G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

13.0 Miles per gallon after Z-tube/pop Charger install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish i could tell how much im getting per gallon......all i know is that i don't want to wait until the light comes on......and sometimes i can't FULLY fill up the gas tank......so its hard to guess....any suggestions?? and obviously i have no navi -.-

Old 01-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by g35sammy
i wish i could tell how much im getting per gallon......all i know is that i don't want to wait until the light comes on......and sometimes i can't FULLY fill up the gas tank......so its hard to guess....any suggestions?? and obviously i have no navi -.-
Carputer with OBDII connection

Old 01-20-2005, 07:25 PM
and that is? do you have a link for me? thanks dwoloz~

Old 01-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by g35sammy
Here Sammy, this is a real good link, you just plug in you data , it is easy but you should fill up the tank. Enjoy

http://www.csgnetwork.com/gasmileage.html

From this link you can go to many others. I just use the metric version not the US version like I gave you.
Wayne

Old 01-20-2005, 09:01 PM
If we bring our car to maintain, is it okay to have the z tube and the K&N filter in it?

Old 01-20-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm planning to get rid of K&N Air Filter because I didn't feel right about K&N air filter products. After researching on Air Filters, I realized that K&N filter does not filter out the amount of dust going into the engine. I'm gonna put the stock air filter back into the engine and stay on the safe side. Someone has posted about the air filters and and proved that K&N doesn't prevent small or large amount of air dust. Other than that, gas mileage should have no effect on decrease or increase. It depends how you drive. Drive hard or drive slow... either way effects on gas mileage

Old 01-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by WolfsterX
I'm planning to get rid of K&N Air Filter because I didn't feel right about K&N air filter products. After researching on Air Filters, I realized that K&N filter does not filter out the amount of dust going into the engine. I'm gonna put the stock air filter back into the engine and stay on the safe side. Someone has posted about the air filters and and proved that K&N doesn't prevent small or large amount of air dust. Other than that, gas mileage should have no effect on decrease or increase. It depends how you drive. Drive hard or drive slow... either way effects on gas mileage
Wolfster- I have read a few of those articles over the years and you are correct, it does make you wonder. I have used the K&N filter in a couple of other cars but I am still sitting on the fence as to whether I will install one in this car. I still have a K&N Recharge kit on my shelf. I know that alot of the guys on .org had their MAF sensors screw up because of excess oil from their K&N filters also(I do think some of that was from using excess oil when recharging the filter). For now I am going to stay with the stock filter.
Wayne

Old 01-21-2005, 09:00 AM
nice ~ thanks Gee~~

Old 01-21-2005, 09:29 AM
It's your car......

This is a response I posted concerning K&N products on another thread:

DISCLAIMER----------

This reply is not meant to start a flame war. Do you own research and reading. It's your car and you make your own decision.

I have been involved in the motorsports industry for over 15 years. My partners and I own a very successful company that builds engines for Sprint Cars, Big Block Modifies, and Late Model Dirt Cars. If you have ever been to a main event at a sprint car race you know that I know a few things about engines, horsepower and dirt. Our company has NEVER suggested or recommended K&N filters to our customers.

The K&N marketing machine is very impressive, they spend millions on advertising a product that does not deliver what they claim. We have NEVER ran a dyno test that showed a K&N product creating more power in any application. Further more we have seen the use of a K&N product not properly filtering dirt many times.

Here is two links for information. Take the time to read the research and make your own decision.

Test

More Info

Last edited by Wingsprint; 01-21-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:42 AM
People with pop charger.... I got this oil replacement thingy with the package.. I guess you use that when you clean the filter right? now.. Do we need to put that oil too when you install the pop charger initially? I didn't maybe I was wrong...

also i'm getting 14.8 MPG now... hopefully it will go back up...

ggeee... I thought K&N are the best in the market..

Old 01-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by kingter22
ggeee... I thought K&N are the best in the market..
K&N is the best MARKETED air filter, but they are NOT THE BEST FILTER.

All of us business owners should aspire to have brand loyalty and as powerful of a marketing program as K&N. But of course Snake Oil was a good seller at one time

Old 01-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Wingsprint
K&N is the best MARKETED air filter, but they are NOT THE BEST FILTER.

All of us business owners should aspire to have brand loyalty and as powerful of a marketing program as K&N. But of course Snake Oil was a good seller at one time

True... True... Considering I'm working for a marketing company I should know this by now!!! <--Tufed!