G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Considering an 06!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Gas mileage is my only complaint with my 07 5AT.

18 city / 21 hw are my average mpg over the years.

Lexus and bmw engines get more mpg... but i look better lol

Old 03-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn I'm getting 26 highway and 20 city. I use premium fuel for my 07 5AT coupe. It's got 56k on it

Old 03-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It can get 33 with a light footed old man.? I'm pretty sure

Old 03-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
06 G35 coupe 6mt, 32.2 mpg but only once. I usually average 20-24 depending on how I drive. Im no lightfoot either!

Last edited by HenryLee; 03-01-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:10 PM
I say get the 06 g35 6mt coupe if the price is right. I bought my car new and basically kept up with the services and had no problems. No oil consumption or problems.

I've also had an 05 G35 5AT coupe and was bored to death with it. The 6mt makes me smile each time i drive it. Also clutch is way cheaper to replace then having to buy or rebuild an Auto transmission!!

Looks and runs like a champ!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys, it sounds like I could easily pull at least ~26 mpg average. Thanks for the screen shot of the trip information! I was trying to find it when I got back from the test drive and wasn't having much luck......the navigation screen is pretty neat, I like how it looks over the TL but the TL navigation is more user friendly IMO just with everything being touch/voice controlled. lol

Old 03-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by HenryLee
I say get the 06 g35 6mt coupe if the price is right. I bought my car new and basically kept up with the services and had no problems. No oil consumption or problems.

I've also had an 05 G35 5AT coupe and was bored to death with it. The 6mt makes me smile each time i drive it. Also clutch is way cheaper to replace then having to buy or rebuild an Auto transmission!!

[I
Looks and runs like a champ!
Very nice! Do you think 19,800 is a good price for a 6mt w/ nav 06 coupe w/ 60K?

Old 03-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Yea, it sounds like a good price. But I would try to negotiate more if you can! lol

But your right TL navigation is a lot more user friendly. So i got a Double Double DIn.

Touch screen navi now.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Theyl burn a **** load of oil and especially rev up 05-07 coupes.

If it was my money, I would get an 04 for less oil burnage. Even the regular DE's burn oil. Its almost inevitably with the vQ35de series. Our friends altima burns oil, my old pathfinder burns oil, maxima that i was test driving was more than a 1 quart low and my G burns 1-2 quarts every oil change.

something i learn to live with for the fun factor of the car. And for those that say that haven't burn oil... they will eventually. We had another G a black on that was an 05 (edited), It was my fiances and it burned no oil and all the sudden as she racked up miles past 85K it started to burn half to 1 quart every 4000 miles.

Other than that the DE non rev up motors are super reliable. Just check the lube every once in awhile.

Last edited by luvmyzx6r; 03-01-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 G35 Coupe

I had a a Lexus is350 b4 the g. Night and day difference. IS350 is very fast in a straight line but handles like jello. The g is much more fun to drive and corner with and according to zerotosixty it's 5 seoncds to 60. The IS350 is 4.7 I think. My g is an 06 with nav and 6mt as well. The rev up motor is great, especially at 60+ mph. The exhaust sound is great inside and outside. The shifter is smooth right out of the box. I paid 19,5k with 35k miles for minel less than a year ago. I also get a lot more thumbs up and looks from the g35 than the Lexus (2dr vs. 4dr maybe?). Interiror is night and day difference than the Lexus though. Lexus makes very good interiors.

Last edited by rchat1975; 03-01-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: More detail
Old 03-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by HenryLee
Yea, it sounds like a good price. But I would try to negotiate more if you can! lol

But your right TL navigation is a lot more user friendly. So i got a Double Double DIn.

Touch screen navi now.
That's a neat idea! It's like double vision. lol

Originally Posted by rchat1975
I had a a Lexus is350 b4 the g. Night and day difference. IS350 is very fast in a straight line but handles like jello. The g is much more fun to drive and corner with and according to zerotosixty it's 5 seoncds to 60. The IS350 is 4.7 I think. My g is an 06 with nav and 6mt as well. The rev up motor is great, especially at 60+ mph. The exhaust sound is great inside and outside. The shifter is smooth right out of the box. I paid 19,5k with 35k miles for minel less than a year ago. I also get a lot more thumbs up and looks from the g35 than the Lexus (2dr vs. 4dr maybe?). Interiror is night and day difference than the Lexus though. Lexus makes very good interiors.
Nice, sounds like you're happy with yours. Thanks for touching base on multiple areas of the car giving a little review.

Originally Posted by luvmyzx6r
Theyl burn a **** load of oil and especially rev up 05-07 coupes.

If it was my money, I would get an 04 for less oil burnage. Even the regular DE's burn oil. Its almost inevitably with the vQ35de series. Our friends altima burns oil, my old pathfinder burns oil, maxima that i was test driving was more than a 1 quart low and my G burns 1-2 quarts every oil change.

something i learn to live with for the fun factor of the car. And for those that say that haven't burn oil... they will eventually. We had another G a black on that was an 05 (edited), It was my fiances and it burned no oil and all the sudden as she racked up miles past 85K it started to burn half to 1 quart every 4000 miles.

Other than that the DE non rev up motors are super reliable. Just check the lube every once in awhile.
That's nuts, I'm not saying it's impossible but usually cars don't burn oil for no reason....it seems like it takes an aggressive driving pattern over an extended period of time or something. I mean sure, it's possible. I do appreciate the input.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:32 AM
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-car...g35-coupe.html

06 6mt Nav w/ 44k miles and its $19k obo you know what that means. Don't know the guy but the member is in Erie, PA and I noticed your in PA as well. Just looking out for yah!

The car looks extremely well kept. Plus it comes with some mods already and if you don't like them just sell them. I don't know what colors you're looking at, Red is probably not a first choice.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately I'm probably going to have to make this happen at a dealership on account of my financed TL.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ohsixmtee

That's nuts, I'm not saying it's impossible but usually cars don't burn oil for no reason....it seems like it takes an aggressive driving pattern over an extended period of time or something. I mean sure, it's possible. I do appreciate the input.
You are right. They don't burn oil for no reason. The design of the engine is the problem. baby it and it will burn less of course. Its a wierd oil burn. No blue smoke, smell or leaks. Even under WOT, my friends don't see blue smoke. And play with oils, VQ DE's are sensitive to the oil you put in. I run Mobile 1 0w40.

They are actually very reliable cars outside the oil problem. Never had any problems with mine or my fiance's 05.

Good luck. You'll enjoy it.

Btw, I'm also in PA. Orginally from Harrisburg but moved out closer to Altoona Johnstown area for College. Pm me if you need any help looking. I'll keep an eye out.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks a lot for the input and offer! I'm on the fence about the coupe.......financing is squared away, just have to sign and drive.

A few things bother me which would be:

- No wax on the car
- Windows were previously tinted and someone did an awful job stripping it
- For a car for sale in general it could've been cleaner
- Some sort of aftermarket front bumper and clear marker lights that do not mount 100% correctly

I'm really not sure where things are going to go from here. I'd hate to go from my TL into something I'm having doubts about.

Does anyone know which front bumper this is? I've compared it with many 06 manual coupes and it is without a doubt different........tough to see but there's some sort of aftermarket black mesh grill behind the openings that looks to have been spray painted as the black paint is chipping off in numerous spots.

I got heavy into the throttle and also just didn't really feel a 300hp sport coupe........it seems as though my 6MT TL pulls much harder. The G seemed to run good, no funny noises or anything....clutch perfectly responsive. I was expecting much more acceleration from it.......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.