G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need new bumper....hit and run

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need new bumper....hit and run

Well my fine forum friends, unfortunately i am writing this post because some ignorant bastard backed up into my car and then drive off into hell without leaving their name or number(i am guessing hell considering they left after smashing my car). Luckily (or unluckily) they hit the back plastic bumper peice and it was the only thing damaged. It is pretty bad though and it needs to be replaced. A combination of cold weather and speed which they hit my car caused it to crack leaving a football size hole in my back bumper. Does anyone know when i would be able to purchase the stock bumper for a 04 G35x? I am going to a few collision places, but I am thinking of buying the bumper, getting it painted, and putting it on myself. If anyone has any sites or tips it would be much appreciated.
This accident brings me to a very good question. I went to the gym last night, got out and noticed the massive smash in my bumper. Being on the receiving side this sucks big time and being that no one left their number makes me even more pissed. But, in all honesty, if you were in a parking lot, and had no idea how to drive(I assume you all are good drivers considering you are on a driver's forum), and backed up into someone's car causing severe damage, what would you do? Would you leave your number? Would you leave your number just because you were affraid someone might have seen you and if you left it would be a hit and run? Or would you just not care either way and drive off? On either end of this deal it sucks, but to have done nothing but park your car, and come back to it being f'ed up is one of the most annoying things in the world.

What would you do?

Old 01-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Alas, a morality question. Of course I'm biased and would say that I would leave the phone number, due to the nature of the car I hit. However, if I hit an old junker, I imagine I may have just driven off.... It's kinda like saying 'I love Dolphins, let's save the Dophins, but screw the Tuna!' -- PETA would argue that of course! They would say 'shoot the fisheman, let's just eat Tofu!'

Sucks that you had to deal with that. I for one wouldn't mess around, I would just take it to a body shop and get a quote to have them do it... If you drove 86 Civic, I'd say do it yourself, but you are afterall, driving A G...

Good luck!

Old 01-27-2005, 03:26 PM
heh thats so true it hurts. I think i might just stay with the body shop, although that does depend how much they will charge. I love when they give a nasty bill and say, " well its an import".......thieves

Old 01-27-2005, 04:50 PM
In some states, and I know someone was charged with it, hitting a parked car AND leaving your name/number is considered hit and run. He even went into all the shops near the car to ask for the owner. After 10 mins, he left. The next day the cops showed up with a warrant. He only tagged a parked car while parallel parking. He had to go to court and get a lawyer. Weak. He *tried* to pay for all the damages himself, but the woman insisted on pressing charges and suing. Nice guys get the shaft.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:09 PM
WOW....that is amazing. I never heard of that BS. I live in NY and i am pretty sure it is not a law here. People do it all of the time, i mean are you really supposed to sit around and wait until the person gets back. what if the car was parked in a lot and someone went away.....see now that woman is the kinda B--- that ruins it for everyone else. Damn woman......of course all of you lovely beautiful woman out there. This rule does not apply :P

Old 01-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey Gnorme,

Is your car a coupe? or sedan?

I have FOR SALE:

A rear bumper cover for a 03-05 COUPE, UNPAINTED, OEM STILL IN PLASTIC WRAPPED HASN"T BEEN REMOVED. which I am selling.