G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

issues with speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
issues with speakers

I have few issues with my speakers in my 2004 G35 coupe over the past few month. First of all there's an issue where the sound would either almost totally fade momentarily or fade on the left hand side speakers when I brake, especially hard braking. I have no idea why would braking affect the speakers. Second, occasionally (40 % of the time) the rear speakers will make super loud static noise when I start my car in the morning. This static noise will dissapear after 15 seconds and never happen again throughout the day. Other than this, there is no issues with the unit itself. I was thinking to replace rear speakers only but I don't know if this will fix my issue.
Thansk for input.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 AM
anyone ?

Old 04-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
This is a common, known issue in both the G and the Z. I'm assuming you have a Bose system? The fading in and out has to do with the ribbon wire in the head unit. They're cheap, and the connections wear out and break over time. So when you brake, the wire shifts ever so slightly, and the head unit loses connection to the speaker.

As far as the static, well, I don't know. Have you checked your grounds to see if maybe you have a loose or bad ground somewhere?

Old 04-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
This is a common, known issue in both the G and the Z. I'm assuming you have a Bose system? The fading in and out has to do with the ribbon wire in the head unit. They're cheap, and the connections wear out and break over time. So when you brake, the wire shifts ever so slightly, and the head unit loses connection to the speaker.

As far as the static, well, I don't know. Have you checked your grounds to see if maybe you have a loose or bad ground somewhere?
Yes, it's BOSE system. I will check for the grounds, and as for the ribbon wire in the head unit, is it easy to replace by myself ? where can I buy it ?

Thanks alot

Old 04-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by krypton
Yes, it's BOSE system. I will check for the grounds, and as for the ribbon wire in the head unit, is it easy to replace by myself ? where can I buy it ?

Thanks alot
No, the ribbon wire in the HU is actually a pretty complicated process. If you're half-way competent in wiring, you CAN fix it. There's a how-to laying around here somewhere.

But if you're not very well learned in wiring and electronics, I'd either shop around for a new OEM HU, or just swap to an aftermarket.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
No, the ribbon wire in the HU is actually a pretty complicated process. If you're half-way competent in wiring, you CAN fix it. There's a how-to laying around here somewhere.

But if you're not very well learned in wiring and electronics, I'd either shop around for a new OEM HU, or just swap to an aftermarket.
Does this process involve soldering ? I will try to find the DIY