G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just how bad is the blind spot?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No blind spot here...this is one of the cars that Iv'e had that does not exibit any sort of blind spot.

Last edited by Gee Im Fast; 01-30-2005 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As when driving a performance car with blindspots: accelerate to change lanes.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:04 PM
as the user Jimmy said. 90% of the people out there use there mirrors wrong...

u have 3 different mirror, driver side, passenger side and rearview, all 3 should see completely different things. and when all 3 are adjusted correctly with minimal overlap the blind spot is eliminated or reduced...

but somehow people confuse side mirrors for parking mirrors and have them showing the side of ur car. Most people have all 3 mirros, right,left, rearview showing the same thing resulting in having a LARGE blind spot.

as Jimmy said if u do a search on correct mirror placement you will find drawing...

crude but done in 2 mins... hope u get the idea

better one.. .took more time =) for the safety of this forum!!!

Last edited by s4m222; 01-27-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Nice drawing.

Um yea, if you think the G35c blind spot is bad.. Try the 350z. Since I'm only 5'7 I have the seat up pretty close to the front. Even if I look back to the left, I can't see anything LOL. I guess I've had my mirrors pretty wrong this whole time, so I'm going to try setting them accordingly.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by s4m222
as the user Jimmy said. 90% of the people out there use there mirrors wrong...

u have 3 different mirror, driver side, passenger side and rearview, all 3 should see completely different things. and when all 3 are adjusted correctly with minimal overlap the blind spot is eliminated or reduced...

but somehow people confuse side mirrors for parking mirrors and have them showing the side of ur car. Most people have all 3 mirros, right,left, rearview showing the same thing resulting in having a LARGE blind spot.

as Jimmy said if u do a search on correct mirror placement you will find drawing...

crude but done in 2 mins... hope u get the idea
Good sketch s4m222, please thank the 4 year old with the crayons. j/k

I agree, this is the way I set my car up too. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it is definitely the way to go.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
only bad part with that mirror setup is that you can't see the curb when you parallel park, so it's hard to judge how far you are.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:39 PM
The coupe isn't so bad blind spot wise -- I drove my friend's coupe for 2 weeks recently. The sedan does have better visibility. The 350Z though.... is kinda lousy for rear visability.

Be glad you don't own a Countach!

Old 01-27-2005, 11:41 PM
Z2G
that's the one thing that i wish our cars had -- side mirrors that automatically aim down when the car is put into reverse like other luxury cars. currently, i just move them down myself when i parallel park...hence, no curb rash on my wheels yet.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:46 PM
it is true that the "proper way" takes some getting used to but once you do you almost never have to strain ur neck and its very easy to get a good view of everything behind you...

but with all good things there is a bad.. and since parking with the mirrors do help sometimes you lose this ability... unless you want to adjust everytime you park...
but the G35 isnt a big car compared to the sedans, suv,s so parking shouldnt be hard. especially if you have owned the G for a while and are used to the size.

and about my drawing... lets not make fun... i almost added in stick figures.. =)

Old 01-28-2005, 12:07 AM
I think if you position the windows appropriately, you don't have a blind spot...thats why they are there. I've had the car for a month and have not noticed it at all.

Hey, did I mentioned I LOVE THIS FRICKEN CAR! :-D

Old 01-28-2005, 10:18 AM
my thoughts

the only 'blind spot' i had to adjust to is the drivers side front pillar and mirror. when making left hand turns I could not see the curb or median and it took a few weeks to adjust to. my previous ride was a 3000gt and the pillar was thinner. love my G

Old 01-29-2005, 09:14 PM
s4m222's diagram is correct. Many have essentially said the same thing, but I will give him credit since he gave us some artwork.

In either case, most people tend to feel uncomfortable if they can't see their own car in the mirror. But the fact is mirrors are there to help you see more. What need do you have to see you're own car when changing lanes? Keeping you own car jst out of view is the way I set mine. It gives me the widest spectrum, while seeing close enough to my car to make sure nothing is there. Side mirrors are really only needed for changing lanes. And typically, the smallest threat that might be there is motorcycle. Setting the mirror so that you are just missing your car(while sitting straight up in the seat) makes it easy to lean your head slightly in the direction of the mirror if you have a need to see your own car. And you should also take a quick glance out the side of your window before changing lanes as well. Usually, taking a quick look in the mirror to see if anything is coming and then looking out the side window to see if anything is there or anyone is changing lanes to the same lane from the other side will confirm if it is safe or not.

As far as backing, what happened to the days when people just looked out the back window? As far as I'm concerened, it is still the safest way to make sure it is safe to back-up. As a point, when I'm investigating a claim where someone backs into another car, almost always aren't looking out the rear window.

I suppose it could help to parallel park, but given you only need to get within 18 inches of the curb, I don't think it's all that hard to do. Just used the cars you are parking between as reference points.

Old 01-29-2005, 11:00 PM
i average almost running down a person per 1000 miles so its somewhat bad

Old 01-30-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by DHCrocks
yup, blind spots a bitch, almost sideswiped a car once. need to get used to turning your head.
Same here!

Old 01-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Deespeed99
Same here!
You guys should be turning your head regardless.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Just how bad is the blind spot?