G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Issues whit my g35 coupe 2003

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Issues whit my g35 coupe 2003

Hi all,

this is my first post around here im not even sure if this is in good place if not im sorry mods if you could move it to proper section whitout having this thread closed would be awesome !

So I Bought This New g35 coupe 2003 really loved the car now its my second month of ownership and im starting to have a weird issue...

first off i didnt touch the car for a week because i have another car for every day drive ( just trying to give as much info as possible...)

but here it is tonight i start my car and notice i have 3 lights in my dash showing up.. : VDC OFF, service engine soon, and slip.

i remember pretty well i didn't have this on before but i didnt bother i just drove to the gaz station to fill the car up

but on my way back the car wouldnt go over 2k rpm ... as soon as i would try going over 2k it would just cut ?

i parked my car looked around and eventually saw the switch : vdc off i pressed on it quite a few times and it didnt do anything ( is my button broken? idk you tell me )

yeah that's pretty it any help would be greatly appreciated and please bear whit me im new here and i just hope this thread doesn't get locked.

thanks,

Old 11-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your VDC light stands for Vehicle Dynamic Control, but I'm assuming you may already know this. If you don't, just Google it.

When turned off, and your car skids in the rain, snow, etc., the slip light will activate on your dash board.

If you pressed the button on and off several times, and nothing happened, it leads me to believe you have a bad fuze.

As for your car not being able to go over 2k rpm's... I'm not sure.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by LukeHam
Your VDC light stands for Vehicle Dynamic Control, but I'm assuming you may already know this. If you don't, just Google it.

When turned off, and your car skids in the rain, snow, etc., the slip light will activate on your dash board.

If you pressed the button on and off several times, and nothing happened, it leads me to believe you have a bad fuze.

As for your car not being able to go over 2k rpm's... I'm not sure.
well i have vdc off light on and the slip light along whit it and my car doesnt slide a bit..

if it can help i know i have one tire that has a tiny tiny small hole letting some air out ( always gotta fill the tire whit air -.- ) could that be leading the car to think its sliding?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Pull the trouble code with an OBD-II scanner. Without doing that, it could be one of a million different things causing the problem. My first thought is that it could be a bad Cam Sensor, since that seems to be a common issue resulting in the behavior you mentioned... but definitely pull the code first and go from there before you start buying and installing random replacement parts in hopes that they fix the issue.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Best thing to do is scan the car for codes, if I recall the VDC, brake light and slip can be on due to low brake fluids.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by tle.88
Best thing to do is scan the car for codes, if I recall the VDC, brake light and slip can be on due to low brake fluids.
I was thinking the same thing at first, but he mentioned that his car is going into limp mode and cutting out at 2K RPM's... low brake fluid wouldn't do that.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by partyman66
I was thinking the same thing at first, but he mentioned that his car is going into limp mode and cutting out at 2K RPM's... low brake fluid wouldn't do that.
The low brake fluids could be for the VDC, slip light that showing up. Like you mention it could be both cam sensors and crank sensors too. OP should scan it, guessing in the dark wouldn't do much.

The following users liked this post:
Jg35skyline (11-05-2012)
Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 AM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
check your cps sensor. its common thing to go out on a older g35. Your ecu wouldn't put your engine into safe mode like that unless it detected something wrong with the engine.

I agree it would save you a lot of time if you just pulled the OBD code.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:23 PM
sorry for the late reply here finally got it fixed i checked under the hood and found that there was a fuse/sensor unpluggged i just plugged it back went for a drive and finally back on track!

now i have gaz issues it eats so much i barely drive the car any tips or anything i should know ?

Old 11-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts
so remind me again how a sensor was unplugged randomly? did you have car work done recently?

Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeahhh thats a little sketchy. Check the fuses, brake fluids and all of that, do an ecu reset. See where you go from there if still having problems

Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
G35 Coupe 6MT
Originally Posted by G35JdmFan
there was a fuse/sensor unpluggged i just plugged it back went for a drive and finally back on track
you mean the camshaft sensor?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Ur prolly not eating a bunch of gas the gas readings on these cars are always off common problem with the g.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Adil_G35
so remind me again how a sensor was unplugged randomly? did you have car work done recently?
Im not even sure how it came off but only thing i did to the car was an oil change as far as i remember maybe the guy who did it accidently unplugged it which seems honestly unusual..

Old 11-13-2012, 12:39 AM
i was having , well i have that exact same issue. all those three lights are on as well i press the vdc button and nothing happens i scanned the car i got a code for large vacum leak and as well eomither crank position censor or the cam, my car is running crazy rich as well . car was parked for wuite awhile and have yet to do a tune up maybe that will clear it up...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Issues whit my g35 coupe 2003