Making the G35 into an exotic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is what my Zed could look like.
https://i.imgur.com/K98Vv.jpg

Originally Posted by AJY
I want that ****ing badge like the pope wants little boys.
Right now and by the grace of GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDD
Anything is possible.

http://www.creativecrash.com/marketp...finiti-essence

How to
http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/te...-kit-cars.html

Originally Posted by ME GUSTA
If I had the time to make/customize a car. I would not be trying to change one car into another...

I'd build a Superlite SLC.
Good for you, but it looks like crap... and you wouldnt want to change its design because that would be posing.

Originally Posted by herrschaft
Thats rather interesting. Obviously he's trying to make it look like a super car but what else is being done for it to rate that title. A basic twin turbo setup is not going to cut it and I don't believe the VQ35 should even be used. If that build can hold its own against the other super cars once completed then good job, but if this is being done just for looks then its gay as fvck...
This Ferrari came with 150hp, you would call this gay as ****? or is there a design timeline in your philosophy?

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
This is almost as good as the Fiero/Lambo replicas you see floating around.
Cool concept, but...why?
Originally Posted by gary c
Why waste your time and $$ changing our cars into something it isn't? Body kits are one thing, remaking our cars is a whole worthless project! What's it going to be worth when you're finished, less than what you started with....Gary
The point is your cars have generic designing compared to a good looking kit car, like a Murcielago.
was for sale for $17k

Originally Posted by Pepper
Props for being differenf but it might have been a better decision to buy a tube chasis from a reputable shop and then customize it instead of possibly destroying the balance/structure of the G.
That would make for 3-4 times the cost.

Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
ARASHI... I couldn't agree with you more! We members of this forum do tend to think like 6th grade girls and probably will never own a beautiful exotic car that we've hand built from the ground up. Over the years there have been people like you who have followed their dreams and built their own exotics and no one would call them posers.
Interesting car kit you chose there, Im betting something like that has more poon potential, with breaking the ice and picking up women, then your common Nissan, ie g35.

Originally Posted by Adon
Arash are you ****ing serious dude ? come on buddy, come back to reality please

guys you don't know this dude the OP, but he's a local legend everyone here in Vancouver knows him as a whackjob for his constant ideas of dreaming up **** like this.... it's a long story, but to make it short here is his main project... a ****ing paper mache 300zx kit to make it look like an exotic, that alone says enough...

dude literally tried convincing us on a local thread paper mache would work
What, it didnt work? I did this years back but put it on hold to make a CNC and take the kit to another level.
https://i.imgur.com/lgcRA.jpg

Originally Posted by DKano
I don't know if a G35 is a good donor car for this type of project, usually you want to start with a light car, but I've never done one of these projects, so what do I know. I'm not going to hate on people that do this because this can be a great hobby for someone.

The g35, like the z350 is bloated compared to the z32 and other slicker models. I wouldnt call it the best donor either.

The guy on that other website has a lot of time on his hands to chop up a G35 like that without even knowing what he wants to end up with!
Got a question for Arashi, what software are you using to do those designs? It doesn't look like that software does a good job of rendering, the designs look all chopped up,
I use a combination of programs but basically Sketchup. The models look choppy because first I reduce the resolution so that I can manipulate it fast when designing and also because I use multiple car designs/panels and fuse them to create what I desire.

almost like paper mache designs! That guy on the other website actually did a pretty good job with that rear end design he threw up there.
If you can influence that builder, then try to go with something more modern, with some nice curves, instead of something that looks squarish and outdated, that's my suggestion.
In my last post I made some suggestions, but I guess he has a set design and method of making the body so from here on I'll be mostly spectating.

Last edited by Arashi; 08-20-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Received 300 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by AJY
I wouldn't do it but it does not look bad with the body lines. Just being honest.
SRSLY?!?

Old 08-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm not going to give him a hard time with the paper mache thing, he could have just been using that to make the shape for some parts. If it held up long enough for him to lay the fiberglass, then hey, he would have gotten his parts done. I've seen people use aluminum foil and cardboard to make some parts, some just use tape. It's not like he was just going to drive around in a paper mache car, at least I hope not!!

Old 08-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
this is awesome thanks for providing me some enterainment at work ill watch the youtube videos at home so i can get a good laugh

Here's my 2 cents

All show and no go

The following users liked this post:
Arashi (08-20-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Arashi
This Ferrari came with 150hp, you would call this gay as ****? or is there a design timeline in your philosophy?
Of course there's a timeline, otherwise the G35 can be considered a supercar if compared to a Model-T.....

Oh, and I'm fairly certain that Ferrari can still outperform a G35.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
I think from an engineering standpoint you have an interesting idea, just like a kit car, but the problem is the amount of money needed to change the G into an exotic, plus being ridiculed at car shows is not worth it. I don't think it is a good idea to post replica lambos to show how "great" they look.. think about it, once these replica lambos get their *** handed to them by simple turbo civics or srt4s, you will be the laughing stock of your town.

You have talent, use it for actual exotics, or high end cars, like the GTR, or amg's, or corvettes.. and when you got the money, make your own kit car. The G is ill equipped for this. It is heavy, hard to tune, and costs a ton to add FI.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:45 PM
AJY
Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Pepper
SRSLY?!?

Serious. You can't objectively having never seen it on an r8 say it's bad. I've seen worse trust me.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That second one is pretty cool!

Old 08-21-2012, 02:21 AM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
The point is your cars have generic designing compared to a good looking kit car, like a Murcielago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmou_l-77M8 was for sale for $17k
For a "generic" design, my car gets an awful lot of compliments.

And this is exactly how the conversation would go:

-"Dude...that's a nice Murcielago."
"Thanks."
-"Is it fast?"
"Well, yeah."
-"Can I see the engine?"
"Erm...I don't think so."
-"Well why not? Come on, let me look."
-"Wait...why are there only four cylinders?"
-"Dude...what kind of joke is this?"

Seriously. Trying to make your car something it's not is just stupid...

Originally Posted by herrschaft
Of course there's a timeline, otherwise the G35 can be considered a supercar if compared to a Model-T.....

Oh, and I'm fairly certain that Ferrari can still outperform a G35.
This. Just because a car only has 130HP doesn't make it slow. A Smart car with 138HP Suzuki motor swap will demolish a lot of things on the highway.

OGKushRob (12-05-2012)
Old 08-21-2012, 02:24 AM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by khundkar
You have talent, use it for actual exotics, or high end cars, like the GTR, or amg's, or corvettes.. and when you got the money, make your own kit car. The G is ill equipped for this. It is heavy, hard to tune, and costs a ton to add FI.
I don't think the exotic community would exactly smile upon the idea of a dude strapping a Ferrari up with paper mache and aluminum foil body kits...

Old 08-21-2012, 02:48 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
the only concept worth anything that actually came out of this thread was the active weight reduction thing.

and you'd need paper mache for that.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:51 AM

Good for you, but it looks like crap... and you wouldnt want to change its design because that would be posing.

when building an SLC, what am I changing? I'm building the car with the chassis and body that I'm given. Who said anything about changing up the SLC design and adding paper mache to the SLC kit to become a poser?

trollolollolol

And the SLC looks like crap? It looks like a damn street legal LMP1 car.

So you're saying this

is better looking than this

Name:  OrangeSLC11.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  50.2 KB

Last edited by TORETTO; 08-21-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius

Just to be safe and clear things up since this a pretty old picture of my car, I DID NOT DO THIS TO MY CAR, or even do this photoshop.

SDGenius (08-21-2012)
Old 08-21-2012, 02:58 AM
yeah i recognize that picture

you have the teal g35 now right.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:59 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ME GUSTA
yeah i recognize that picture

you have the teal g35 now right.
Yep!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Making the G35 into an exotic