G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

looking to purchase, need some advice.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2005 | 04:16 PM
rs2183, what type of business do you own?

Old 01-25-2005 | 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
First off I'll start you off with this...A car is "NOT" an investment...
MOST cars are not an investement. they begin depreaciation as soon as you drive it off the lot. there are a select few that appreciate because of limited production. eg. bentley continential gt

Last edited by MrBillMartin; 01-25-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2005 | 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by SilverII
I got mine in Nov when I turned 23. I am making payments of $530/mo for car + $100/mo for insurance. It is a HUGE chunk out of the paycheck!!
seems like alot of money, how long is your lease?

Old 01-25-2005 | 04:51 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
if you don't make much money, don't buy it. many people get the car because they qualify, but then end up getting rid of it because they hardly have anything left in their pockets each month.

Old 01-25-2005 | 08:00 PM
Currently own 2 rent-to-own businesses and are major competitors with rent-a-center in our area (family business). However, moving out of this and closing up one location this april. Moving into importing electronic and general merchandise for wholesale/distribution here in the US. Matter of fact, first shipment coming within two weeks, excited to get started.

rs

Originally Posted by CLS2G35
rs2183, what type of business do you own?

Old 01-25-2005 | 08:12 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by Viral
That was exactly the point I was making. My wife makes close to what I make, so our household is around $150k/yr, and since we bought her car outright, we'll only have one car payment. Even so, a $35,000 car is a frightening proposition.

ChazM - at $33k, you must bring home less than $2000/month. A $560 car payment and $160 insurance payment = $720/month for your car alone, not including gas! So that means almost half of your income goes to your car? Wow... either you must live in a VERY low cost area (to afford rent/mortgage) or still live at home or with someone who takes care of the rent. If that's your situation, then so be it, but most people simply can't (and in my opinion, shouldn't) spend half of their income on a car, no matter how nice it is.

--Viral
I bring home about exactly $2000month. Car payment right now (actually I made my last payment last month) is $560, insurance $166, rent $400 (including everything), 2 credit cards with a total of $2000 balance combined, cell phone at $75/month....so my monthly payments are $1400/month, leaves me $600/month or $150/week...believe me its no picnic.

My car payments should go down $100 or so and i turn 25 in 2 days so my insurance should go down a little and one of my credit cards is almost paid off. I would love to save some money, its just not going to happen now; just hoping i can find a good paying job.

Old 01-25-2005 | 08:47 PM
Hi. My name's Todd and I'm a mod-a-holic... Oops, sorry wrong thread...

How much money you make isn't the issue. It's how well you budget your income. The wife and I do well enough, but we still had to consider if we wanted to have 2 large car payments. Sure we could afford it, but the real question was "is this the smart thing for us to do right now"? Somehow I managed to get her to think that the answer was yes and I haven't brought the subject up since.

Old 01-26-2005 | 09:51 AM
Trust me your insurance doesn't drop that much when you turn 25. Now when you get married thats a different story.

rs2183.. what type of electronics are you importing?

Old 01-26-2005 | 11:40 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by neffster
Hi. My name's Todd and I'm a mod-a-holic... Oops, sorry wrong thread...

How much money you make isn't the issue. It's how well you budget your income. The wife and I do well enough, but we still had to consider if we wanted to have 2 large car payments. Sure we could afford it, but the real question was "is this the smart thing for us to do right now"? Somehow I managed to get her to think that the answer was yes and I haven't brought the subject up since.
I completely agree. Its all about leaving beyond your meens. I know plenty of people whom make 60-100k a year and cannot afford to keep food in their fridge!

I am 21, still in school, but have a pretty good paying job right now. Thank god I am in the same field I wish to be after I graduate (Investment Banking).

Right now I'm an ast. manager at one of our branches making $33K. I will soon be liscenced in life, health, and accident so I will have a commision back-up aswell.

I still live with my parents, so the financial situation is pretty good for me. My current car is payed off, and I will be using that as a down payment for a used G35 (I was offered 14k from one dealer).

So $28K - $14K - $2K down payment = $12K balance.

$12K x 5% for 60 months gives me a car payment of $226.45.

I had the same payments on my Formula and payed it off w/in 26months. I would like to have this one also payed off w/in the same time frame. I would like to have a zero debt ratio when I go to purchase a condo.

Just remember, DO NOT go "Car Broke". Where every penny of your money goes to payments. You still need to have a good time in life and save for any future "speed bumps" you come across along the way!

Sorry for the long post. Good luck!

Old 01-26-2005 | 11:52 AM
OEM digital camorders, cameras, usb flash drives, etc. and general merchandise -> batteries, etc.

Trust me your insurance doesn't drop that much when you turn 25. Now when you get married thats a different story.

rs2183.. what type of electronics are you importing?

Old 01-26-2005 | 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
I completely agree. Its all about leaving beyond your meens. I know plenty of people whom make 60-100k a year and cannot afford to keep food in their fridge!

I am 21, still in school, but have a pretty good paying job right now. Thank god I am in the same field I wish to be after I graduate (Investment Banking).

Right now I'm an ast. manager at one of our branches making $33K. I will soon be liscenced in life, health, and accident so I will have a commision back-up aswell.

I still live with my parents, so the financial situation is pretty good for me. My current car is payed off, and I will be using that as a down payment for a used G35 (I was offered 14k from one dealer).

So $28K - $14K - $2K down payment = $12K balance.

$12K x 5% for 60 months gives me a car payment of $226.45.

I had the same payments on my Formula and payed it off w/in 26months. I would like to have this one also payed off w/in the same time frame. I would like to have a zero debt ratio when I go to purchase a condo.

Just remember, DO NOT go "Car Broke". Where every penny of your money goes to payments. You still need to have a good time in life and save for any future "speed bumps" you come across along the way!

Sorry for the long post. Good luck!
I'm taking my Life and Health exam tomorrow. Need it to become a licensed paraplanner. I already have my series 7 and 66. So you're an asst. manager at a bank? Which bank if you don't mind me asking?

Old 01-26-2005 | 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by rs2183
OEM digital camorders, cameras, usb flash drives, etc. and general merchandise -> batteries, etc.
Thats cool, who is the oem manufacturer?

Old 01-26-2005 | 02:15 PM
I'm taking my Life and Health exam tomorrow. Need it to become a licensed paraplanner. I already have my series 7 and 66. So you're an asst. manager at a bank? Which bank if you don't mind me asking?
Good Luck on your test! Wish you the best.

I work for Lincoln Park Savings in Illinois.

I need the liscence to be able to sell alternate investment products (mainly annuity products)

Let me know how the exam goes!

Old 01-26-2005 | 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Good Luck on your test! Wish you the best.

I work for Lincoln Park Savings in Illinois.

I need the liscence to be able to sell alternate investment products (mainly annuity products)

Let me know how the exam goes!
Thanks man I need it. I'm gonna give myself a year and try to take the CFP (certified financial planner) exam. So I guess you're a product pusher. So who are you going to work for when you finish school? Since consumer banking is different from investment banking.

Old 01-26-2005 | 03:28 PM
Thanks man I need it. I'm gonna give myself a year and try to take the CFP (certified financial planner) exam. So I guess you're a product pusher. So who are you going to work for when you finish school? Since consumer banking is different from investment banking.
Not really sure yet. I've met a lot of people in the industry, and hopefully when time comes, they will all be around to possibly offer me something.

I still have 1.5 years to go, so I'm not rushing it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: looking to purchase, need some advice.