G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

04 350z roadster springs on a 04 G35 coupe

  #1  
Old 04-20-2012, 02:50 PM
XLR8_'s Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: el paso tx
Posts: 1,156
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
04 350z roadster springs on a 04 G35 coupe

What up guys,
I bought some Oem 350z springs on craigslist for $20.. wanted to lower my car a lil bit. So after doing some research and i found out the springs i bought came off a 350z roadster. I wanted to know if there was any difference between them, and if i can still get a lil drop if i install on my 04 coupe... Thanks in advance guys...

I search but all i found was people intalling the regular 350z and not roadster.. sorry for my noobness
 
  #2  
Old 04-20-2012, 03:05 PM
lostangels01's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Koreatown
Posts: 300
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Researched the specs, I didn't see any changes to the suspension/height with my research. I am currently trying to get some oem 350z springs to drop my 03 coupe. Are you gonna be using oem shocks?
If you don't want those springs, ill take them off your hands. lol PayPal ready too.
 
  #3  
Old 04-20-2012, 03:13 PM
gary c's Avatar
SLICK
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 19,401
Received 1,109 Likes on 984 Posts
If your looking to lower your coupe the OE 350Z springs aren't worth installing. Buy a set of Tein 350Z H-Tech springs, that won't change the ride quality and will lower you car 3/4" (R) and 1" (F)....Gary
 
  #4  
Old 04-20-2012, 03:16 PM
XLR8_'s Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: el paso tx
Posts: 1,156
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by lostangels01 View Post
Researched the specs, I didn't see any changes to the suspension/height with my research. I am currently trying to get some oem 350z springs to drop my 03 coupe. Are you gonna be using oem shocks?
If you don't want those springs, ill take them off your hands. lol PayPal ready too.
Thanks... lol ive been looking for a set here in el paso.. they hard to find so i think ima keep em lol, and yes ima keep the stock shocks
 
  #5  
Old 04-20-2012, 03:18 PM
XLR8_'s Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: el paso tx
Posts: 1,156
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c View Post
If your looking to lower your coupe the OE 350Z springs aren't worth installing. Buy a set of Tein 350Z H-Tech springs, that won't change the ride quality and will lower you car 3/4" (R) and 1" (F)....Gary
I was thinking about the h tech but i saw these for 20 bills i just couldnt say no, ive seen a lot of thread and people seem to be happy with the oem's.. if im not content then ill deff buy the h techs.. thanks gary!!!
 
  #6  
Old 04-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Swivel's Avatar
Moderator
iTrader: (13)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Posts: 19,677
Received 157 Likes on 119 Posts
04.5 and newer have revised rear springs with a higher spring rate, just fyi.
 
  #7  
Old 04-20-2012, 03:26 PM
lostangels01's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Koreatown
Posts: 300
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c View Post
If your looking to lower your coupe the OE 350Z springs aren't worth installing. Buy a set of Tein 350Z H-Tech springs, that won't change the ride quality and will lower you car 3/4" (R) and 1" (F)....Gary
Really? i would of figured they would drop the coupe about 1/2" to 3/4". If that's the case, I am also looking to buy some 350z Megan Racing Lowering Springs off concept z performance website.
 
  #8  
Old 04-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 648
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8_ View Post
I was thinking about the h tech but i saw these for 20 bills i just couldnt say no, ive seen a lot of thread and people seem to be happy with the oem's.. if im not content then ill deff buy the h techs.. thanks gary!!!
$2,000?!?! Damn, those better be some high quality Z springs.

I'm going for a little more aggressive drop on my car. I orderd S.Techs and Z struts.

If you're looking for a nice drop on springs/struts, definitely go for the Teins. If you have a deeper pocket, then look into coilovers.

Also, it'd be in your best interest to run some Z struts, too. That way you're not really reducing your suspension travel, and the car will respond to bumps better.
 
  #9  
Old 04-20-2012, 04:02 PM
XLR8_'s Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: el paso tx
Posts: 1,156
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
Lol 20.00!!
I just figured that .5 drop would be good for now.. Dont have too much cash to order springs or coilovers... I would really want coilovers form stance but too expensive for me...
 
  #10  
Old 04-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,424
Received 480 Likes on 427 Posts
^were u gonna install them urself?
 
  #11  
Old 04-23-2012, 01:26 PM
XLR8_'s Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: el paso tx
Posts: 1,156
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
Yes i am going to install them myself.. dont think it would be that hard.....
 
  #12  
Old 04-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,424
Received 480 Likes on 427 Posts
oh ok cus i was gonna say if u werent and u ended up not liking them u woulda wasted money on the install
 
  #13  
Old 04-23-2012, 02:22 PM
XLR8_'s Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: el paso tx
Posts: 1,156
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
I think i will like em.. I got the rays so i think its going to be noticeable
 
  #14  
Old 04-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 507
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8_ View Post
What up guys,
I bought some Oem 350z springs on craigslist for $20.. wanted to lower my car a lil bit. So after doing some research and i found out the springs i bought came off a 350z roadster. I wanted to know if there was any difference between them, and if i can still get a lil drop if i install on my 04 coupe... Thanks in advance guys...

I search but all i found was people intalling the regular 350z and not roadster.. sorry for my noobness
The 350z springs you have will lower your car roughly 3/4" in front, and 1/4" to 1/2" in back. I cut my springmounts to go even further.

The largest issue is that the Z springs you have are unrevised, as referenced above. They will be softer than your stock G springs, regardless of what the Stickied Springs/Shock thread says about rates.

For the price, the 350z REVISED springs are a fantastic deal. Should be able to get a set shipped for $70-$90 or even less.
 
The following users liked this post:
XLR8_ (04-23-2012)
  #15  
Old 04-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 648
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8_ View Post
Yes i am going to install them myself.. dont think it would be that hard.....
Spring and strut install on the G is a cakewalk. Especially the rear springs.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 04 350z roadster springs on a 04 G35 coupe


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: