G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Too much?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my g

the coupe

Attached Thumbnails Too much?-img_3667.jpg   Too much?-img_5353.jpg   Too much?-img_0633.jpg  
Old 02-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Just pay it off, keep the car and save your money. Go on vacations, enjoy the world. Cars are a waste of money!!

The following users liked this post:
Frankieg35 (03-01-2012)
Old 03-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts
Agreed on parting the aftermarket stuff and throwing stock back on it. You can probably get $1500 for the wheels/tires alone, and another $700-1000 from the performance mods. Plus, a stock car will be more marketable to a larger portion of the population. I wouldn't go any lower than $12.5 though. That's a steal around these parts. Most G's in this area with that mileage and features go for $14k ++ here.

The following users liked this post:
2ffst4u (03-01-2012)
Old 03-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by Gsouske35
Just pay it off, keep the car and save your money. Go on vacations, enjoy the world. Cars are a waste of money!!
haha i am enjoying the world, military style, we dont get paid **** so as long as i have this car and monthly payment im not saving very much if at all, but cars maybe a poor investment, but that poor investment is my getaway, it keeps me sane, its everything i need haha, that was pretty gay but really

Old 03-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by 2ffst4u

haha i am enjoying the world, military style, we dont get paid **** so as long as i have this car and monthly payment im not saving very much if at all, but cars maybe a poor investment, but that poor investment is my getaway, it keeps me sane, its everything i need haha, that was pretty gay but really
Been there, done that. Marine Corps, 5 years, got out. You get decent money in the military. Military pay is public and anyone can look it up so Ill spill the beans. I was getting 2.7k a month after deductions for just spending money as a single E-5 in the barracks. Throw in another 1k(average, more in higher cost of living area) a month for BAH if your married or living out in town, that's 3.7k after deductions. Not bad for a high school diploma. Dont even get me started on officer pay.

Your car payment cant be that much if all you owe is around 13-14k. I was able to afford a 36k car and party hard every weekend.

Trust me man, the one thing I regret is not being frugal about my money when I was in. I wasted tens of thousands of dollars on cars(turbo kit)

BTW, been to Yuma more times than I can count, hate that place!

Old 03-01-2012, 01:41 AM
hahaha yeah i am maried wife has good job here i love yuma dont have to deal all the taffic and people in san diego every day but within diving distance to and fom in a day same as phoenix, i have 5 year contract as well with 1.5 left, but young pfc got credit cards and personal loans and stupid stuff way back when and its huting me now....459 a month on the car, but married in the militay def, made it alot easier to afford it lol...but i completely agree about the whole wasting money lol i have a pretty sick g35 to show but thats it, lol

Old 03-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Oh and today I never do automatic car washes but I did today as I was in a crunch for time, it ripped and inch wide strip of tread of my left back tire...I was livid

Old 03-01-2012, 01:56 AM
hahaha yeah i am maried wife has good job here i love yuma dont have to deal all the taffic and people in san diego every day but within diving distance to and fom in a day same as phoenix, i have 5 year contract as well with 1.5 left, but young pfc got credit cards and personal loans and stupid stuff way back when and its huting me now....459 a month on the car, but married in the militay def, made it alot easier to afford it lol...but i completely agree about the whole wasting money lol i have a pretty sick g35 to show but thats it, lol
I just have to say first, sorry about hijacking your thread with details about your financial future, but I think this discussion is needed.

zomg man!! You have been in for 3 and half years and your a PFC, someone has been making some real poor decisions.

If you plan to get out, and the situation your in, the civilian world is going to hit you real hard. If I was you I would start saving at least 20k from now until you get out. If your looking to dump the G for a 4-5k beater car, then that's a good choice as long as you find something reliable. Your in no shape to get a "newer" G35 if you sell this one.

I may not know know you, but I know plenty of guys like you that run into financial woes. Lucky for myself I was able to come up with a decent plan in the last year I was in.

Dont be another american statistic and over extend yourself or in other words living outside your means.

Since you been busted down a few times, im guessing at least 2 times. You might get hit with a bad re-enlistment code if your thinking about staying in. That means no future in the military

Old 03-01-2012, 02:13 AM
No no no I said poor choices WHEN I was pfc haha I am a lance though, my mos doesn't promote anymore phasing us out combined two into one, promoted anyone with a score, now it's backed up you know the drill, anywho shot RR last week hit 336 bumped me to number one on the list in MOL for scores the next quarter anyways me and my wife have an outstanding budget that we follow rigorously but I appreciate the concern a lot! I'm not just another one of those marines you were talking about, pro cons are 4.8 4.7 283 pft 300 cft, how long ago did you get out? What was the reasoning with you being in yuma stationed or wti stuff?

Old 03-01-2012, 02:28 AM
No no no I said poor choices WHEN I was pfc haha I am a lance though, my mos doesn't promote anymore phasing us out combined two into one, promoted anyone with a score, now it's backed up you know the drill, anywho shot RR last week hit 336 bumped me to number one on the list in MOL for scores the next quarter anyways me and my wife have an outstanding budget that we follow rigorously but I appreciate the concern a lot! I'm not just another one of those marines you were talking about, pro cons are 4.8 4.7 283 pft 300 cft, how long ago did you get out? What was the reasoning with you being in yuma stationed or wti stuff?
If you guys are doing well then I would just focus on paying your car off really and keeping it for the long haul. The post 9/11 G.I bill is really awesome and can help supplement your income. If you don't have a car payment that means you can focus solely on school full time. I used it get my A.S in a medical profession and working on my bachelors now.

I got out 2 years ago and I went to Yuma sometimes twice a year for every year I was in for WTI.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Nice, wti sucks though I had to do it for a week while our boot was on leave and literally wore a glow strap and walked around the barracks for 12 on 12 off lol. But it's awesome hearing that your doing so well an taking care of business other than the ones that just get out throw everything down the drain!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.