G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My 05 6MT disappeared & found!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 10:15 PM
onG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 05 6MT disappeared & found!

Hopefully you guys/gals can advise on this one. I have a deposit (and VIN#) for an 05 6MT. The car was supposed to be here by now and I got a call from the dealer today saying Infiniti has changed cars on me and it will be delayed another week or two, they gave me a new VIN and told me it would be here ~21st. The only reconcilation they offered was to give me a loner in the meantime. I am definitely not satisfied with this answer.

The REAL kicker: I just found my car (VIN#) on the Infiniti website at another dealer!

Does anyone know the recourse on this? This doesn't seem legit that I have a deposit and VIN#, then at the last minute they "change" cars on me and deliver it to another dealer (both in SoCal)???? My experience has been terrible at best with Infiniti... too bad I really want the car. I've placed calls with both dealers and waiting to hear back.

Old 01-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Location: Phoenix, AZ -- why people live in the middle of the desert baffles me
they offered you a loaner? what are you complaining about? my friend is already driving his around and my dealer doesn't even claim they know when the first batch are coming in, they just keep saying mid january.

i think we need to stop being overzealous. i'm sure they're not trying to screw you. there isn't a dude a the dealership going, "hehe, i bet i can really mess with this guy ... lets give him a new vin an make him wait another week".

Old 01-10-2005, 10:57 PM
they prob figured they'd give it to somebody who ordered it much sooner than you did and to make up for it, they gave you a loaner. Nothing wrong with that, you drive a free car.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:16 PM
that sux man!! if i was you i would take the free car in the mean time....it'll give you a lil taste of whats comming!! PJ

04c/6mt/dg/g/pre/aero 19's

Old 01-11-2005, 12:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say screw it and get a Ford Focus instead.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Sorry to break it to ya but a deposit doesn't make the car yours, only if you signed papers and contracted it and put a down payment, then your assigned VIN is yours. A deposit just gets ya a courtesy call (if its not already sold).

Old 01-11-2005, 03:07 AM
Z2G
this is off-topic but after you put down your deposit, when did you receive the vin number?

did you sign any paperwork yet? does the car with the new vin# have the exact same options? if so, what's another week? plus you get the free loaner.

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2005, 08:40 AM
not sure how it works where u are, but my deposit acts as a guaranteed purchase agreement (i also have a vehicle on order coming in 2 weeks). mine also states the vin # associated to the vehicle on order. this isn't exactly a tv that u have on order here. u have a specific vehicle with options and colours to your liking. if the sheet u received after your deposit has that vin # on it... i would say your contract is void with that dealership and u can get your deposit back in full if u ask for it. imo it sounds like your dealership made some sort of deal with the other dealership and the car was either bought or traded. i would call the other dealership up and see it that vehicle is available or already claimed. is the other dealership close by? i would just try to purchase it there if it's still available. btw.. what kind of loaner are they offering ? i hope it's not a rent-a-car company.... u should check that out.

my 2 cents.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:09 AM
abuse the loaner g35 to see what its capable of. then when you get your car, you'll know without the risk of messing your car up.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Tell them you know where the actual car is...can't hurt to see if they will switch back

Old 01-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by patrickwong
I would say screw it and get a Ford Focus instead.
hahaha

onG- Jokes aside, it must be frustrating for you, but hang in there and you will
definitely enjoy your car when you finally get it.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:07 PM
onG
The dealer told me the car was damaged at Port so Infiniti is switching me a similar/same one, but diff VIN.

Come to find out the car is fine and prestine condition. I called the other dealer and try to buy it... they want a fair amount more than my purchase agreement. Called back the original dealer and tell them I know the other dealer has it and it is fine. They reply that it has been pre-sold at the other dealer, I tell them they wanted to sell it to ME. So basically they got caught in a lie.

I needed that exact VIN, as advised by my CPA, due the purchase agreement and ~50% down I put in 2004. To answer your question; I received the VIN# mid December. Either way, I'll eventually get it it/one and be a happy camper when this is all done and over.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:31 PM
OnG I really don't know why you are bitching. I mean they gave you a loaner for the time being and it's not like they are going to give a more F'ed up car for that one. You are still getting the car so stop crying.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by ][ron|2icE
OnG I really don't know why you are bitching. I mean they gave you a loaner for the time being and it's not like they are going to give a more F'ed up car for that one. You are still getting the car so stop crying.
I think why onG is so pissed off about it even though he is getting a loaner car. It all comes down to the fact that it isn't FAIR. Who cares if he gets a loaner car, that doesn't give them the right to give him a differ VIN# just cause they made a deal with some other dealership. Based on his current findings, seem like the dealership was caught in their own lies. Which is possible, as not all dealerships out there are looking out for their customers interests first. He waited long enough, and its not FAIR that he has to wait another week cause the dealership is trying to pay games with him. I'm quoting you and others as well. This would sux if my dealership told me this, I would be pissed, having to wait longer cause they don't give a flying fudge about when you get your car.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Z2G
onG,
when did you put down your deposit? i'm curious because i put my deposit down on 10/31/2004 and have yet to receive a vin#. when is it customary to receive the vin#....a month or two weeks before the car is due to arrive?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 05 6MT disappeared & found!