G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Considering an 06!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by luvmyzx6r
Mines an 03 100% stock except for a few bolt ons. I don't believing bumper kits body kits what not. When i find some decent 19's, ill get it on there.

I love your wheels because i feel 19's are just the perfect size for the coupes and the rays are supposedly lighter than the 18's that are stock on mine and the style is perfect imo. I love spokes and forged rims

You see that ding near the fender? Some ******* at school did it I'm pretty sure because it wasn't there until two weeks ago.

I bought the car 3 years ago with roughly 85K on it. It now has..... 172,000 miles,... haha. racked 40k miles this year so far and counting (110 mile commute and commuting back home to harrisburg). AHH! i'm devauling my car like crazy. They run really good when you treat them right, like women. Still a few more payments..

The tires i like to use are Kumho ecstas. Cheap and great thread life. Winter tires, bridge stone blizzak gets through anything and where i'm at the elevation is 2k so we get a lot of snow. Haven't had a problem yet.

The way i see it, life is too short to drive a boring car especially if your an enthusiast.

This is my girls black one before she got another car.

Nice...I have the same tires on my '08 X

Old 03-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by luvmyzx6r
Ztube is definitely worth it. It sounds super under wot. and just plain old accelerating normally, you hear a zzzzzzzz sound of air being ingupled.

Pretty cool.

You won't notice the performance gains. You will notice though the added throttle response and of course sound.

I don't graduate for another 2 years. When i do, and hopefully a job will follow, i plan on turning it into a 100% track car.
Nice, nothing wrong with an aggressive rumble under the hood.

Well best of luck when the time comes!

Old 03-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Here's a few more......goodbye TL, you were a fantastic car!

From today, felt like a weirdo snapping a picture in a parking lot like that....people must know I love the car. lol

I usually clean the car up at my father's on my days off work, wife works day shift and sitting at home alone is boring. This was after a clay job and hand polishing with scratch/swirl remover.

Not sure if it's visible or not but I cannot wait until mid next week when the body shop wet sands/buffs the badge outline off my trunk lid.

That's all for now, cell shots will have to do.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
The cars handle differently. The TL is a front wheel drive sedan while the G is a RWD coupe. The engine on the G35 has good low-end torque while the TL is up high. One is a sports car, the other is a sedan that can go fast if you want to. Most important, the G35 coupe looks sexy. It will be the last infiniti that has the same combination of a little curve and straight edges ever since the essence design took over (eventually the designs will go back to straighter lines, they always cycle).

Old 03-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Yep, I hear ya. The TL did pretty good, I added a 24 mm Progress RSB set to the stiffest setting and it complimented the handling/ride nicely.

I do like being pushed from the rear more than being pulled from the front. Overall it was a trade off....I knew the G wasn't going to be as comfort focused but they are so damn sleek and sharp I had to have one. lol

Old 03-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Oh and another little update, dealership I bought the car from took it in today when I stopped by to see what was up with the driver's headlight being loose.

They pulled the car back around to me 45 min. later half washed lol and said one mounting bolt was missing and another was loose......all is well and aimed properly now!

Old 03-10-2012, 12:13 AM
NVM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Selling my 06 AT Coupe with 45k miles for 17k, guess I should raise the price... lol

Old 03-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by NVM
Selling my 06 AT Coupe with 45k miles for 17k, guess I should raise the price... lol
Depends a lot on your location, private resell value on mine is ~24K....granted that KBB which isn't always accurate but you certainly could try asking for more.

IMO A car like the G with a 6MT and every available option is going to bring more of a premium. Manuals are usually less but in a machine like ours they seem to attract specific people who know exactly what they want....kind of how I find mine. lol

I'm pretty sure mine even has RAS, need to look further into it but I'm fairly certain it does. How much benefit RAS actually provides is beyond me, could be nothing out of the ordinary but it'd still be cool to know that it didn't get any better in 06' as far as my personal car goes. lol

Old 03-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Check your oil REGULARLY make sure you're not consuming too much. Enjoy!

Old 03-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by mojo9
Check your oil REGULARLY make sure you're not consuming too much. Enjoy!
I will def. stay on top of it. I checked it yesterday morning for the first time, no idea why I didn't check it when I first got it seeing as how I checked all the other fluids and beneath the engine for any leaks/etc.

I was a quart low, Carfax shows Infiniti changing the oil at 58,100 miles and I'm currently at 61,800......I did drive the car somewhat spiritedly the first day or so I had it. I'll be mindful, right now and for the most part I will baby it and am curious to see if the level drops again.

Btw, that dipstick is really in a stupid location, the stick splatters oil everywhere when you remove it. lol

What was Nissan thinking? It is a badass motor though, I just noticed the "Advanced Front Midship" on the nice looking fire blanket under the hood......pretty cool.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ohsixmtee
Depends a lot on your location, private resell value on mine is ~24K....granted that KBB which isn't always accurate but you certainly could try asking for more.

IMO A car like the G with a 6MT and every available option is going to bring more of a premium. Manuals are usually less but in a machine like ours they seem to attract specific people who know exactly what they want....kind of how I find mine. lol

I'm pretty sure mine even has RAS, need to look further into it but I'm fairly certain it does. How much benefit RAS actually provides is beyond me, could be nothing out of the ordinary but it'd still be cool to know that it didn't get any better in 06' as far as my personal car goes. lol
Like you, I have a 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT with every option (except the aero kit, I like the clean look, though it's always a matter of personal taste) and it does have RAS. If the RAS warning light comes on when you turn the ignition key, you have it. You can also check it by removing the spare tire and then the left plastic cover (secured by a single bolt). The RAS box should be next to the BOSE amplifier box and the satellite radio box (if you have SAT radio). I never drove another G without RAS, so can't really tell if it makes a huge difference, but mine handles great in long high-speed curves (in highway exits where my old MX-6 could barely go beyond 65 mph, the G will do 80 mph without drama). The rear wheels only turn (up to one degree angle) above 30 mph, so RAS makes no difference in parking or low-speed corners. Congrats on the new ride, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Old 03-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by asousa
Like you, I have a 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT with every option (except the aero kit, I like the clean look, though it's always a matter of personal taste) and it does have RAS. If the RAS warning light comes on when you turn the ignition key, you have it. You can also check it by removing the spare tire and then the left plastic cover (secured by a single bolt). The RAS box should be next to the BOSE amplifier box and the satellite radio box (if you have SAT radio). I never drove another G without RAS, so can't really tell if it makes a huge difference, but mine handles great in long high-speed curves (in highway exits where my old MX-6 could barely go beyond 65 mph, the G will do 80 mph without drama). The rear wheels only turn (up to one degree angle) above 30 mph, so RAS makes no difference in parking or low-speed corners. Congrats on the new ride, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Thanks for the heads up, sounds like ours are optioned the same! I do not have the Aero kit however after researching I've found that the PO installed a K2 front bumper which cannot be that old because it barely has any paint chips on it. I also replaced the double sided tape on my marker lights the other day and found that they were the clear OEM Nissan versions.

I do have Sat. radio, I didn't activate it but it just works so that's cool. I had it in my TL and was going to transfer it anyways.

I'll have to pay attention to see if the light comes on when I start the car, I know the warning light is there and I've seen it illuminate.....I think. lol

I'll check for the box in the trunk after I look in the fuse box, I imagine the system should be fused.

It is extremely confident when cornering at a high speed and I'm not sure if it's just the new V12 EVO's or RAS or both but I'd certainly like to find out.

I never had a car that I could literally throw from lane to lane going 80+ mph, not saying I suggest that method of driving nor that I make a habit of it....what can I say. We all play with a new to us car in the beginning to see what it's capable of. Corners are just remarkably handled, it's hard to believe that an OEM suspension can be so confident, again combined with the possible RAS and tires......still though the suspension is a major piece of that puzzle.

I'll check back about what I find. Being that it has the Premium/Tech/Wheel/Suspension options I'd certainly think it'd have the RAS but who knows....cars can be ordered, optioned so weird sometimes.

Thanks again!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.