G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Crack in dashboard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My '06 G35 6MT Sedan dash has multiple small cracks. It is garage kept most of the time. It started out with a single crack near the VIN tag.

I don't smoke, don't use armor all, etc. I do occasionally use Meguire's quick wipes on it. It is black and I am in Florida.

Not only does it have cracks, but if you touch it with a fingernail or something rubs it, the texture scrapes off.

I also have an '06 FX45 that had the dashboard replaced under warranty twice for bubbling.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another 1 for the case

I have a 2006 6MT with a dash splitting in half literally. My car is also 80% kept out of the sun in the 2yrs of ownership and the problem started just over a 6yo mark-earlier this year. Called Infiniti Consumer Affairs, they made a case but refuse to claim ownership of the problem. Has anyone had any more progress besides what's alrady been discussed? Anything from BBB?
Thanks

Old 06-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Everyone who is having this issue just take 5 minutes of your day and put in a claim to Infiniti Consumer Affairs the more people we have on board the possibility of it maybe getting resolved

Old 07-25-2012, 09:30 PM
I have a 2005 G35 sedan that the dash is cracked all over from the instrument area all ther way to the passenger w/s area. It started around the passenger air bag and went 1/2 way around it. After that it started cracking around the clock area. Infiniti also told me so sorry. I bought this car used but was expecting a much better product.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Love the car, but I'm terribly embarasssed when people see my dash. Mechanically, I haven't had to do anything except preventive maintenance. 54,000 miles since purchased in Dec 2005. I too expected more for my $40,000. The only answer I see is maybe get word to consumer reports.
livewire

Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Luck!

Originally Posted by spinna001
Everyone who is having this issue just take 5 minutes of your day and put in a claim to Infiniti Consumer Affairs the more people we have on board the possibility of it maybe getting resolved
I own a 2005 G35 Coupe (purchased brand new), and her dash has one long crack just right above the trim (so it's barely even noticeable until you take a closer look), running from the driver's side all the way to the passenger side.

I am currently dealing w/ Infiniti Consumer Affairs, but for a totally different reason (peeling paint!), and they've been completely useful and unhelpful. I've just recently filed a complaint w/ the Better Business Bureau in regards to Infiniti Consumer Affairs and their poor customer service. I want some justice to be served!!! I am appalled at how little corporate Infiniti cares about their customers! To be honest, I expected more from this particular brand, and now I am just hugely disappointed. I definitely won't be recommending Infiniti to anyone based on my negative experiences in dealing with their Consumer Affairs.

All I have to say is, if you're filing a complaint w/ Infiniti Consumer Affairs, good luck!

Old 08-19-2012, 05:52 AM
Infiniti Consumer Affairs Sucks

Originally Posted by kerilrus
I have a 2006 6MT with a dash splitting in half literally. My car is also 80% kept out of the sun in the 2yrs of ownership and the problem started just over a 6yo mark-earlier this year. Called Infiniti Consumer Affairs, they made a case but refuse to claim ownership of the problem. Has anyone had any more progress besides what's alrady been discussed? Anything from BBB?
Thanks
Wow, this sounds all too familiar. I am dealing w/ Consumer Affairs right now because of the peeling paint on my car, and they have refused to take ANY sort of responsibility for it (even though, it's clearly a factory defect)! Not only did they not assume any responsibility for the damage, but they even had the nerve to place the blame on me at one point! Ugh. Hopefully, you have better luck in your dealings w/ them!

Old 08-19-2012, 05:58 AM
I Share Your Pain

Originally Posted by livewire
Love the car, but I'm terribly embarasssed when people see my dash. Mechanically, I haven't had to do anything except preventive maintenance. 54,000 miles since purchased in Dec 2005. I too expected more for my $40,000. The only answer I see is maybe get word to consumer reports.
livewire
I feel ya!! I bought my G35 coupe brand new back in Oct 2005, and now the paint on the hood and top of the car is peeling/flaking off like crazy. I expected a lot more from my $40,000 car, too! Guess we expected a little too much? ;p

Like you, I totally love my car (it really is a nice ride!), but it seems the quality of craftsmanship is kind of lacking or is inconsistent; it's like hit or miss - some people have no aesthetic problems w/ their vehicles, while others (like you and me) have all these blemishes.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Donna L.
I feel ya!! I bought my G35 coupe brand new back in Oct 2005, and now the paint on the hood and top of the car is peeling/flaking off like crazy. I expected a lot more from my $40,000 car, too! Guess we expected a little too much? ;p

Like you, I totally love my car (it really is a nice ride!), but it seems the quality of craftsmanship is kind of lacking or is inconsistent; it's like hit or miss - some people have no aesthetic problems w/ their vehicles, while others (like you and me) have all these blemishes.
I have a 03 G35 coupe with 125K plus miles, no issues with dash or paint. Infiniti Consumer Affairs are the worst of auto sales people, any time you call them their first response is "NO" but when you go up the chain things get better, it's so unfortunate that Infiniti want's to be an elite luxury car company but really really fall short on consumer affairs side because the mother corporate Nissan is way out of touch.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Donna L.
I own a 2005 G35 Coupe (purchased brand new), and her dash has one long crack just right above the trim (so it's barely even noticeable until you take a closer look), running from the driver's side all the way to the passenger side.

I am currently dealing w/ Infiniti Consumer Affairs, but for a totally different reason (peeling paint!), and they've been completely useful and unhelpful. I've just recently filed a complaint w/ the Better Business Bureau in regards to Infiniti Consumer Affairs and their poor customer service. I want some justice to be served!!! I am appalled at how little corporate Infiniti cares about their customers! To be honest, I expected more from this particular brand, and now I am just hugely disappointed. I definitely won't be recommending Infiniti to anyone based on my negative experiences in dealing with their Consumer Affairs.

All I have to say is, if you're filing a complaint w/ Infiniti Consumer Affairs, good luck!
I have the same crack above the trim that runs from drivers side all the way to passenger side... Consumer affairs were of no help.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by txdriver
Consumer affairs were of no help.
You need to escalate the issue with patience, politeness and determination to supervisor than the manager and than VP of sales, going to BBB will not get you the results. I did go up the chain and now Infiniti is having my 05 FX completely repainting and replacing all window trims

The following users liked this post:
Donna L. (08-21-2012)
Old 08-21-2012, 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by cvipgo
You need to escalate the issue with patience, politeness and determination to supervisor than the manager and than VP of sales, going to BBB will not get you the results. I did go up the chain and now Infiniti is having my 05 FX completely repainting and replacing all window trims
Thanks for the advice! And although the BBB may not help get my car fixed, I really hope it helps improve the terrible customer service at Consumer Affairs... :-\

Also, it'd be nice if Consumer Affairs could handle issues w/ patience, politeness, and professionalism. I mean, if we're to bring up our issues in the same manner, I expect the same in return from customer service, at the very least! Just sayin'...

Last edited by Donna L.; 08-21-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by txdriver
I have the same crack above the trim that runs from drivers side all the way to passenger side... Consumer affairs were of no help.
Of course they're of no help... there's no surprise there. It really is unfortunate that this brand is being represented by these kinds of people.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by cvipgo
I have a 03 G35 coupe with 125K plus miles, no issues with dash or paint. Infiniti Consumer Affairs are the worst of auto sales people, any time you call them their first response is "NO" but when you go up the chain things get better, it's so unfortunate that Infiniti want's to be an elite luxury car company but really really fall short on consumer affairs side because the mother corporate Nissan is way out of touch.
TRUTH.

Like you said, it really is too bad that the level of quality in the customer service that Infiniti Consumer Affairs provides is lacking so terribly. It's just so unfortunate, because Infiniti makes nice high performance cars, but they've lost my business due to their $h!tty customer service. It's like they don't care about you after they've sold you their product. Wtf kind of business is that?? That's totally unsatisfactory in my book.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:30 PM
I bought an 06 coupe 3 months ago, ALWAYS garage kept, immaculant shape, absolutely flawless 38,000 miles, and a small crack @ vin tag appeared today, not noticable unless you look directly at it, but knowing its there is killing me, i dont know if it is drying out because its moist and sticky near the crack and you can remove material by rubbing on it. This cant be just a coincidence.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crack in dashboard