G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Approx damage and will this be totalled?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cake thanks for the itemized list, greatly appreciate. I was just doing some searching on ebay also. There is a tuft hair wedged into the front hood area, yea didnt even think about that no blood at all. But there is some yellow **** on the driver door, not sure if the deer pissed himself in his last seconds alive? Just waxed it also. Weird.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
yeah get some pics under the hood and people will be able to chime in on what is damaged and needs to be repaired.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
You might also want to post this in the (correct) first gen coupe section. This is the 2nd gen sedan section. You'll probably get a lot more eyes on it that are more familiar with it than those from around here.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:04 PM
As time passes by and I hear the posts and look around some more I think it is inevitable that the insurance will total this car. If it weren't for the f'kin air bags gettnng deployed this car would have a fighting chance against "the man". I have seen a car on Ebay motors that looks like its in better shape and its being sold with a salvage title. It pains me to say that this seems to be the imminent future for my saddle. Just to be listed on some seedy ebay salvage auction. I guess it all depends on my fire to see if I can go out on my own and rebuild it feasibly. Will post engine pics tomorrow...to be continued.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:07 PM
VQsmile...you are right. I saw that and got pissed off that for some reason i posted in the wrong forum. However after getting all this insight I guess i didnt care. Can i just port this thread over or do I just start a brand new one?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by TotalChump
VQsmile...you are right. I saw that and got pissed off that for some reason i posted in the wrong forum. However after getting all this insight I guess i didnt care. Can i just port this thread over or do I just start a brand new one?
I'm sure if you ask a mod (by PM) they could move it over for you. If you can't get a hold of one, you could start a new one over there I guess. I just think you'll get 10X the input there.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:23 AM
Totaled man if those air bags deploy it cost a lot just to get those done and you'll need a bumper, grill, Radiator pipes, side fender and maybe the axle.... Sorry man!

R.I.P G35 theres another loss in the family :/

Old 11-08-2012, 01:06 PM
So just spoke with insurance and gave them the big ticket items on the phone and they said they were not going to total. Now that can all change if the shop opens her up and finds some serious damage inside her I guess.
I dont want to bring to there shop to asses, I am bringing to a known infiniti shop close by. Will keep posted. I may ask him about possibly using some used parts I can acquire to $ave some money.
Cake what is the big downfall using those chaper parts on ebay such as hood and fender? Will they look screwed up or something?

Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
my 2007 had the same sort of damage. new hood new light new bumper new grille new quarter panel. they even had to pull on the frame a bit. when it was all said and done it was $5500

The following users liked this post:
TotalChump (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Austin did your front airbags deploy?

Old 11-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If you want them to total it (which I would), be extra picky at the body shop. The maneger might tell the adjuster that something else was broken to push the repair bill up.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by TotalChump
Cake what is the big downfall using those chaper parts on ebay such as hood and fender? Will they look screwed up or something?
no real problems. I was suggesting to get used parts off ebay, genuine ones for cheap which will be the best replacement.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by 07-G35-MT/S
If you want them to total it (which I would), be extra picky at the body shop. The maneger might tell the adjuster that something else was broken to push the repair bill up.
I dont even know if really want to total it. If these guys open it up and see that no real steering issues, misaligned frame etc... I think the car should drive as normal again no? I noticed that coolant was leaking pretty bad when I dropped her off. Maybe that will add to the bill some more? The manager and the assesor will look it over together and negotiate a price. I liked how this shop was indepandant but now the dude told me that he was going to be a participating shop also with them in a month. Now they will be playing on the same team maybe.

Originally Posted by .cakestar
no real problems. I was suggesting to get used parts off ebay, genuine ones for cheap which will be the best replacement.
I saw a bunch of brand new knock off body parts that say will fit the car. Saw some beat up OEM bumpers. Plenty of used airbags (steering wheel and passenger) for about $150 each. but the manager guy told me that he doesnt like using used air bags due to liability issues if an accident occurred? I saw a brand new open box headlight for $420 with shipping. Brand new that thing is over $700. Also he was telling me that you cant play that game anymore as insurance company will expect invoices from him. Is that true? I am the one getting the check directly to me. I thought that after assessor leaves and gets me my check insurance is done. Is this guy telling the truth or he is just fearing losing his markup profit? I would gladly throw him few extra bucks even if i provide the parts. Still end up saving. I am sure he will charge me like $850 for the headlight. If i get the one off ebay for 420 and give the man 100 bucks to be happy I still only soend 520 instead of 850 and he also gets his markup and did not place an order at all. Sounds reasonable to me.

Also worth noting that I think i learned quarter panel is the rear side panel and fender is the front side panel...

Last edited by TotalChump; 11-08-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Where is everyone getting the "if airbags deploy car is totaled" from? That is so incorrect. OP it sounds like you want them to say it's totaled but you're not sure lol. If it's paid for you'll get what the car was worth before the accident, but then you'll have to go car shopping and aint nuttn cheap out there. GL

Old 11-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
Where is everyone getting the "if airbags deploy car is totaled" from? That is so incorrect. OP it sounds like you want them to say it's totaled but you're not sure lol. If it's paid for you'll get what the car was worth before the accident, but then you'll have to go car shopping and aint nuttn cheap out there. GL
Where are you getting that it won't total the car?

Usually when multiple airbags deploy on a ~12k car and its coupled with other damage, yes it will total the car out. Especially when multiple body panels are damaged, needs headlights and parts under the hood, it will add up quickly.

We will see what happens when the body shop estimates come around. I say it will be very close to 50% value of the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Approx damage and will this be totalled?