G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need opinions on this color combo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think being a girl u can pull it off. Maybe a darker shade of pink might work better though.... Have u thought about maybe just having ur BBK powder coated instead?

Old 04-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeGirl82
I'm nervous spending around $2k on wheels, tires and PCing, to get them on my car and they look awful. Yes, replicas can be sold easily, just not pink ones.
True, lol. Its not an easy decision paying for wheels when you're not sure how they'll turn out. But hey, you can always PC them to another color until you're happy. And I think either of those lugs will look good with the blue/pink theme you'll having going on with your bbk.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Keggr626
I think being a girl u can pull it off. Maybe a darker shade of pink might work better though.... Have u thought about maybe just having ur BBK powder coated instead?
No way, I LOVE my BBK and wouldn't mess with it. I get too many compliments to ever change it, besides, it was not an easy task getting it on and I don't have another car to drive while the brakes are off.

Originally Posted by Silencer_0
True, lol. Its not an easy decision paying for wheels when you're not sure how they'll turn out. But hey, you can always PC them to another color until you're happy. And I think either of those lugs will look good with the blue/pink theme you'll having going on with your bbk.
Very true, never considered that! That makes me feel a little better.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm nervous spending around $2k on wheels, tires and PCing, to get them on my car and they look awful. Yes, replicas can be sold easily, just not pink ones.
yeah, it def be a project, but you find the right shop to powdercoat them and ull be fine. and rep wheels are "inexpensive" so ppl dont mind buying them and PC themselves...
where are you from anyway?
I know a guy selling varrstoen LM reps, not on the forum. very nice dimensions. ill pm you his contact info and a pic if i can find one. Might be a good place to start...

Old 04-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by CantDieLS
yeah, it def be a project, but you find the right shop to powdercoat them and ull be fine. and rep wheels are "inexpensive" so ppl dont mind buying them and PC themselves...
where are you from anyway?
I know a guy selling varrstoen LM reps, not on the forum. very nice dimensions. ill pm you his contact info and a pic if i can find one. Might be a good place to start...
Yeah, ur right. Those are the ones I'm going with. I live outside DC.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

found this, not really feeling it. I think instead of pink rims you should do more of a dark purple. It will look more subtle on the car. Right now it looks like it stands out way too much out of place. Just my opinion though. Please update would love to see more pictures as you get this project rolling.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:34 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
^ Looks as though the whole barrel is pink, which makes it look like too much pink and I'm not feeling it on that car either. I think as long as she has a decent sized lip and keeps it polished, as well as going with a slightly darker shade, she'll be fine.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:46 AM
Good to know cause thats what my bf drives (hatchback) and he thought pink wheels would look good on his car too.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ Looks as though the whole barrel is pink, which makes it look like too much pink and I'm not feeling it on that car either. I think as long as she has a decent sized lip and keeps it polished, as well as going with a slightly darker shade, she'll be fine.
youre right, i didnt take that into consideration. Lets see how this turns out im very intereted now.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Well I didn't want to spend much because I don't really know how it's going to look like. So I was going to get reps. Unsure of size still. 19X9 (F) & 19X10.5 (R)
Those wheel sizes are perfect along with the 15 offsets. Consider gun metal for the centers and pink lugs, that would look good on your coupe and still give you the girlie look due to the lugs....Gary

Old 04-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
gangsta

Old 04-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think pink rivets and pink bbk would look better, the all pink may be too much but like everyone else has said, it may just be the brightness. and +1 for repowdercoating if you dont like how they turn out. just my opinion so go for it if you like it!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Thnx for the advice thus far. It has all been very helpful! I'll have to play around in photoshop with a darker pink and a purple.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I concur

Old 04-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Originally Posted by truongxlong
found this, not really feeling it. I think instead of pink rims you should do more of a dark purple. It will look more subtle on the car. Right now it looks like it stands out way too much out of place. Just my opinion though. Please update would love to see more pictures as you get this project rolling.
I could really see a dark purple, maybe subtly chromed or highly glossed, again with a polished rim. AB is the best color (which is why my coupe is AB), but its classy (also why my coupe is AB). IMHO hot pink is too flashy. Don't do it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need opinions on this color combo