G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G Club in So Cal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, we'll probably just meet up once in awhile or help each other out with intsalls.. etc etc. nothing much...but we can have a cool avitar thing like NY G squad does.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:26 AM
DJM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds cool. Count me in.

DJM - Rancho Cucamonga, 210 and the 15 frwy's

Old 01-21-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by nuttyprof
yeah, we'll probably just meet up once in awhile or help each other out with intsalls.. etc etc. nothing much...but we can have a cool avitar thing like NY G squad does.
Hell yes! That avatar is the single most reason we should make this club

Old 01-21-2005, 01:55 AM
yes. so when we post stuff, other people can see it and be like, "wow, i wish i had one of those too"

Old 01-21-2005, 02:44 AM
**** LA it's all about the OC! hahaha...

Frizzlefry / Robin / Costa Mesa/Newport

Old 01-21-2005, 02:44 AM
o gosh...what are you guys gonna do...drive around in a big cult with ur gs? just go setup a myspace and join a g35 group.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:14 AM
i wanna join san marino!!

Old 01-21-2005, 03:41 AM
sounds like fun

timElinE / Tim Lin / Arcadia

Old 01-21-2005, 03:56 AM
Thousand oaks and Santa MOnica

i can gather about 3 coupes (me +2) and 2 sedans from work ..

if any1 reading this is from Verizon from thousand oaks chime in!!

Old 01-21-2005, 04:10 AM
ill join up. <-- irvine!

Old 01-21-2005, 04:59 AM
I'd Join too, The Bank, BurBank that is.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:01 AM
Hey guys, I'm going to chime in here with the sole intention of helping out. I would recommend that if you "don't like paying for friends" that you NEVER AGAIN use the word club or meet to define your "random, unplanned acts of coincidentially being at the same place at the same time" ever again.

Initially the Florida G35 Club was going to be a foot loose and fancy FREE club, but after some investigation we quickly realized that this is a BAD CHOICE!

Your first and foremost concern is Liability. If anyone in your club owns anything you can be sued. Let's say you're at a meet and something bad happens to someone at the meet. They can legally sue each individual member of your "club" even if they have no real legal basis for a case. It will be up to you to represent yourself in court or to hire a lawyer.

Let's say something worse happens and a club member causes an accident resulting in injury to an innocent passer by. This person sees 30 G35's together and finds out about your club. They sue the "club" leader which is traced back to the person who started this thread.

So to get cheap club liability insurance to protect yourselves you need an official club name. In order to get that you have to file with the IRS as a "business" or "corporation". Now for tax purposes you'll probably want to have a not for profit car club so you'll end up paying $400-$500 for the filing fees (ooh, now you're talking money ). Then you'll have to pay the gover-nator the state business license and tax i.d. fees (more money) and from there you can open a free bank account and pay for your liability insurance for the club. In all you're probably only out $1500 the first year and maybe another $500-$1000 each subsequent year but this "club" will cost you if you want to legally protect yourself.

Worst case, someone in your club accidentally kills someone in a club group drive. Everyone stops because of the bad accident to try to help. The police show up, find out about the SoCal G35 club and put that into the police report. I can guarantee you that each and every person a lawyer can find will be getting sued for money just as an intimidation tactic. The clubs liability policy for $1M will cover the legal expensed for any lawsuits involving club members and officers.

So... "paying for friends" might actually be "paying to protect your a$$".

Your mileage may vary... Good luck with what you're doing. If the FGC can be of any help we'd be glad to give you some advice offline.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks for your help Neffster! Damn litigeous society is making it hard for a bunch of like minded people to get together without worrying about getting into trouble! I wonder if the Klan has liability insurance. Jokes, just jokes.

Especially in California, there are so many lawyers just itching to sue anything and anyone. Well....seemed like a great idea at the time.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by jerrydough
...Well....seemed like a great idea at the time.
It still is a great idea, you just need 2 or 3 people to put something together. From there contact a few potential sponsors, hold a raffle and sell a few raffle tickets. In 28 days the FGC has 7 major sponsors, a new car purchase program and 44 members who've all paid a $25 membership fee. We've even sold close to $500 in raffle tickets for over $2800 in donated prizes.

Once you're a not for profit club (especially a club full of $40K cars) sponsors don't mind donating a free clear bra, free window tinting, etc... Most of their fee is in the form of installation time and that really doesn't cost them much.

Don't give up, just get involved! The best thing that happened to FGC (besides the sponsors and people) was the free legal help from one of our members.

Good Luck!

Old 01-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by nuttyprof
yeah there are. we should form it...

so far, theres only team transport, but they charge money $$$. i dont show and i dont pay for friends either...so...
What's the purpose of forming yet another G club? Just go to the local meets!
Team Transport charges $$ to join? LAME LOL!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G Club in So Cal?