G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Do u drive with VDC on or off?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I never really understood why people disable the VDC for everyday driving? (Not bashing anyone, just saying.) To me its a safety feature that comes with the car, just like airbags. I don't think anyone would disable airbags if they could. lol

Old 03-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have mine on all the time cuz it just reverts back to on. It sure is fun when it is off tho!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
It stays on.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by BigOgre
I never really understood why people disable the VDC for everyday driving? (Not bashing anyone, just saying.)
Because it kicks in way too easily and everybody drives DIFFERENTLY.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
What if you get into an accident and it's your word against the other person's? Could they possibly be able to tell if it was off during the time of impact based on whatever systems are in the car? <-- I'm probably over-thinking it, but it'd suck to have it be used against you.

Anyways, I used to turn it off all the time due to habit in case I wanted to DRIVE it, a sudden "race", or in case I suddenly had to speed up to cut someone off because I hate people who pace me to keep me out of their lane when I want to change lanes.

It sucks for those times were you downshift to speed up (not to be a douche or anything, just to speed up for whatever reason) and your car bogs because it's kicking in -- we just look like idiots then (I'll admit that I've done this a few times).

But IMHO, if you don't drive like a madman, or maybe if you do, just keep it on to be safe, not just for yourself but for anyone else, whether you're a master at driving/recovering/whatever, just to be responsible and not hit someone.

That KP Technologies device looks good if you track your car all the time because I've read that turning VDC off doesn't necessarily turn everything off, which could be bad for autox/road racing, etc.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BigOgre
I never really understood why people disable the VDC for everyday driving? (Not bashing anyone, just saying.) To me its a safety feature that comes with the car, just like airbags. I don't think anyone would disable airbags if they could. lol
Because some people want complete control of their car... Not to have their car cut power with a little bit of wheel slip.

It is a excellent tool for the novice driver. Without it 10x more G35s would be wrapped around trees

Old 03-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by VQ35 revv
Because some people want complete control of their car... Not to have their car cut power with a little bit of wheel slip.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i leave it on, unless im racing the it goes off

Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Last month the driver of a OB G35 coupe died in an accident here in North Alabama. It was very difficult to recognize that it was a G coupe. About all that wasn't managled was the rear fender and you could make out the spoiler. He hit a concrete bridge abutment while doing a little street racing. Probably had his VDC turned off so he could be in complete control. No way to know there wasn't much of the cockpit left. He was really one with his car it took a couple of hours to get him out.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Used to turn it off thinking hp was being "restrained" until one day I momentarily lost control and fishtailed after making a turn and gunning it. Luckily no other cars beside me... probly woulda hit them. After that day, yes i leave vdc ON.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
On in the rain, otherwise its off!

Old 03-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
Last month the driver of a OB G35 coupe died in an accident here in North Alabama. It was very difficult to recognize that it was a G coupe. About all that wasn't managled was the rear fender and you could make out the spoiler. He hit a concrete bridge abutment while doing a little street racing. Probably had his VDC turned off so he could be in complete control. No way to know there wasn't much of the cockpit left. He was really one with his car it took a couple of hours to get him out.
That's got nothing to do with VDC, and you know it.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
Sooooo you dont even know if he had VDC on or off..... Your argument is invalid

If you drive like a complete retard VDC wont save you, on or off.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:05 PM
+1 Your car can only do so much of the thinking for you. It's ultimately the driver who is going to safe his/her life, if you're being reckless, that is.

To the OP, just do whatever you want. Just keep in mind that IF something happens with it off that could've been preventable had it been off then that's your loss of the car/your life/bystanders life/etc.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by 350GT_
+1 Your car can only do so much of the thinking for you. It's ultimately the driver who is going to safe his/her life, if you're being reckless, that is.

To the OP, just do whatever you want. Just keep in mind that IF something happens with it off that could've been preventable had it been off then that's your loss of the car/your life/bystanders life/etc.
had it been on* sorry. BIG difference lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do u drive with VDC on or off?