G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tints must come off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tints must come off

So today, I let my mom borrow my car, and about 10 minutes later she calls me and tells me she got a ticket.. for tints (windows+tails). I had already gotten a ticket for tints once, and the fact that she got this second one made it that much worse. She calls me and says.. "the second I get home, we are figuring out how to take all this crap off". Now, it is my car, and I pay for every ounce of it, but you know the saying "her house, her rules" so me arguing with her and telling her I'll do what I want to my car is a bit unnecessary, esp since she took the car out for me. and after her telling me a bunch of times to lower the tints, and me blowing it off, I know this will be the last straw for her. I live in NJ, so thankfully we can have any % on the back, but none on the front. What I'm wondering is, should I lower the tints to like 35% and hope for the best or should I just play it safe? They're at 5% right now. As for the tails, I think I will just do them GTR style.. which is legal since everything that needs to be exposed is exposed. Hopefully that looks good. Damit. I'm so mad.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Daaaaaamn...you just got those done too. The thing is, your car is super noticeable because you have 5% AND your tails are blacked on a black car. After I got busted with my previous Honda for darkened tails, I haven't done it since. If you roll around with something lighter, you won't stand out as much.

Not being murdered out = less tickets

Old 03-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Sucks that it happened and especially while your mom was driving. If you plan on letting her drive it again, I would just go with whats legal so she wont have a chance to go through that hassle again.

Good for you for not creating a fight over it with your mom. Its not that big of deal not to have dark tint.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by That's G
Daaaaaamn...you just got those done too. The thing is, your car is super noticeable because you have 5% AND your tails are blacked on a black car. After I got busted with my previous Honda for darkened tails, I haven't done it since. If you roll around with something lighter, you won't stand out as much.

Not being murdered out = less tickets
you think if i do GTR tails and bring the windows up to like 35 I should be fine? I don't want to get tickets anymore but I honestly do feel like it looks so much sexier with everything darkened..

Old 03-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
I had 35% all around on my ob coupe and got busted multiple times.. its ****** bullshit!! U can still see in the damn car.. I hate new jersey!!

Old 03-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Just get it taken off the front man. She gets pulled over again your going to get killed. Especially when you tell her you "took them off" and she tries to tell the cop that when he gives her the ticket. Its not going to go well...

Old 03-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
I had 35% all around on my ob coupe and got busted multiple times.. its ****** bullshit!! U can still see in the damn car.. I hate new jersey!!
Ditto

Old 03-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by DrkBLuG35Sdn
Just get it taken off the front man. She gets pulled over again your going to get killed. Especially when you tell her you "took them off" and she tries to tell the cop that when he gives her the ticket. Its not going to go well...
thats prob what ill end up doing.. i hate it though because all the back is going to be tinted and then the front will have nothing lol.. might look weird

Old 03-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think there's a way around it, so you either pay the fine or remove the fronts.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Blacklite
thats prob what ill end up doing.. i hate it though because all the back is going to be tinted and then the front will have nothing lol.. might look weird
I had 20% all around for 3 years on my sedan and never even got looked at by the cops. I had 20% on my coupe for 2 years and I got 4 tickets and ended up getting the fronts stripped. Just wasnt worth the hassle anymore, not to mention the $$$. Realistically it wont look that funny with no tints in the front (I ran it and survived, and many others have been in the same boat), but obviously it wont look as good as when you had them there.

At the end of the day you have a flashy car, and a dark color. Your tints will get noticed (35% can look like 5% at certain angles), you will get pulled over again its just a matter of when.

Last edited by DrkBLuG35Sdn; 03-26-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
I say put a very light tint on there. On a hot bight sunny day a little is better then none

Old 03-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
I did and it looks stupid!!

Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^CA is just as bad whet it comes to worthless citations.
Thats what I'm rocking right now and I hate it.

The following users liked this post:
Frankieg35 (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 07:06 PM
mom just got back.. they cop gave her a ticket for not having a second bolt on the rear license plate (one of the was rusted so I grinded it off, and used a zip/cable tie to keep it up.. cop gave her a ticket for that and a warning for the tints. while I'm glad she kinda got a break with the tints, even though they cost the same as an improper plate display ticket which is what she got, i can't believe that a cop would give a ticket for not having a firkin screw on a license plate, although it is clearly visible.. sigh.. idk.. I'm really torn on this.. i know the right thing to do is take off the front tints, but i got this car to enjoy it, and i know I'm going to hate getting in it knowing it looks like ****...

Old 03-26-2012, 08:25 PM
mom just got back.. they cop gave her a ticket for not having a second bolt on the rear license plate (one of the was rusted so I grinded it off, and used a zip/cable tie to keep it up.. cop gave her a ticket for that and a warning for the tints. while I'm glad she kinda got a break with the tints, even though they cost the same as an improper plate display ticket which is what she got, i can't believe that a cop would give a ticket for not having a firkin screw on a license plate, although it is clearly visible.. sigh.. idk.. I'm really torn on this.. i know the right thing to do is take off the front tints, but i got this car to enjoy it, and i know I'm going to hate getting in it knowing it looks like ****...
Just be happy he didnt give you one for both. As stupid as the screw thing is (and yes its epically stupid) isnt that easier to deal with than the tints? I mean a new bolt is what, 10 cents? Screw it in and your done. If your mom doesnt care about the tints because she didnt actually get a ticket for them, just keep them. If she cares, take them off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tints must come off