G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Signature front splitter by Ionic Dynamics, teaser pics!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2012 | 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by TougeMonsterG35
Wow sign me the hell up for that diffuser .... Looks really sweet.... Eta on that??
Me too! Would it be able to fit aftermarket exhaust systems?

Old 10-05-2012 | 09:43 PM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
Profile shots.

I was able to snap a couple of these early this morning, I didn't have my camera with me so please excuse the iphone pics. It line up nicely with the rest of the kit.

Thanks!

Old 10-05-2012 | 09:46 PM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by TougeMonsterG35
Wow sign me the hell up for that diffuser .... Looks really sweet.... Eta on that??
No ETA as of yet, we are pretty much redoing the whole design from the ground up as well. We are going to give it more clearance between the exhaust and diffuser.

Originally Posted by mycoolg
Me too! Would it be able to fit aftermarket exhaust systems?
I'm sure that you can trim off whatever is needed in order for it to fit, I've seen this done with many other types of cars.

Last edited by Ionic; 10-16-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old 10-05-2012 | 09:47 PM
i can see it looking better maybe on the sports bumper. but like someone else said i think the non sports bumper is fugly then u throw a lip on and its all g

Old 10-05-2012 | 09:51 PM
are those Pilot Super Sports i spy?

Old 10-05-2012 | 09:53 PM
That front lip is money, i wants one for my sedan.......

The following users liked this post:
Ionic (10-16-2012)
Old 10-15-2012 | 07:23 PM
I suggest u guys make a version for the Sedans's oem chin spoiler and maybe some side splitters as well.

Ionic (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012 | 01:07 AM
Having had FG on the front of a couple lowered vehicles I can say it's not the best choice regardless of air flow logistics, you're likely to find it cracked in no time unless you only drive perfectly flat/smooth roads (and if you do I'm sure most of us envy having those roads to drive on). That said the lip does have a nice look to it when combined with the OEM non sport bumper and I would be interested in a poly version if it were made available. Let's be honest here and admit that most that would be adding this splitter would not be doing so for the questionable performance benefit, the majority would simply be for 'looks'.

Jason

Old 10-16-2012 | 01:49 AM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by DGP-G35
Having had FG on the front of a couple lowered vehicles I can say it's not the best choice regardless of air flow logistics, you're likely to find it cracked in no time unless you only drive perfectly flat/smooth roads (and if you do I'm sure most of us envy having those roads to drive on). That said the lip does have a nice look to it when combined with the OEM non sport bumper and I would be interested in a poly version if it were made available. Let's be honest here and admit that most that would be adding this splitter would not be doing so for the questionable performance benefit, the majority would simply be for 'looks'.
Jason
Thanks for the positive feedback of the look of the lip.

The demand is just not there to justify the cost to have specialized molds made for Reaction Injection Molding (RIM). The design would have to change and would just be a thin and flimsy lip. And this is not what our intentions were with this project.

Lastly it's not fair to assume that this product will be "cracked in no time", we have designed this to be strong and very rigid, this isn't your regular 2 layer piece of fiberglass. Of course this product isn't for everyone, people who are slammed and have horrible roads should avoid any type of lip.

So I'm sorry but we have no plans in offering this in polyurethane.

Thanks!

SDGenius (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012 | 01:49 AM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by SDGenius
are those Pilot Super Sports i spy?
Yeap Good eye!!

Old 10-16-2012 | 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by Ionic
Thanks for the positive feedback of the look of the lip.

The demand is just not there to justify the cost to have specialized molds made for Reaction Injection Molding (RIM). The design would have to change and would just be a thin and flimsy lip. And this is not what our intentions were with this project.

Lastly it's not fair to assume that this product will be "cracked in no time", we have designed this to be strong and very rigid, this isn't your regular 2 layer piece of fiberglass. Of course this product isn't for everyone, people who are slammed and have horrible roads should avoid any type of lip.

So I'm sorry but we have no plans in offering this in polyurethane.

Thanks!
I totally understand your reasoning but have learned a costly lesson (twice) so now I avoid FG on the front of any lowered vehicle at all costs. One of the fronts was claimed to be a very sturdy FG as well, still cracked by the third or fourth slanted driveway I drove onto (of course did it properly at an angle but made no difference ).

Best of luck with the product,
Jason

Old 10-18-2012 | 10:21 PM
can ionic make an addon we can install on the stock sides to make it look a bit more aggressive? i wanna put my oem sides back on but it wont match my front lip. that would be great.

Old 10-18-2012 | 10:34 PM
Seen this front splitter in person it def looks good.

Ionic you parked behind my car at otay ranch mall today. I drive the matte red sedan.

Ionic (10-18-2012)
Old 10-18-2012 | 10:50 PM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by saywat?
can ionic make an addon we can install on the stock sides to make it look a bit more aggressive? i wanna put my oem sides back on but it wont match my front lip. that would be great.
Hmm could you please rephrase your question?

Originally Posted by gtrefever
Seen this front splitter in person it def looks good.
Ionic you parked behind my car at otay ranch mall today. I drive the matte red sedan.
I wondered if you were on the forum, I loved the matte red on your sedan, plus damn you are really low, night and day difference between your sedan and the stock black one parked next to you.

Glad that you liked it, thanks for posting!!

Old 10-18-2012 | 11:21 PM
Same style like the new front splitter but for the sides

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Signature front splitter by Ionic Dynamics, teaser pics!!