that sound but there is no doubt that setup has rasp. If your test pipes are resonated then you might not have rasp.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by tylerxfire
i guess consider yourself lucky if you havent cracked anything yet...or you just arent noticing it somehow..using the nismo y pipe is very well documented to have this problem. i experienced it first hand on multiple occasions from trying different setups search my350z or here for more info.

On your comment about rasp if you are running non resonated test pipes with your nismo exhaust you absolutely 100% have rasp theres no doubt about that. Maybe you dont know what rasp is or just arent noticing it somehow? or you like that sound but there is no doubt that setup has rasp. If your test pipes are resonated then you might not have rasp.
Oh i get it now. What y pipe do u recommend?

Old 12-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by izzueeek
Oh i get it now. What y pipe do u recommend?
if you have the money to spend then id get the motordyne xyz and get the resonator attachment. thats what i ran with non resonated test pipes and had no rasp and no problems..its a great piece..

if you dont have the money for the top notch motordyne then any other y pipe would prolly be fine..just get something decent though and not a knockoff ebay one or something..aam, ichiba, jic for example..

i will say the motordyne is worth every penny and if you are running non resonated test pipes will kill 2 birds with 1 stone if you get the resonator attachment to keep the rasp away..

The following users liked this post:
izzueeek (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by tylerxfire
if you have the money to spend then id get the motordyne xyz and get the resonator attachment. thats what i ran with non resonated test pipes and had no rasp and no problems..its a great piece..

if you dont have the money for the top notch motordyne then any other y pipe would prolly be fine..just get something decent though and not a knockoff ebay one or something..aam, ichiba, jic for example..

i will say the motordyne is worth every penny and if you are running non resonated test pipes will kill 2 birds with 1 stone if you get the resonator attachment to keep the rasp away..
Thanks, also do you know much gains from the MD xyz y pipe?