G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

beat an srt-4 (down with fwd)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
beat an srt-4 (down with fwd)

I ran an srt4 and beat it (i was VERY suprised) the other night. I had 2 friends in the car with me two (maybe 240 extra pounds since one was a girl and the other a small dood. This guy had no one in his car. I jsut wanted to race one to see how badly HE beat ME. In first gear we both kinda took off fast but not squeeling or anything. We both punched it and he lost a little traction and so i stayed ALMOST even in first. When we both chirped into 2nd i could definatly see the difference between fwd and rwd BIG TIME. I instantly made up my lost hood length and pulled in second about a half length ahead. When i chirped into 3rd i put another half a length on him so that my trunk was about even with his front wheels. We shut it down after getting into 3rd gear. Very close race but the G was victorious.

BTW.... i know that his srt4 in the right driver's hands beats my G.... not saying im a good driver... i just out drove this guy on this one particular occasion.... just wanted to clarify before i get flamed saying something like "nice bragging" or "no you didnt". I was very suprised myself

Old 01-20-2005, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that you've admitted that the right driver with a SRT would have spanked you..lol I'll be the first to congradulate you...Nice win, must feel good to know that you beat someone because you out drove him...I think thats better then winning based on power numbers only...Gluck and be safe, especially with other people in your car...

Old 01-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
Now that you've admitted that the right driver with a SRT would have spanked you..lol I'll be the first to congradulate you...Nice win, must feel good to know that you beat someone because you out drove him...I think thats better then winning based on power numbers only...Gluck and be safe, especially with other people in your car...
have that NEON follow you into the twisties and the situation will completely change!

Old 01-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Who honestly cares? The srt4 is one fugly POS. Bet it can't chirp tires shifting from 3rd to 4th right roadracer?

Old 01-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Guys we all know its an ugly car, thats why we own G35's not Dodge Neon SRT-4's...haha i laugh just thinking about those cars...But they are fast..lol

Old 01-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I understand everything you say except when you say, "When we both chirped into 2nd i could definatly see the difference between fwd and rwd BIG TIME". What made you see the difference?

Old 01-20-2005, 12:52 AM
What about an Auto G35 coupe. I really don't like SRT-4 and EVO, but i like STI alot. I always think SRT-4 and EVO driver those punk kids use their college fund to lease the car and think they have the fastest car in street. Haha, just my 2cent.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Raznips
I ran an srt4 and beat it (i was VERY suprised) the other night. I had 2 friends in the car with me two (maybe 240 extra pounds since one was a girl and the other a small dood. This guy had no one in his car. I jsut wanted to race one to see how badly HE beat ME. In first gear we both kinda took off fast but not squeeling or anything. We both punched it and he lost a little traction and so i stayed ALMOST even in first. When we both chirped into 2nd i could definatly see the difference between fwd and rwd BIG TIME. I instantly made up my lost hood length and pulled in second about a half length ahead. When i chirped into 3rd i put another half a length on him so that my trunk was about even with his front wheels. We shut it down after getting into 3rd gear. Very close race but the G was victorious.

BTW.... i know that his srt4 in the right driver's hands beats my G.... not saying im a good driver... i just out drove this guy on this one particular occasion.... just wanted to clarify before i get flamed saying something like "nice bragging" or "no you didnt". I was very suprised myself
Gongrats! nice kill.

Old 01-20-2005, 05:28 AM
i've killed one b4 too

Old 01-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice job.
That guy must have been pisssed! Just think, it was his moment to shine, he lost, and then he had to put up with the very choppy ride home in his very plastic interior.

(sorry, sat in one at a show, and just couldnt see how somebody would be happy with the interior)

Old 01-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by G35Tuning

so SRTs (stock) really stand a chance against a G-coupe? I would've thought for sure that an N/A RWD V6 with 280 hp would walk on a 240+ hp Turbo FWD

Last edited by evolved_4g63; 01-20-2005 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by evolved_4g63
so SRTs (stock) really stand a chance against a G-coupe? I would've thought for sure that an N/A RWD V6 with 280 hp would walk on a 240+ hp
Turbo FWD
Not always. You forgot the Turbo factor, but mostly the weight factor.
Remember the Lotus Elise w/ only 190 hp that does sub 5 0-60 time, but only weighs around 2k lbs.

My modded Civic can take a stock SRT, so what? It all depends what you put in it.

And, the new SRT w/ limited slip will keep up w/ us in the twisties, if not SRT'll have better times. Stage II and III turbo set up are cheap and put out a lot on the SRT. Turbo and lighter weight is a nice combo. It would be a nice car to have if I were 16, 17, or 18 years old.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by NextGenG35
Not always. You forgot the Turbo factor, but mostly the weight factor.
Remember the Lotus Elise w/ only 190 hp that does sub 5 0-60 time, but only weighs around 2k lbs.

My modded Civic can take a stock SRT, so what? It all depends what you put in it.

And, the new SRT w/ limited slip will keep up w/ us in the twisties, if not SRT'll have better times. Stage II and III turbo set up are cheap and put out a lot on the SRT. Turbo and lighter weight is a nice combo. It would be a nice car to have if I were 16, 17, or 18 years old.
yeah...i guess i always place N/A power over turbo power... i would expect an N/A 280 hp car to be quicker than a turbo 280hp car...i dunno why...i guess i always think of NAs being more linear and therefore more consistent with power. I guess it stands to reason that a turbo blows you through the revs faster though.

i do appreciate that Dodge is SRT-mod friendly, offering a lot of warranty-able options (and some not) to drag a lot of power out of the car.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by NextGenG35

And, the new SRT w/ limited slip will keep up w/ us in the twisties, if not SRT'll have better times.
I am not so sure, I would imagine that the SRT would have horrendous understeer in the twisties, def. not a great attribute.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Cmon Son!
As I read through this thread, I definitely felt the hatred towards the car. Driving around in a RSX S used to be fun challenging or taking chalenges on the road, but now, the only challenges I get are from evos and STI's which I know better. At this point, I only kick up revs just to wow how fast they blow past me. (All I had was intake exhaust).

Back to the point, the SRT is a super fast car. I used to try to stay in the mindset that blah..its just a neon, which to a large point it is, but under the hood is a different beast.

This car does command a certain level of respect. Those of us who want refinement and very good power go for the G. Those who want a power blast, a modable kit car, and dont care about the finer things choose these turbo monsters.

one thing that blew me away though was that the SRT did not have cruise control.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: beat an srt-4 (down with fwd)