G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 clutch situation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 clutch situation

hey guys whatsup so i got myself a 06 6mt coupe a little ways back and its the first stick ive had let me just say it is glorious but my clutch still seems to hold me back i drive others peoples cars and im a pro then go back to mine and im sub par ive had it for about 4 months now and ive seem to hit a wall of some sorts anyone else have problems with their clutches and any solutions or should i just get a new one maybe all tips greatly appreciated

Old 09-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Search is your friend.
There are a lot of topics covering clutch issues.

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...al-remedy.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...ent-point.html

Cheers

Old 09-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Coderedd
hey guys whatsup so i got myself a 06 6mt coupe a little ways back and its the first stick ive had let me just say it is glorious but my clutch still seems to hold me back i drive others peoples cars and im a pro then go back to mine and im sub par ive had it for about 4 months now and ive seem to hit a wall of some sorts anyone else have problems with their clutches and any solutions or should i just get a new one maybe all tips greatly appreciated
Your not the only one. Here is the solution: rjmperformance.com

The following users liked this post:
foamerdave (10-20-2012)
Old 09-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It would help if you specified what setup your running for your clutch, and better description of the actual issue.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Remove the clutch assist spring.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
+1 for the RJM Performance clutch pedal bracket. I haven't ordered one but I've heard a lot of good things about it. And it's pretty cheap considering how much it should affect your driving experience. Also you're not alone when it comes to having a difficult time adjusting to the G's clutch. Many people, despite how many stickshifts they've driven or how long they've owned their G/Z, still haven't mastered their clutch pedal because unlike most cars the G/Z clutch pedals engagement point is quite high. The RJM clutch bracket is adjustable so that should be a fix for that. I've remember reading about there being a potential problem with removing the clutch assist spring but I never looked into it. Ultimately I'd say either get the bracket or just try your best to adjust to the clutch, but don't be surprised if you still haven't mastered it 100% even after a few years. I've had my G for a year and a half and I'm not a noob at driving it but I'm definitely no pro lol.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:25 PM
i have the same clutch that the car came with as far as i know i bought it from the dealership they told me it was some type of performance clutch or that they all come with performance clutches but its not so much that the clutch is too firm or anything it just feels like i have to drive it perfectly at all times or everyone in the car is jerking that remedy looks pretty awesome anyone try it out and have good things to say about it? and if its easy enough for a person who dosent know a whole lot about cars to install it

Old 09-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
i have the same clutch that the car came with as far as i know i bought it from the dealership they told me it was some type of performance clutch or that they all come with performance clutches but its not so much that the clutch is too firm or anything it just feels like i have to drive it perfectly at all times or everyone in the car is jerking that remedy looks pretty awesome anyone try it out and have good things to say about it? and if its easy enough for a person who dosent know a whole lot about cars to install it
You should really give the RJM Performance Bracket a looksie. I am allocating funds for mine right now. I am not mechanically inclined, so I won't be doing the work on my own. Luckily, Z1 Motorsports is probably about a half hour away from me, and I already got an incredibly reasonable quote for them to do the install.

http://www.rjmperformance.com/

Check it out- a lot of really positive feedback. This is going to be my solution. Make it yours. I did the clutch modifications someone else listed earlier. They did help, but it didn't completely resolve our shared issue.

I can't wait to make my drive to Z1 to get that magic bracket installed.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh- I've had my car for more than one year, and I still get frustrated by the drive sometimes. It isn't just you.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Well I also vote for the RJM bracket, but removing the clutch assist spring until that is the 2nd best thing. It will allow you to feel when the clutch is engaging so you can get a smooth engagement.

It takes 30 minutes to do, 15 if you're fast about it. It's free, you just need a wrench and a couple sockets.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:04 PM
yea i really think im gonna have to invest in that bracket considering how awesome if would be if all the comments about it are true and the price isnt all that bad but i usually get too frustrated trying to install stuff like that on my car so i would probably go with an install as well how much did z1 quote you they are fairly close to me as well

Old 09-03-2012, 02:31 PM
yea i really think im gonna have to invest in that bracket considering how awesome if would be if all the comments about it are true and the price isnt all that bad but i usually get too frustrated trying to install stuff like that on my car so i would probably go with an install as well how much did z1 quote you they are fairly close to me as well
Punctuation is a wonderful tool, my friend.

The price is incredible. I sincerely doubt that this product does anything less than it claims. There is a thread around here that contains testimonials for the product, and I believe what every driver is saying. You should contact the Z1 team directly for a quote:

2877 Carrollton - Villa Rica Hwy
Carrollton, GA 30116
info@z1motorsports.com

Old 09-03-2012, 02:43 PM
yeah i know just get a lil lazy sometimes. But yes i was very impressed with the price as well. So much so that i just bought mine! Hoping it gets here soon, cant wait to install it and add to all the great comments on the forum about it. Ill keep you guys updated on how it all comes out, might try and do it myself to save myself the extra money.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:55 PM
yeah i know just get a lil lazy sometimes. But yes i was very impressed with the price as well. So much so that i just bought mine! Hoping it gets here soon, cant wait to install it and add to all the great comments on the forum about it. Ill keep you guys updated on how it all comes out, might try and do it myself to save myself the extra money.
That is amazing! I just had a summer vacation that went pretty far over budget, but I wish I can't wait til I get mine installed.

Let us know how it works out. I believe this product is the truth, even though I haven't purchased and installed it yet.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
if your engagement is high like mine was, where the last 40% or so of travel was useless, I did a cheapo clutch travel mod that pretty much eliminated that excess travel by taping some spacers you could say to the stop that the clutch pedal hits.

the car felt way better after it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 clutch situation