G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Constant squealing from right front area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 01:04 AM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Constant squealing from right front area

Hi guys,

Picked up a 06 black/black G35 coupe recently with 60k miles. I love it! Anyway, there's only a couple minor problems with it, so I'll just list them all but the thread title has the main problem.

1. There is a constant squeal from my brakes. It sounds like as the rim is rotating, about 50% of something moving is making contact, basically like old brakes on a truck or bus will sound, not a constant tone but as it slows down you hear it. However, mine happens nearly all of the time. Does anyone know what this is? It's going into the shop on Friday and I would like to be able to give the mechanic an idea of how to fix it.

2. The door light that illuminates when the door opens to shine on the ground is out on the driver's side. What type of bulb does this take?

3. The driver's side window squeaks when all the way down, but only when it hits a bump. Very minor annoyance, is this an easy fix?

Did some quick searches but most of the threads are old with broken picture links. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
Hi guys,

Picked up a 06 black/black G35 coupe recently with 60k miles. I love it! Anyway, there's only a couple minor problems with it, so I'll just list them all but the thread title has the main problem.

1. There is a constant squeal from my brakes. It sounds like as the rim is rotating, about 50% of something moving is making contact, basically like old brakes on a truck or bus will sound, not a constant tone but as it slows down you hear it. However, mine happens nearly all of the time. Does anyone know what this is? It's going into the shop on Friday and I would like to be able to give the mechanic an idea of how to fix it.

Did some quick searches but most of the threads are old with broken picture links. Thanks in advance!
could be your rear brake pads are low. take a look at it before the mechanic charges you an arm and a leg just for pads.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by SFG_35
could be your rear brake pads are low. take a look at it before the mechanic charges you an arm and a leg just for pads.
Thanks man, I'll check it out. I had it inspected 8 days ago before I bought it, and they said half on the front and a bit less than half on the rear. Tomorrow is the state inspection since I didn't buy it in my home state. Sound definitely seems to be coming from the front though.