G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Are We Targets?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my car for a year looking stock, and didnt really get bothered. Once i put on my wheels and an exhaust, driving around becomes kinda annoying. I get tailgated in freeways like everyday.. i change lanes.. what do u know, they do too and still tailgate.

Old 01-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by jaay11
If you are driving slow....I am not going to drive slow to get behind you.....I'm going to pass you and get in front of you....ITS THAT SIMPLE!
ABSOLUTELY!!!

Old 01-21-2005, 06:44 PM
They come like bugs drawn to a light in the night! I never had this happen in any other car I've owned.

htb

Old 01-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
I don't think it's so much the G35 as it is the attitude of drivers on the road. There seems to be an awful lot of bravado and anger on the roads these days. Especially here in the Bay Area. For some reason, passing someone or getting in front of them seems to set people off. I just try and ignore them and if that doesn't work I put on my pr!ck suit.

Old 01-21-2005, 10:55 PM
people will hate. I know all you G owners get hated on. and I feel you. since the first 4 minutes I drove my G Ive been gettin looks of good and bad. the hate has tenfolded since I got my Volk rims. I think the fat lip is killin em.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Devil's Advocate
Originally Posted by neffster
Best advice is to quickly pull up next to these people, look at them, smile and shake your head sarcastically from side to side, and then slow down and let them go. They'll usually smile back and realize that you're smarter than they gave you credit for being.

Either that or smoke them to 4th gear / redline and hope you don't kill someone.
Agreed, I've used both of these techniques and have found them to be equally effective.

Last edited by roneski; 01-21-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:21 PM
I haven't get any challenge except a SUV that i didn't know he was flooring the gas. I do get alot of attention from the skyline emblem.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should be happy, I had a 2000 celica GTS and everybody wanted to race me, like i was a target. 1 1/2 years later I got a '01 Acura CL-s and nobody wanted to race, I even had my car lowered with rims....it was kinda depressing. I can't wait till I get my G
Originally Posted by jayco
Can anyone confirm if this method actually works? I don't care about the long term effects of my car since it is a lease, so I am willing to try it.

Old 01-22-2005, 06:06 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I usually let them smoke me senseless, and then roll down the window and clap for them at the next stop light. Bravo bravo, you just smoked a G35, here is your popcorn pebble.

Old 01-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by ChazM
You should be happy, I had a 2000 celica GTS and everybody wanted to race me, like i was a target. 1 1/2 years later I got a '01 Acura CL-s and nobody wanted to race, I even had my car lowered with rims....it was kinda depressing. I can't wait till I get my G

Can anyone confirm if this method actually works? I don't care about the long term effects of my car since it is a lease, so I am willing to try it.
I tried to start a post about this a couple of weeks ago. I only got a couple of responses. The only way to truly know (I think) is to break down the engine. Other than that, I was curious to know what type of oil loss, contamination (from oil testing), etc. inidividuals had experienced that used this method. The only guy that posted that had "evidence" of this sort used the run it hard method and claims to be very happy with his performance.

Here is the thread https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...751#post398751

Old 01-22-2005, 10:04 AM
I would use the method in the FAQ just because these motors do experience oil problems sometimes. Take it easy and stay under 4K for the first 1000 miles, for the next 500 miles use a little bit more power and be a little bit more agressive and for the last 500 period run it hard! Harder then you have or ever will. Change the oil and you're good to go! To be honest I did the run it hard from the start thing on one of my mustangs and I felt like my car got tired after 5K miles but it just could've been in my head since it's very easy to get adjusted to power even though I added alot of performance parts to it.

Old 01-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think i am going to try it.....sh*t, its under warranty and it will go back to the dealer in 3 years anyways, they can deal with the longevity of the engine, if it turns out bad....it may turn out good though.

Old 01-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think G's are targets sometimes to street race. But I ignor it. I don't care if they
want to show me that their GrandPrix or mini van or a SUV or the like can accelerate
slower.

Old 01-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Well I am in my mid 40's... I have only had a problem once in the few months i owed the car.

I was stopped waiting to turn right onto a 1/2 mile long road, a civic (all riced out) went though, then I turned and since I had open road I let the G do it's thing. (I never race, but sometimes like open it up and go)

When I got to the light (left lane) the civic was in the right, and I guess had seen me coming up behind (I was never even close to him).

He looked like the usual hard *** type, 25/tats all over, etc. And he starts gesturing to me.
Then he rolls down his window, and says something, so I roll down my passanger window. The chump says something about messing up me and my car.

Luckily I am older and wiser.....
I simply simled and informed him that threating a Fedral Agent is an automatic 5 year bit, so I was going to assume this had been a mistake.

if you can't guess, his response was "Oh sorry man, i was only playing" his window went up, the light changed, and he nursed that thing a puppy with busted *****.

Old 01-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Sickone
Well I am in my mid 40's... I have only had a problem once in the few months i owed the car.

I was stopped waiting to turn right onto a 1/2 mile long road, a civic (all riced out) went though, then I turned and since I had open road I let the G do it's thing. (I never race, but sometimes like open it up and go)

When I got to the light (left lane) the civic was in the right, and I guess had seen me coming up behind (I was never even close to him).

He looked like the usual hard *** type, 25/tats all over, etc. And he starts gesturing to me.
Then he rolls down his window, and says something, so I roll down my passanger window. The chump says something about messing up me and my car.

Luckily I am older and wiser.....
I simply simled and informed him that threating a Fedral Agent is an automatic 5 year bit, so I was going to assume this had been a mistake.

if you can't guess, his response was "Oh sorry man, i was only playing" his window went up, the light changed, and he nursed that thing a puppy with busted *****.
Hahahaha. That's a great story.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.