G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

NEED HELP!! My G got in a pretty bad accident involving chasis damage.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation NEED HELP!! My G got in a pretty bad accident involving chasis damage.

2004 G35 Coupe Auto

Hey guys, please take the time to read this i really need your help!

okay so here's the story, i was driving on L.I.E around 9pm heading home and as i approach my exit which is 108 St., i give the turn signals and start moving on the exit lane (mind you it was pretty busy around that time). As i'm half way done switching lanes, the SUV in front of me just slams his brakes and that's when we get into a collision. now obviously the insurance is not covering anything because it's my fault regardless because i "hit" him from the back (plus i don't have full coverage).

there were barely any damage done to his car but mine was damn near totaled (which i thought it was at the moment). the airbags did not deploy but smoke/steam started coming up from under the hood which stopped about a minute later. its been about 2 months i've been looking for an honest shop to work on my G because i know it's going to cost a lot. i went to 2 shops and their estimate was around 5K but i don't really trust them.

i wanna sell it as is and get another car but i bought this car less than a year ago and i still have couple of K's left to pay. so my plan is to just fix it up, finish paying for it then sell it and get another car. please give me your suggestions as to what i should do because my head is . i bought some parts already (bumper, radiator support, intake, etc..)

check out the pictures of the car and the damage. it's on this link: http://imageshack.us/g/577/dsc0001tu.jpg/

thank you so much for the help guys!!

p.s. this is my first post but i've always been on this site just reading, ever since i bought my G

p.s.s. please recommend an honest autoshop that can work on my G that you can vouch for or had a good experience with. i live in queens, new york.

Last edited by imsoulany; 06-10-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Hey man, Im sorry to hear that, but I'm glad your still here to tell us the story at least
Depending on how much you have left to pay on it compared to how much it will cost to fix it, I'd probably just cut the loses, but since you already bought some parts id probably sell those as well. No one really wants to buy a car that's been in an accident ( at least i wouldn't ) unless you know someone who wants a G for cheap who will take it off your hands.

Anyways good luck man and I hope everything works out for you!!

Old 06-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by iMcGee
Hey man, Im sorry to hear that, but I'm glad your still here to tell us the story at least
Depending on how much you have left to pay on it compared to how much it will cost to fix it, I'd probably just cut the loses, but since you already bought some parts id probably sell those as well. No one really wants to buy a car that's been in an accident ( at least i wouldn't ) unless you know someone who wants a G for cheap who will take it off your hands.

Anyways good luck man and I hope everything works out for you!!
hey thanks for the reply. yea it really really sucks. i still have about 8.5K left to pay, plus all the parts i bought are brand new and i spent a little over a thousand for em. you're definitely right about no one wanting to buy a car that's been in an accident, which is why i wanna keep it for now because i need to get around at least until i actually have enough money to buy a new car. i would be left with so many bills if i sell this as is and drop what i get for a down payment on another car.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Lesson learned, "Keep your Distance!" & Get full coverage!

Bottom line you have two choices, find a reliable bodyshop you trust and have them fix it or sell what's left and find another G. The $5K sounds about right, most bodyshops will give you a break since you're paying the bill. Your choice we can't make it for you....Gary

Old 06-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
You don't have to have full coverage if youre financing the car?

The following users liked this post:
Frankieg35 (06-10-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
We all know insurance rates suck, but why not have full coverage on something you know will be expensive to fix?

Old 06-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
okay this might sound so criminal but worth to try as long there's no police report regarding the accident, nor any witnesses. if the driver in the truck is kind enough to work together with you, just find your relative or maybe siblings that has full coverage insurance and tell the insurance he was the one who driving your car. so pretty much saying, you gonna use your relative or siblings insurance and you pay the deductible and the increases they will have every month from their insurance...

Old 06-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Insurance is ridiculous where I am.. I've never had full coverage.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Yeahhh insurance fraud is def the way to go. /sarcasm

Old 06-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did your insurance say that they're not paying for anything? Or does your insurance not cover collision? Even if it's your fault, that's what you're paying insurance for...to get your car fixed.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:11 PM
thanks for the reply guys!!

i think it's a little too late for that, i've already made a police report and such and such. the worst mistake i've made was to buy the car from an owner who wanted full cash in hand and i really wanted the G so what i did was get a loan from the bank to pay it off. And i pay the bank it's loan back every month, that is how i was able to get just liability insurance.

seeing as to how selling the car as is right now is the best option rather than getting it fixed for 5K and still have a car with high mileage and repaired chasis/frame, i think i've made up my mind. Are there any sites online or places you can recommend where i can post it up for sale (except craigslist), because i really need to get this off my hands ASAP and how much should i expect for the car? i haven't drove for over 2 months and it's driving me nuts lol

thanks again guys!

-----

2004 5AT G35 Coupe (Black)
128,xxx miles (went thru a lot of road trips)

Last edited by imsoulany; 06-10-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: forgot to add details about the car
Old 06-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by bkmitchy
Did your insurance say that they're not paying for anything? Or does your insurance not cover collision? Even if it's your fault, that's what you're paying insurance for...to get your car fixed.
they said they don't cover collision and is not paying a single dime. i asked them if they could give me a break and atleast help me out a little through the payments to get my car fixed and they gave me a sad "NO".

Old 06-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
If you do consider getting this car fixed, the shop I've been happiest with around here is Freeport Collision. It's a couple of miles from you but they do offer towing and they do amazing work. I know you're in a tough spot right now but it might not be that easy selling that car the way it is right now. You're going to get bombarded with lowball offers for it, a lot less than what you still owe on it. I'm sure you can find some good shops in Queens too, I'm just not familiar with any of the shops in your area.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
If you want the most money then sell it on ebay and list it there. Try to set a buy it now for high and then start knocking it down $500 every 5 days and see the results. Setup auto decline for buy it now to weed out lots of low ballers and then message all the folks who have decent offers and try to negotiate. List it on autotrader if you can afford it and might get some good feedback on there as well. You can try insurance auctions like Copart.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not that bad, when I purchased my g from copart (insurance company) I had the same amount of damage even the damage on the chasis. I bought all my parts and the body shop fixed the chasis, installed the parts, painted the front end and wet sanded and buffed my entire car under $2500.

While working on my car he was also working on 2 other g35s at the same damn time, lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!! My G got in a pretty bad accident involving chasis damage.