G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Please help 03 V35 engine not respond..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help 03 V35 engine not respond..

On the other day I forgot to turn off the bulb on the center roof. The next day when I try to unlock the car and the locking is not responding (battery runs out). So I asked a friend to come and help.. He brings the mobile charging with him and we were not sure that machine has not sufficient power or not, which it only activated the power enough for moving from P to N but not enough power to start the engine.. But we can move the car from garage to outside and my friend's car help to 'recharged'.. When we moved the car outside and use his car to charge my car, it takes a while and everything include the center control and MP3 player all walking, but the dashboard is not responding all the lights off. However, one of my other friend comes and he met this before then he think is the car not identifiable of my key.. and he tried to switch the lock/unlock on the key and use the central locking on the driver side.. After like 5 minutes trying, and the engine came back and everything works fine.. After all, now every time I start engine need to do the thing lock/unlock from the key and do the same thing together from the central locking from driver's door.. I need helps!! Is anyone has this happen before? Everything works perfectly fine once it starts over. The start process takes forever, it takes around 5 minutes to 30mitunes, just keep turning to lock or unlock.. and pretty sure the power is on, only the dashboard not responding.. Please help !! This is really killing me.. > < Sorry about my poor enough ..

Last edited by kyckyc; 12-24-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
i don't really understand what you're saying, but unplug the battery (negative terminal) for 10+ minutes, and replug. and see if that changes/resets anything

Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by ME GUSTA
i don't really understand what you're saying, but unplug the battery (negative terminal) for 10+ minutes, and replug. and see if that changes/resets anything
Yeah, we tried that before. After that when I plug the key in at the start level, I press the unlock on the key and unlock on the door at the same time, the dashboard light up, but after few days, this is not working again.. sigh

Old 12-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Since your battery was "that" dead your ECU has forgotten what it's supposed to do. Run you coupe by Nissan and have them reprogram your ECU, only takes seconds....Gary

Old 12-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
sometimes a low level of battery power will produce some interesting symptoms. If all you did was drain the battery, nothing should have changed. As far as it taking a while to start the car, you probably need a new battery. A lot of batteries are not designed to handle deep cycling very well (draining the battery and recharging). I would replace it with a higher quality battery. I recommend Optima. I put them in everything and they are fairly expensive as far as batteries go. But they have never let me down.

Now as far as your central locking system not cooperating with your key fob, (which is what the problem sounds like from what you described), I believe there is a way to "reset" the key fob itself. Dont quote me on it, but I think i remembered seeing something about it in the owners manual. Some food for thought anyway

Old 12-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Since your battery was "that" dead your ECU has forgotten what it's supposed to do. Run you coupe by Nissan and have them reprogram your ECU, only takes seconds....Gary
Thanks gary.. I live in Brisbane, I am not sure the local Nissan dealer can do it or not? So worried about it.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Merry christmas n happy new year~
Do any one meet this situation before? Anyone knows where can get help from brisbane? thanks...........

Old 12-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
The nissan dealer should be able to do it. Infiniti is a division under nissan

Old 12-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
I had the issue. Turned out i wiggle a connection lose when i put battery in. There 3 relay hookups on the firewall inside battery. Try wiggle them n see if it fixes it.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:23 AM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
i would take the battery out and take it to a autozone or o reily's and get it full charged. They'll charge it for free. Make sure your + and - terminals are tightly torqued. A loose ground wire can give enough power to run the auxillary items but not enough power to start the car.

If all else fails, you can try the ecu reset.

http://www.6mt.net/forum/performance...rocedures.html

i would try these suggestions first before taking to a dealer since its free and could save you money.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Thank you guys..
I have been to the dealer service department yesterday.. They suggest me to replace the battery first and see how it goes.. The checking system or reprogramming ECU will cost a big money.. I will get a new battery first and see if it fix..

Old 01-22-2013, 10:48 PM
I changed the battery already.. It looks fine, but when I keep start engine, and switch off, and lock/unlock few times later. It happened again, and I wait another 10 mins and it works fine, but after few times try, the same things happened again.. What should I do now.. Reseting the ECU will help? Is there any thing will damage the car if I reset the ECU? (because it import from Japan, will they reset in Japan version or something?)

I just checked on the other post, is it the reason occur this because the security alarm was off when the battery was run out. And I use the key to unlock it and I broke the security system? Because after that, when I lock the car I didn't not hear the sound any more, it used to have the sound 'Di Di Di..'

Feeling so lost, do not know where to get help from....Please help.......

Last edited by kyckyc; 01-22-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Not sure if this will fix the problem, but its good to do anyway.

I had some weird issues as of lately as well. Replaced the battery twice ended up getting 3 alternators. My battery ended up being good on both of the new ones. The issue was the alternator wasn't charging. Changed to a new one from stock and everything was good for a few months. Then my new alternator started not to charged. Got a free replacement and it worked for a day. Got a third replacement one and everything is fine.

To break it down:

My first replacement one was actually good. Shop says it may work intermittenly, but they were not sure. It seemed to be fine. The second replacement one was definately faulty. That's where I was confused because it was new and I did not think it was the alternator at this point. I did some research and cleaned all my ground wires. I'm not talking about only the battery ground wire. I'm talking about the other ground points on the body and the chassis, as well as engine points. The tech that put the second replacement alternator in, said that the second one was not charging either, but he cleaned a main ground point on my car and it helped. That second alternator worked, but for only a day.

The third replacement alternator went in fine with no issues at all. This is also after cleaning the ground points though. My ground points were fairly corroded. I've noticed weird things with my car when there are loose cables or some type of electrical fault. Anywhere from LEDs not illuminating on my tail lights (making me think I needed to replace my lights, the whole dash lighting up with all the every single dash light on and only able to drive 5mph, my dash flashing on and off when it wants, and my stereo doing this weird static like sound that just moves from speaker to speaker.

My alternator is good now, but I think cleaning my ground points made a difference. I notice my car is much smoother now, quieter, and I even get better gas mileage. Cleaning the ground points won't cost anything to do, but maybe 2-3 hours of your time. Maybe less if you are fast. I wanted to be thorough so I took my time.

Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
kyckyc (02-04-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 AM
I am really thinking that might be the secruity alarm system occur this..
It used to have alarm ring if I unlock the car by keys and when I use remote to lock/unlock the car, it will have sounds.. And I have been to Nissan dealer and they said they dont fix import car.. damn..
Is any one know where can fix this issue in brisbane?? HELP...