G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bent all 4 wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It was even worse when I hit it. There was more of a hump at the beginning of the patch when I hit it. I don't know how the tires didn't pop or even to shocks/struts blow. I wish I knew how much State Farm was giving me so I could start looking for new wheels.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazy8ship
WHAT THE ****!? That's totally unacceptable, the contractor shouldn't be allowed to re-open the lane to traffic until it is satisfactorily completed in a safe and drivable manner. The road authority should be liable and compensate you, while they seek the reimbursement from the contractors. Let's say if someone hit that ditch and spun out of control into another lane and get hit by another car or worse a truck.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's pretty unbelievable, especially for a freeway... I know over here in Canada somebody got successfully reimbursed for all damaged caused by a road surface MUCH less damaged than that.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:23 AM
There was a tractor trailer beside me when I hit the hump too. If I would have popped a tire or lost control, it could have gotten really ugly.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by broke_as_ajoke
damn.. that's a HOLE...
thats what she said

Old 06-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Glad you're OK and that it was just the wheels that were damaged. That would have been very scary with a tractor trailer right beside you.

I'm a Civil Engineer and have done a lot of road design over the past 20+ years.
IMO, to leave any roadway in that state without proper delineation, (signage, barriers, cones, paint, reduce speed signs etc) is clear negligence on someones part.

Now, the problem of getting your money back will be waiting for the contractor(s), engineer(s) and the Municipality to determine (argue over) who's at fault.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Glad you're OK and that it was just the wheels that were damaged. That would have been very scary with a tractor trailer right beside you.

I'm a Civil Engineer and have done a lot of road design over the past 20+ years.
IMO, to leave any roadway in that state without proper delineation, (signage, barriers, cones, paint, reduce speed signs etc) is clear negligence on someones part.

Now, the problem of getting your money back will be waiting for the contractor(s), engineer(s) and the Municipality to determine (argue over) who's at fault.
I'm sure they got a lot of complaints if they already had it blocked off and were fixing it 4 hours later when I got back to take pictures. They are lucky that no one was killed hitting that patch. I'm hopping my Insurance can recoup the money from the contractor. I am getting the run around right now by my insurance company about replacing my wheels. Two can't be fix and two can be. So they just want to give me money to fix two of them and buy two new ones even though I can't get two new ones to match the old ones.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm sure they got a lot of complaints if they already had it blocked off and were fixing it 4 hours later when I got back to take pictures. They are lucky that no one was killed hitting that patch. I'm hopping my Insurance can recoup the money from the contractor. I am getting the run around right now by my insurance company about replacing my wheels. Two can't be fix and two can be. So they just want to give me money to fix two of them and buy two new ones even though I can't get two new ones to match the old ones.

They are talking about the "Paid and Set Clause":

Provision in many business and personal policies that loss or damage to one of a pair or set of individual items does not represent the loss of the pair or set. For example, the loss of one diamond earring would not entitle an insured to be reimbursed for a pair of earrings, but for only the resulting decrease in the overall pre-loss value of the pair.

It is most often seen with jewellery and furniture - but I've also seen it applied to wheels as well. With that said, the cost to repair the two damaged wheels will be nearly the same as what it would to replace them. I don't understand how your insurer will be saving any money by doing this...

If I were you, I'd call you adjuster and tell him/her that you would accept a Cash Out instead in the amount of $2,000. They'll probably offer something around $1,000 instead. Tell the adjuster you'll meet them halfway at $1,500. Claim closed

Old 06-29-2012, 09:47 AM
^ I would also argue that a repaired wheel most likely will not have the structural integrity it did prior to the repair. This, in it self, could be considered a safety issue. It depends on how bad the damage is.
Do you have any pictures of the wheels they want you to have fixed?

Old 06-29-2012, 10:29 AM
It would only cost them an extra $300 to just replace the other two wheels instead of fixing them. With my jewelry rider, I pay extra to that if my wife losses one diamond ear ring, they will replace the pair. I talked to my local insurance broker and he is suppose to be calling claims today. I've been with them for 15 years and he agrees that they should just replace all four. I'm sure they are getting out cheaper also with the after market wheel instead of factory. Factory wheels are ridiculous in price.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:49 AM
It would only cost them an extra $300 to just replace the other two wheels instead of fixing them. With my jewelry rider, I pay extra to that if my wife losses one diamond ear ring, they will replace the pair. I talked to my local insurance broker and he is suppose to be calling claims today. I've been with them for 15 years and he agrees that they should just replace all four. I'm sure they are getting out cheaper also with the after market wheel instead of factory. Factory wheels are ridiculous in price.
You are right but I wouldn't bring this up with them. They could use it against you. If they insured you, with the OEM wheels, they could argue that the OEM wheels may be stronger and would not have bent.
Not likely true but don't give them anything to use against you.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:05 PM
I just got a call from them. They decided to just give me money for four new wheels at $262 a piece. They claim that is what they can get a similar TSW wheel for. I'm not going to complain, at least they are going to replace them all now.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:19 PM
I just got a call from them. They decided to just give me money for four new wheels at $262 a piece. They claim that is what they can get a similar TSW wheel for. I'm not going to complain, at least they are going to replace them all now.
Is that factoring your deductible? I wouldn't even make a claim if I had to give them $500 to get a cheque for $1048.
That seems a little low. Where are they getting their price?
What about the tires? Were they checked and you are 100% sure they are undamaged? What about installation?
Shouldn't insurance cover everything?

Old 06-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
That's my worst nightmare.. Good luck getting new wheels..

Old 06-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
holy $hit that is a massive pothole. After driving from MN to Miami, I have to say the roads here in MN are some of the best in the nation and we have some harsh winters. They are really good at repairing potholes after they appear, very thankful for that after pulling the G out in the spring

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bent all 4 wheels