G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Another Leather Issue!!! Car only 1 week old!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another Leather Issue!!! Car only 1 week old!

K guys, I know there is another thread but there was nothing posted about this issue here...

My left bolster of the driver seat is starting to crease and I've only had the car for a week! The thing is, I only weigh 135 lbs (5-9 height) so I am a light guy. The only contact I have with that is getting in and out, I guess I might be sitting on it a bit AS I get out or AS I get in but thats all. My passanger seat is fine and I have had lots of people (small and fat) sit, ride, get in, and get out of the passanger seat and it looks still new with no creases. What gives?

Anyone elses driver's left bolster showin signs of a huge crease?

Old 01-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AW, that sux! I hope warranty covers this.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Same thing happening to me, im going to ask my dealer next time i bring it in.

rs

Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
K guys, I know there is another thread but there was nothing posted about this issue here...

My left bolster of the driver seat is starting to crease and I've only had the car for a week! The thing is, I only weigh 135 lbs (5-9 height) so I am a light guy. The only contact I have with that is getting in and out, I guess I might be sitting on it a bit AS I get out or AS I get in but thats all. My passanger seat is fine and I have had lots of people (small and fat) sit, ride, get in, and get out of the passanger seat and it looks still new with no creases. What gives?

Anyone elses driver's left bolster showin signs of a huge crease?

Old 01-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Z2G
where is the crease? pics would help. but i think it's normal. like with leather shoes, creases will occur. i'm sorry but i think this is getting a little over the top.....next thing we know, someone's going to complain about the leather being too hot in the summer and if the warranty will fix that: )

Old 01-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Cmon Son!
What can bea done to help this?? I would hate to have to get in and out of the car akwardly just to keep the leather up. I have leather seats in my RSX-S and had the same problem very shortly after I got it. I know there is a quality difference (or should be) but that really does suck though.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Yeah I think some creases on the side are normal but it should not be "cracking" - big difference. I have noticed that it does crease easily if you are leaning on it or sitting on it differently but also it will go back to conforming to its old spot. I'm finally now getting around to treating the leather with Lexol and will do so every 3 months. I'd like to keep my leather up to standards and smelling new.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Z2G
where is the crease? pics would help. but i think it's normal. like with leather shoes, creases will occur. i'm sorry but i think this is getting a little over the top.....next thing we know, someone's going to complain about the leather being too hot in the summer and if the warranty will fix that: )

I know it might sound over the top, but I don't see why it can only happen to one seat and not the other especially after I have explained the situation. So maybe it's NOT normal...but seems like others have experienced it too? Yes and its for sure NOT a crack...just a nice long crease almost as long as the whole bolster. And I too would have to get out and into the car a certain way to avoid "creasing" it more...

Old 01-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Z2G
actually, it's more likely that creases will occur on the driver side since it is used more often. also, the left cushion will also take more abuse since weight is put on it when you exit and enter the car. actually, my seat cushion has the exact crease that you're talking about. i've owned several cars with leather interiors and it's happened in all of them.

and how to prevent it? you really can't since it's normal for leather to crease. you can treat it with conditioners/cleaners every few months, but that's about it.

Old 01-27-2005, 03:16 PM
normal wear and tear for leather seats. nothing to worry about. i use leather conditioner regularly on my 03 coupe and the creases have always been there. it's just CHARACTER!

Old 01-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Cool, thanks alot Z2G and Jayco!

Old 01-27-2005, 03:43 PM
G SQUAD
Guys... it's leather!! It's going to crease especially on the driver's side on our bucket seats...

There's really nothing you can do except condition it for "preventive" maintenance. I condition about mine every month during summertime.

Old 01-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Z2G or anyone...what's the best leather conditioner out there?

I know the other threads talks about a few but the other thread also confused me because some of the people using some of the products mentioned developed cracking!

So for this thread post the BEST conditioner for your leather (this means you never got any cracking).

Old 01-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by clokwork
What can bea done to help this?? I would hate to have to get in and out of the car akwardly just to keep the leather up. I have leather seats in my RSX-S and had the same problem very shortly after I got it. I know there is a quality difference (or should be) but that really does suck though.

To avoid creases, you WOULD have to get in and out of your car awkwardly. I remember getting in and out of my last sports car. I would hold onto the steering wheel with one hand while holding onto the a-pillar to get in to avoid hitting the side bolster and then I would exit the car by pulling myself on the a-pillar and pushing myself off from either the arm rest or back of the seat.

Just treat it with some sort of leather cleaner/treater.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:21 PM
It's all in how you "break in" the leather. When getting in my car I always lifted myself ofer the side bolsters. As a result no crease on the drivers side and the leather stretched the other way instead of folding over. My wife was not as careful on the passenger side. As a reult I have a permanent crease over there. Oh well... just part of having leather. I would almost prefer not to have leather because of this reason. But you have to get it to get some of the other options I wanted.

Old 01-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Yup creasing is normal, however cracking is not...Big difference

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another Leather Issue!!! Car only 1 week old!