G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Thinking about getting the Stance VIP SC-6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thinking about getting the Stance VIP SC-6

I've had my G a few months and I am now that I have my tax refund I am trying to decide what after-market rims to get, I like the Vossen CV7 but they are a little pricy and seeing as the roads where I live are pretty shitty I want a 19inch so I'll have a little more tire to soak up the unavoidable pot-holes. That said I am now debating between the Stance VIP SC-6 or the VMR 710's and I am just looking for some input. BTW I also intend to get some S Tech or H tech springs in about a month as well.
I am trying to keep my G "clean" looking and I and considering debadging except for Mt. Fuji

I Photo Shopped the Stance rims on to get an idea of what it will look like.
Name:  SimplyCleanG35_zpsc3dac13f.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  413.0 KB

Old 03-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Clean look imo, although I doubt you'll be looking at that kid of tuck with h-techs or s-techs. I would suggest not wasting your time/money and just going straight for coils to get the look you want and not have to upgrade later. Not to mention stechs will make your stock struts blow a lot faster than normal.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:56 PM
The problem I have with coils is that I am currently in Ohio so winter might be a problem with coils and they put down ridicules amounts of salt, they put down enough liquid salt that your entire wheel well is straight up white after driving about a mile and your car looks like it had a bag of flower thrown on it. I certainly intend to get coils once I get stationed in a better climate but until then I was going to try S Techs to get a little lowering, do you think having lowering springs for about a year or two would cause any suspension problems?

Old 03-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
Wheels would look pretty good on the G. Seen them few times before also some dude in town is rocking them on his G37 coupe. They look good.

I do suggest the SC5. Much cleaner IMO.

Nice ride.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:00 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Those look good. Nice photoshop too. As mentioned above, really plan out how low you want to go. That I know of, Tein H techs don't drop too much but also won't effect your camber or struts.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
First off thanks for your service, even if you are in the Air Force :P

Go with coilovers, no sense in repeating your work by doing springs now just to take them off and do coilovers later. With coilovers you have the ability to adjust height with a little work and I'm assuming wherever you're stationed they have an auto shop for projects like that, I know they do on Bragg/Pope anyway and most of the places I've visited unless it's a small outpost. So when winter comes around raise it a bit and get aligned, when summer comes around drop it a bit and get it aligned. It's a good afternoon of work and gives you a reason to check up on the rest of the car while you're at it.

Consider going with 18s with a meatier tire (taller sidewall). They'll fill the gap as well as a 19 with smaller sidewall and absorb road inconsistencies better. I know firsthand how bad roads on military bases can be and often wish I'd have had a set of 18s for commuting. 18s are also typically lighter than 19s of the same make (less unsprung weight = better performance) and the tires are usually a bit cheaper too.

Also think about grabbing a set of wheels/tires as a winter setup so you can easily swap for crappy weather (assuming married or ranked up enough to have a house with some storage, if in barracks disregard).

Welcome to Driver, good luck with the project.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the input y'all I will probably go with coilovers then, I wash my car enough in the winter so I'll make sure to spray off the coils good once a week. as for winter setups I was planing on putting winter tires on my OEM rims so I wouldn't mess up the Stance rims. and they just built a huge new auto hobby shop here on base, they have 14 working bays and 6 lifts, every tool you could think of, as well as all the equipment for mounting tires to rims and doing alignments, they even have a paint booth that if I remember right is just big enough to fit a G35, and they are thinking of getting a bay set up specific for body work. I intend to spend a decent bit of time in there this coming summer.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Good stuff. Until we moved into our house (with garage) I was at the auto skills shop almost every week for something or another. It's a hell of a good resource.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey im new and i cant figure how to post a photo of my car in this thread but i have an 04 with 20x9 20x10.5 stance sc6 on 350z htechs

Old 05-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by USAF_1013
I've had my G a few months and I am now that I have my tax refund I am trying to decide what after-market rims to get, I like the Vossen CV7 but they are a little pricy and seeing as the roads where I live are pretty shitty I want a 19inch so I'll have a little more tire to soak up the unavoidable pot-holes. That said I am now debating between the Stance VIP SC-6 or the VMR 710's and I am just looking for some input. BTW I also intend to get some S Tech or H tech springs in about a month as well.
I am trying to keep my G "clean" looking and I and considering debadging except for Mt. Fuji

I Photo Shopped the Stance rims on to get an idea of what it will look like.
Look at my profile. I have them already. Machine/slate. Can't seem to post a pic in the thread

Old 06-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 108centurion
hey im new and i cant figure how to post a photo of my car in this thread but i have an 04 with 20x9 20x10.5 stance sc6 on 350z htechs
I found that the best way to get a photo on here was to make an account with photobucket.com, upload your pictures there (which is very easy to do), and then directly place the pictures onto whatever post you want to say.

Back to topic, I am actually planning to run some s-techs and they definitely don't go that low.. But I like the look of those wheels. It's a good, clean look. Nice photoshopping lol

Old 06-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Go 5-Star!