G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Are We Targets?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are We Targets?!?

Is it me or do you all agree that people are ready and willing to challenge the G. I have noticed several peel offs at green lights lately and found that I have become a target of somewhat. I was at a stop light 2 days ago and realized I was in the wrong lane so I gently pulled ahead of this Volvo S40 and made a right turn. Well.....the guy in the car made a right turn as well and he did not appreciate me getting in front of him. As we hit a 1 mile straight before the next light....he got into the lane next to me and floored it. Sensing him pulling up on me....I waited til he got side by side and took off only to see in my rear mirror that he was not going to back off.

He won cuz I value my life and saw that the light was red so I backed off and let him by. My point is should Infiniti offer helmets and instructional videos warning people of what is to come....

oh...by the way....damn I love the power of this car. It is awesome! I just don't want to be chased/challenged by everyone who misinterprets my love for the car as an insult to them. If you are driving slow....I am not going to drive slow to get behind you.....I'm going to pass you and get in front of you....ITS THAT SIMPLE!

Old 01-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I completly agree. Almost everytime I get on the road, at least one person does a flyby, or peels off at a green light.

And it seems like more people than ever are riding my butt. Pretty annoying.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:34 PM
I havn't really found anyone trying to challenge me yet except for a GT Mustang on the freeway. Downshifted and pulled away on him. Oh, and some old beat up truck yesterday. He revs at the light then launches so I catch up and he's flying around the corner with me and a van pulls into my lane so I go around him and as soon as I get infront of the van and pass the truck theres a cop all the way over on the left curb who just pulled someone over *whew* Maybe it's just my area *shrug* Hell, people even give me the right away almost every time.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Had car for: 2 Weeks

Cars that have challenged me: BMW 330 and M3, Fixed up V6 Accord, Porsche Boxter, Random Trucks, and other *******s.

Number of times they were pulled over by a cop down the street: 1

Number of times I would have been pulled over with them if my car was already broken in: 1

Number of miles until I live dangerously: 784

Old 01-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Best advice is to quickly pull up next to these people, look at them, smile and shake your head sarcastically from side to side, and then slow down and let them go. They'll usually smile back and realize that you're smarter than they gave you credit for being.

Either that or smoke them to 4th gear / redline and hope you don't kill someone.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:50 PM
I just got my car a few weeks too, but for some reasons, I got challenged by pickup trucks only

Old 01-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
agreed. it's like that here in hawaii too. even when an older person is driving the coupe, a "riced" out preek has to get stoops. idiot's indeed.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:36 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
A normal phenomenon with a new, beautiful ride like our new upstart Infinitis.
Ignore 'em. They're only trying to goad you into doing something you shouldn't.

Old 01-21-2005, 04:58 PM
It happens to me as least twice a week. I don’t take the challenge. I just let them go. One time was so wired that a guy was driving next to me and took a photo of my car!!!

Old 01-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get hit up every time I get in my car it seems like (I live in Los Angeles). It's usually by a car in the Honda family. It used to bother me, but now I don't care, why waste my gas/tires/brembos.

Old 01-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Yes! I actually get more people that want to race me in the G then when I had my Mustang!

Old 01-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by jerrydough
Had car for: 2 Weeks

Cars that have challenged me: BMW 330 and M3, Fixed up V6 Accord, Porsche Boxter, Random Trucks, and other *******s.

Number of times they were pulled over by a cop down the street: 1

Number of times I would have been pulled over with them if my car was already broken in: 1

Number of miles until I live dangerously: 784
why NOT live dangerously? http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Old 01-21-2005, 05:14 PM
haha yea. its pathetic. i dont even waste my time. and im only 18.

Old 01-21-2005, 05:41 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah. Most of the cars that wanna start something tend to be civics or SUVs. COMPLETE waste of gas. I did get to play once on a lonely canyon road with a c5 vette. Guess who won (hint...not me)

Old 01-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35R1
I just got my car a few weeks too, but for some reasons, I got challenged by pickup trucks only
Dude, cuz you live in Rancho Cucamonga, that's why.....duh!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.