G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2006 G35 6mt runs like a civic :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2013 | 12:02 AM
|
Well I mentioned the throwout bearing was another issue I will tackle once I figure out this problem. I know my throwout bearing is messing up because it makes a rattle noise then why i press in the clutch the rattling noise goes away.

Old 03-16-2013 | 04:51 AM
Have you cleaned the engine bay? I know weird question
(Previous bad experience long story)

Old 03-16-2013 | 10:14 AM
Check your calipers, its possible you may have a stock caliper....I had that and it is really bad to drive on and holds your car back. I dont think it slowed my car down that much but you never know

Old 03-16-2013 | 12:19 PM
|
Welp just got back from the Nissan dealership and he said since its saturday he couldn't do a real in-depth diagnostic, but he ran the code and got the same code P1084. I told him I had the driver side cam sensor replaced, I also told him it was an aftermarket sensor that probably didn't last 2 days and it didn't increase my performance. He like everyone else, suggested I go with OEM sensor which is what I will do now, his mechanic came and told me he's 90% sure thats the reason for the performance issues. He also mentioned it could be my wire harness I'm not sure what that is or where its located. They wanted me to leave the car so they can start a deeper diagnostic check on monday but I couldn't leave it and told them I might bring it back monday. The mechanic did say my car 2006 Infiniti G35 6MT had 4 cam sensors???? I'm really at a loss right now, it's not driving rough just has no power.

Old 03-17-2013 | 12:41 AM
change the one. But I remmeber reading in another thread that code that they threw might be going off for drivers side but its actually the passengar side.

Old 03-17-2013 | 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by wreckshop56
Welp just got back from the Nissan dealership and he said since its saturday he couldn't do a real in-depth diagnostic, but he ran the code and got the same code P1084. I told him I had the driver side cam sensor replaced, I also told him it was an aftermarket sensor that probably didn't last 2 days and it didn't increase my performance. He like everyone else, suggested I go with OEM sensor which is what I will do now, his mechanic came and told me he's 90% sure thats the reason for the performance issues. He also mentioned it could be my wire harness I'm not sure what that is or where its located. They wanted me to leave the car so they can start a deeper diagnostic check on monday but I couldn't leave it and told them I might bring it back monday. The mechanic did say my car 2006 Infiniti G35 6MT had 4 cam sensors???? I'm really at a loss right now, it's not driving rough just has no power.
All 05-07 6MT's have 4 cam sensors. Also, your clutch is just rattling, it's normal. It's not your throw out bearing, that would cause noise once the clutch was pressed, not go away when pressed.

How much oil are you consuming? Did you do a leakdown test yet?

Old 03-18-2013 | 12:23 AM
Has the car been modded?
If yes, you might be running too rich and need a tune.

Old 03-18-2013 | 07:30 PM
|
UPDATE!!!!
Just got the car back from nissan they replaced the EVT sensor so no more check engine light. Still **** poor performance and even the mechanic at the dealer suggested the next step to be take off the cats and see if the performance increases and if it does go with an aftermarket cat system. He also said all the wiring checked out ok and it didn't throw any codes at all. $400 gone for a sensor that did not help the overall issue. I know the car is salvaged and that might have something to do with it, I also have a bent Tie End I believe, I have to go back and look at the paper. No the car is not modded from my understanding this is only my 3rd week with the car. All I need is my performance back and I will be a happy camper. So I guess step 2 will be underway tomorrow and the cats will be removed. I will update!

-Also put some Lucas gas treatment in the tank.. No improvement.

Old 03-18-2013 | 10:08 PM
Check your cats they might be clogged thats the only thing i can think of with your description.

The following users liked this post:
BAAG35 (03-19-2013)
Old 03-20-2013 | 12:27 AM
Dude, this sucks, do keep in mind that as you say it's a seven year old salvage car that God only knows how the original treated, or mistreated it. I bought my car new back in 07' and have never had a single problem. When the cars came out in 03 I remember a kid in a new one try to race my 2K SE Maxima, I knew I had no chance. Unless you buy this type of cars new people do tend to rag this cars and much like any car they tend to develop all sorts of problems. Hope you find out what the problem is before you're in too deep.

Old 03-21-2013 | 03:01 PM
|
Amazingly the CEL came back on with the same P1084 code called the dealership he said bring it in monday no charge. I ordered some Kinetix High Flow SMOG Legal Catalytic Converters - 03-07 Infiniti G35 from imports parts pro here in texas for $350 they will be installed as soon as they come in. Should I replace all my exhaust gaskets during the install? How would I check the fuel pressure? Should I ask the dealer to do this? Is there a DIY for MAF sensor cleaning and Throttle body cleaning? I'm no where near a mechanic but my money is getting low trying to diagnose this problem.

Old 03-21-2013 | 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by wreckshop56
Amazingly the CEL came back on with the same P1084 code called the dealership he said bring it in monday no charge. I ordered some Kinetix High Flow SMOG Legal Catalytic Converters - 03-07 Infiniti G35 from imports parts pro here in texas for $350 they will be installed as soon as they come in. Should I replace all my exhaust gaskets during the install? How would I check the fuel pressure? Should I ask the dealer to do this? Is there a DIY for MAF sensor cleaning and Throttle body cleaning? I'm no where near a mechanic but my money is getting low trying to diagnose this problem.
0__0

P1084-EXHAUST VALVE TIMING VOLTAGE CIRCUIT BANK 2

You shouldn't be buying parts that aren't related to the problem, especially if your money is low... Just use common sense for this one. Did you follow and check your grounds? Did you clean your grounds? Did you find out if the sensor is getting enough voltage? Checked the wires for any damage/debris/cuts? Sounds like this problem could easily be fixed for under $50. They have tools that will measure the voltage throughout the wire and tell you at what point the wire is damaged. Improper voltage can burn out sensors.

Old 03-21-2013 | 06:32 PM
|
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
0__0

P1084-EXHAUST VALVE TIMING VOLTAGE CIRCUIT BANK 2

You shouldn't be buying parts that aren't related to the problem, especially if your money is low... Just use common sense for this one. Did you follow and check your grounds? Did you clean your grounds? Did you find out if the sensor is getting enough voltage? Checked the wires for any damage/debris/cuts? Sounds like this problem could easily be fixed for under $50. They have tools that will measure the voltage throughout the wire and tell you at what point the wire is damaged. Improper voltage can burn out sensors.
The dealer replaced the faulty sensor 2 days ago and did an idle control reset, so the same code comes back. I got in my dads 05 g35 reved it and it sounded like the fumes got out the exhaust smoothly, I reved mine right next to his and at 2000 rpms mines sound like its backfiring when i come off the gas. My exhaust is also noticeably louded than his also but not from the back but from the driver seat with the door open.

Old 03-21-2013 | 06:34 PM
|
Do these numbers mean anything

MAF a/f se-bl-v = 1.2 idle
mass airflow 3.96 idle
fuel level = 2.00 idle

my friend hooked it up to his expensive reader to see if it could get the psi of the fuel pump but it just showed voltages and these numbers

Old 03-22-2013 | 02:22 AM
those 01 is300's got some supra motors inem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 G35 6mt runs like a civic :(