G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog Lights

Do you guys drive with your fog lights on? Have any of you guys replaced your fog lights?

Old 01-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by rlin302
Do you guys drive with your fog lights on? Have any of you guys replaced your fog lights?
I drive with them on when its....foggy, but not any other time.

I haven't replaced mine. As far as I can tell, they are just the high beam bulbs at a different intensity and with a different cutoff hood.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:25 PM
I drive with them off. When passing other G35s with their fog lights on, I've noticed that having the fog lights on takes away from the nice blue hue of the xenons.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ck700sl
I drive with them off. When passing other G35s with their fog lights on, I've noticed that having the fog lights on takes away from the nice blue hue of the xenons.
Exactly! I never use them really.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drive with them on at night all the time- they light up the pavement better so it is easier to see debris, turtles, etc. I replaced the stock highs/fogs with PIAA Super Plasma GT-X. They have more of a blue appearance. There a lot of turtles down here in FL and I couldn't avoid running over one a couple years ago in my 300ZX. Sounded like a bunch of dinner plates shattering.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everytime I see a G without it's foglights on, it looks like something is broken in the headlight housing. Like a bulb is blown that is meant to be on. I always drive with my foglights on. I replaced mine with bluer fog lights to "match" the HIDs. Over a year and half without replacing those.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Mine are always on..mainly cause I replaced the crappy stock ones with MTEC H4 SuperWhite bulbs. There are a bunch of threads on this topic with a lot of pictures (some are mine, mostly of others too) in the Bodykits, Exterior, Lighting forum and other places too. just do a search and you'll find a bunch of info on prices and where to get them etc..

Old 01-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by ck700sl

I agree... This is the only exterior design flaw on the G IMO. They should have place the fogs in the bumper.
To me with them on it looks like you are running your high beams.... The look is not quite as clean as I would like as when the fogs are separated from the headlights.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 01-04-2005 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:14 PM
G SQUAD
For those of you swapping out your fogs with extreme whites, super whites, whatever... I hope you guys don't live in an area where there's fog and where you'll actually need to use them.

I choose to keep them the yellow'ish color (even though I love the look of everything matching the HID's) because I live where there's fog every now and then. The "yellow'ish" color of the fog is yellow for a reason, to penetrate the fog. The wavelength of the yellow lights help penetrate thru the fog and enhance your visibility. (Notice that all street lights near areas of fog, near oceans, etc. are all that yellow'ish color). The white lights DO NOT give you better visibility...!!

Just wanted to give a warning to those that care about safety. If you're in SUNNY california (NOT S.F.) and fog lights are just for show, then more power to you!!

Just had to throw in my $0.02...

~peace

Old 01-04-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't drive with my fog lights on when its not foggy, because they light up the road directly in front of my car better. That may sound weird, but I'm interested in seeing what is down the road, not what is directly in front of my car. When its not foggy, the added light reduces my night vision, and so I cannot as easily discern objects 30ft down the road.

When its foggy however, the fog lights cut through the fog and allow me to see the lane markers. I will say that the G fog lights are no where near as effective as the ones on my WRX were. I had my WRX wired to allow me the option to run with just parking lights and fogs, DRLs and fogs, low beams and fogs, and high beams and fogs. I almost never ran with low beams and fogs, DRLs and fogs were great in heavy snow, parking lights and fogs were great in fog, and high beams and fogs were great when it was really really dark out. If my G had DRLs and separate fog lights, I would wire it the same way.

And switching the high beams/fogs to a bluer blub is the dumbest thing I have every heard. I hate seeing ricers with fake blue HID bulbs...not only does it reduce their overall light output, but it just makes them posers. I don't feel the need to impress anyone with the color of my headlights...I'll impress them when all they see are my taillights.

Old 01-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I only turn them on when it's foggy. I'm not sure how annoying they are to drivers in front of you, but those Lexuses w/ the super yellow ones are incredibly annoying!!

Old 01-04-2005, 05:20 PM
WRAH
I added a set of projection fog lights in the lower grills!

Old 01-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrmcderm

And switching the high beams/fogs to a bluer blub is the dumbest thing I have every heard. I hate seeing ricers with fake blue HID bulbs...not only does it reduce their overall light output, but it just makes them posers. I don't feel the need to impress anyone with the color of my headlights...I'll impress them when all they see are my taillights.

I have a Caribbean Blue coupe. Switching to a blue colored high/fog bulb makes the mirror behind the light look blue during the daytime, which adds a nice touch which subtly fits the car. It also looks better at night because it better matches the clear corners and side clearance lights which both have PIAA white/white LED lights in them (but they look bluish). The LED lights consume less wattage, run cooler, and won't burn out. Looks are part of the total G Coupe package and small touches like this put the car over the top. My car is the furthest thing from "rice" (pics are in the gallery section). I didn't do it to impress anyone- I bought the car in the first place to impress myself!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fog Lights