G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Automatic seat postioning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Automatic seat postioning

So... On my old 08 maxima SL the seat and steering wheel would automatically adjust it self back all the way so I could get it in very easily then would correct it self to the memory setting of my choice once I would get in it and shut my door. Dose the 07 G35 have this feature bc I see it has memory seats like my 08 maxima had so it makes me wonder if there's a certain setting to turn that fuction on in the G

Old 03-29-2012, 05:34 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yep, the owners manual will tell you how but you just hold the MEM for a few seconds and then hit your preset button. While the lights are flashing hit unlock on your remote and it will pair your remote with your desired setting. I'm assuming 07 is just like 06...

The following users liked this post:
Silencer_0 (03-29-2012)
Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
There is, check the manual. Page 3.34, it's Automatic Driver Positioner. It's listed as an option, but comes with memory seats IIRC.

The manual can be downloaded, just google it.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:26 AM
You guys are getting me excited. Haha I can't wait to get it work . I miss that feature big time since I a good size guy and you have to lay down to get into the G anyways but it makes it a hell of a lot easier to get in and out of when the steering wheel and seat go all the way back . Thank you guys!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Okay so I tried holding the SET button for more then 10 seconds and it's suppose to flash twice when it's activated . However I keep doing this procedure and it blinks about 10-12 times and still dose not work. Can anyone give me some good insight to activating this for a 2007? It's driving me nuts not being able to get this feature to work :-(

Old 03-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Okay so I tried holding the SET button for more then 10 seconds and it's suppose to flash twice when it's activated . However I keep doing this procedure and it blinks about 10-12 times and still dose not work. Can anyone give me some good insight to activating this for a 2007? It's driving me nuts not being able to get this feature to work :-(

Old 03-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Getting the seat memory set feature to work was a pain the last time I had to do it, don't give up, read the entire section of the manual carefully.

If I'm reading your posts right, you're asking about a different feature than just seat memory. If you set your seat memory to your driving position, it will be at your driving position when you open the door. Unlike newer cars, it will not slide the seat back and steering wheel forward, then assume your driving position when you turn the car on.

However, since you have 2 memory settings, I have a suggestion I think will work for you:

At the end of your next drive, stop the car, put it in neutral with e-brake (for 6MT) or park (for auto) Do not turn the car off. Adjust the seat and steering wheel so you can get in and out comfortably, go ahead and test this. Then follow the instructions and set seat memory number 2 to this position and set your key fob to seat memory number 2. You may need to turn the car off and maybe even back on to get it to enable the seat memory, so try each of these. Then, adjust the seat and steering wheel to your preferred driving position. Then set seat memory number 1 to this position. Test that your seat will switch back and forth between 1 and 2 correctly.

Final Test:
Press the #2 button, the seat should move to let you out. Turn the car off, don't forget the keys, and get out. Press the #1 button, putting the seat in driving position, close the door, lock it with the fob. Now press unlock a few times on your fob, and your seat should move to position 2, open the door, get in, start the car, and then press the #1 button, and the seat should move to your driving position.

Results should be:
Your fob activates the "get in/get out" seat position
Press button #1 to get the seat into driving position
Press button #2 to get out of the car when you're done driving

Hope that helps. Follow the manual carefully to make sure you have the timing down. Read the whole section so you know what clears the settings since it seems like you might be holding buttons for too long.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
I think the feature you are thinking about is the "easy in / out" where when you open the door the seat moves back and steering wheel moves up. The 07 Coupe does NOT have that feature. It was in our 06 FX and our 08 Armada, where you could control the behavior via the settings display.

Since only coupes with Nav had a display screen, and even then only up if you push the button to pop it up, many of the newer settings & features just aren't in our cars. I personally don't like that feature, so I turned it off on our other cars, I wouldn't see how you could change it without the display screen.

The process posted by anynigma above seems like an ugly work-around, but might just work for you.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 PM
The automatics for 06-07 have automatic seat postinioning so the seat slides back and the steering wheel gose back (just as you described on the newer cars) when you open the car door vise versa whatever. My local Nissan told me I prob have a fuse blown out bc they followed the instructions in the Manuel like me and they didn't get it working ethier. So there saying most likely it's just a blown fuse and it'll be around $75.00 to fix it overall

Last edited by STLG35guy; 03-29-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Your suppose to hold the SET button for 10 seconds then its suppose to blink twice whitch in my case it blinks 10x instead of 2x when holding down for 10 secs. That's the way the Manuel says to activate this feature tho for my 07 coupe.!

Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Originally Posted by STLG35guy
The automatics for 06-07 have automatic seat postinioning so the seat slides back and the steering wheel gose back (just as you described on the newer cars) when you open the car door vise versa whatever. My local Nissan told me I prob have a fuse blown out bc they followed the instructions in the Manuel like me and they didn't get it working ethier. So there saying most likely it's just a blown fuse and it'll be around $75.00 to fix it overall
I can't reproduce this. If you ever got it working, please tell us what you had to do! My seats do not auto adjust in this manner. They do reposition when I click unlock on the fob to the saved position if I link the fob to the memory number. I think this actually wouldn't happen if this "easy in/ easy out" feature existed, blown fuse or not. I'd like to be wrong though.

Last comment, I hope its not 75 bucks for a blown fuse!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:19 PM
75 is for trying to look at it and discover the problem and fix it. If they don't do **** then I'm not giving them money

Old 03-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Please someone tell me before I get ripped off today by a Nissan dealership. Dose automatic seat postioning mean easy and in out ? Or dose it just mean to set the seats memory on the key fob? Please someone with true knowledge give me some quick feedback please. Thank you

Old 03-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by STLG35guy
Please someone tell me before I get ripped off today by a Nissan dealership. Dose automatic seat postioning mean easy and in out ? Or dose it just mean to set the seats memory on the key fob? Please someone with true knowledge give me some quick feedback please. Thank you
I have an 06 Coupe 6MT. Auto seat position only means the 2 memory spots and being able to program the fobs to one of the memory spots. I DON'T have easy in/out.

07 Coupe should be the same. 07 Sedan is second gen and is a different story. Hope this helps.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Premier Member

Learn something new everyday. The Entry/Exit function DOES exist for Automatic cars only.

Here is the relevant section of the owner's manual. I added the bold for what I think you might be having trouble with, if I'm reading what you've tried correctly..

Initializing entry/exit function -
The entry/exit function can be activated
or cancelled by pushing and holding the
SET switch for more than 10 seconds
while the ignition switch is in the LOCK
position.
The indicator light will blink
once when the function is cancelled, and
the indicator light will blink twice when
the function is activated. If the battery
cable is disconnected, or if the fuse
opens, the entry/exit function will be cancelled.

In such a case, after connecting
the battery or replacing with a new fuse,
open and close the driver's door more
than two times with the ignition switch or
ignition switch in the LOCK position. The
entry/exit function will be activated.
I don't know if this runs on a different fuse, but I'm sure you can check those yourself without paying Nissan to look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Automatic seat postioning