G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Can your wheels get stolen if you're slammed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by VictorCgotzon
Do you guys think it's a good idea to get legit wheels parking on my driveway? Can't make up my mind. I'm just a little paranoid, but if someone were to break in my car i would definitely know. Decisions Decisions...
Install an alarm and buy a gun, problem solved.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Received 103 Likes on 70 Posts
I'm already considering wheel locks and looking for a set of project kics atm. However I did some research and saw that locks can be easily broken off by hammering a socket and impacted off.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Teh Redhead Moderator

Received 242 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by ibaninheels
like I said get locks and don't worry about it too much. if it happens, it happens, but insurance will take care of you.... Allstate paid me almost $7,000 total when my wheels got stolen.
This. I couldn't have said it better myself.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
all you need is a cinder block and a long steel rod to get almost any car up in the air.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Don't care how slammed you are, if someone wants something off your car they will get it no matter what. Wheel locks hahahaha yeah they help a little but not really, they can be taken off too. Keep your receipt talk to your insurance to make sure they are covered and done deal. If your wheels get jacked insurance gets you a newer set.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:07 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Plus, since people are going to steal your wheels when you're slammed, they're not going to be too concerned about messing up your exterior body in order to do so.

Have any of you guys ever seen the image of the S2K with a jack jammed into it's fiberglass bumper?

Old 11-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Teh Redhead Moderator

Originally Posted by XiN
Plus, since people are going to steal your wheels when you're slammed, they're not going to be too concerned about messing up your exterior body in order to do so.
exactly. theives don't care if they fuq up your car. look at the pic I posted. my sideskirts were chillin on blocks. definitely damaged underneath and so was the front bumper resting on the ground. fortunately for me the damage was all underneath so I didn't bother to fix it.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Received 103 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by XiN

Have any of you guys ever seen the image of the S2K with a jack jammed into it's fiberglass bumper?
I have not, but thanks guys. Gonna think twice before I get expensive wheels.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by XiN

Lol I haven't, that's f'ed up! Post some pics

Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by ibaninheels
exactly. theives don't care if they fuq up your car. look at the pic I posted. my sideskirts were chillin on blocks. definitely damaged underneath and so was the front bumper resting on the ground. fortunately for me the damage was all underneath so I didn't bother to fix it.
I came out to the same sight you did Mrs. My car was chilling on blocks that had humps on the tops of them. I fixed the undercarriage/floor that got pushed up a bit. I also got brand new side skirts and front mudguards.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Definitely harder to steal wheels once the car is super low but where there's a will there's a way. Having your car lowered to the point where it's hard to work on it is a deterrent but it's not impossible to steal wheels off of a slammed car.

The following users liked this post:
Invalid_User (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 03:32 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by 05coupeDG
Lol I haven't, that's f'ed up! Post some pics
I'm looking for it now, but no such luck. I think Blain originally showed it to me since the S2K was from Canada.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Those rolling jacks everybody knows of aren't the only jacks available, and the proper jack points on the sides of a car aren't the only places to use to lift a car you don't care about. Even still, those "low profile" jacks you guys see everywhere aren't the lowest profile rolling jacks around either.

Those jacks in your trunk are quite thin and can squeeze under any lowered car nicely with a little finesse. If anything, it only takes jacking up the rear a bit to fit another jack under the sides. And if you feel the rear of your car is just a bit too low for a jack (which I highly doubt), try having a buddy lift the car by the fender. (We do this to get lowered cars on the lift all the time)

A two man team can strip your wheels in very little time, some people are skilled enough to do this on their own.

Wheel locks are the only thing that can make stealing wheels difficult, but of course there are plenty of ways around that as well.

Last edited by dofu; 11-16-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Teh Redhead Moderator

Originally Posted by dofu
Those rolling jacks everybody knows of aren't the only jacks available, and the proper jack points on the sides of a car aren't the only places to use to lift a car you don't care about. Even still, those "low profile" jacks you guys see everywhere aren't the lowest profile rolling jacks around either.

Those jacks in your trunk are quite thin and can squeeze under any lowered car nicely with a little finesse. If anything, it only takes jacking up the rear a bit to fit another jack under the sides. And if you feel the rear of your car is just a bit too low for a jack (which I highly doubt), try having a buddy lift the car by the fender. (We do this to get lowered cars on the lift all the time)

A two man team can strip your wheels in very little time, some people are skilled enough to do this on their own.

Wheel locks are the only thing that can make stealing wheels difficult, but of course there are plenty of ways around that as well.
When I swapped my wheels last month from the g37 to the g35, I had to use BOTH factory jacks out of both cars, and TWO floor jacks JUST to get my g35 up without damaging it. And it took a LONG time... my sideskirts sit less than 2" from the ground and the front bumper is not that much higher. The rears were easy because you can fit the floor jack easily underneath the trunk and jack up from the diff. The fronts.... another story all together. It was a PITA and I never want to do that again by myself.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
garage it if you can

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can your wheels get stolen if you're slammed?