G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need advice~~Insurance company wants to total my baby G35 :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ejoe19
Although your mileage is super low - $18,500 is a really good offer IMHO. Insurance providers base their settlements on the Actual Cash Value of your vehicle at the time of the loss - they really couldn't care less what you paid for the car a year ago.
LOL Didnt see this comment. But yeah this what i was saying too

Old 04-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jessiex95
Too bad that dude's insurance just expired before the accident and he was not even aware of cuz it's a company insurance.
But my insurance company telling me as long as the car current value<(repair cost+savage value), my car will be totaled, regardless whose fault is it.
Are you saying he was driving a company car that was uninsured? If so that company is liable, your insurance company is going to go after them to recover the claim they pay to you. Most likely they will sue them since they don’t have an insurance policy to go after. Seems like this situation would be different than an average uninsured driver, and you should be able to recover the value of replacing your G and not "settle" for their low ball offer.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The company that employed the other driver should have a commercial auto policy that would provide excess coverage if it's a vehicle owned by the employee. The primary coverage usually will be provided by the employees insurance. If the employee was uninsured then the company's policy comes into play. Your insurance company doesn't really care what they pay you to some extent, as they will eventually subrogate (seek reimbursement) from the company's policy anyway, and it sounds like they will win as well if the police report is in your favor.

Go through the adverse carrier to see if they make you a better offer. Your right of recovery is actual cash value. Unfortunately what you paid for the car has very little impact on what the ACV is. Keep trying to find G's for sale in your area (within 500 miles) to compare prices to, your settlement should be somewhere around there. You can buy back the car salvage as well if you want to keep the car forever, just remember you're gonna get screwed when you try to sell it.