G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Why Do So Many Baby their Coupes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is a daily driver as well, but I do baby mine. I think AVS said it best to descibe my own situation. She won't go 3 days without some kind of attention. I'll pick a night after work to spend 2 to 3 hours on her, and then I'll do the same thing by the weekend.

Twice a week, she gets dusted off and wiped down, including both exhaust tips. Then I polish my rims, spray my tires, clean all of the glass, then finisher her off with Z-6.

I've always been this way with my vehicles. When the day comes that I just don't care any longer, I'll just buy a Frontier, leave it parked outside, and wash it once a month.

2003-G35C-5AT Laser Red/Black/Prem/XM/Tint/Chrome 17's/Black Badged

Old 02-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Cool Re: Baby their coupes ...

There are a three reasons for why I control how many miles I put on my '05 Black coupe. The first is that I want to be that guy who is able to claim 300,000 miles on his Integra. In terms of utility, I cannot find a reason to get rid of my '94 Integra GSR. I use it to haul building materials, people, to go to work in.

The second reason is that Infiniti has hit a home run with this coupe, and the resale value is beginning to show it. For every mile under 12,000 for a year that passes you can deduct the difference on the mileage schedule and multiply that number by .05 and come up with added value to your car. This slows the depreciation process for the car, which has not been anything to crow about in the past for Nissan.

The final note for why I don't drive it as much as I probably should, is that driving any car daily speeds the "getting used to" process. By driving my car once in a while, it gives me something to look forward to. Slows the "discovery process down", if you will.

I took a look at some recent car magazine that described the Skyline coming to the US with a 70K price tag. The car looked just like the G35, so there is no reason to get power I cannot use anywhere around here, or pay that kind of good money. The changes aren't enough to compel me to "get it out of my system".

We all know that we get tired of cars we drive over time, and until I see something better in the pipeline, I am going to preserve and enjoy the car as much as I can.

Old 02-06-2005, 12:15 PM
I love driving the car and I do it as much as I can because as a student i have much more time on my hands and thus its the only time I can truly enjoy any car, because once I finish school and start working I know I will not have much time to be spending recreational driving. Whoever has the time to enjoy his car, should, keeping it in the garage for resale value is pointless, nobody should buy a car because they are going to sell it, you buy it to consume it.

Sitting in the garage makes YOUR car better for the person that will be buying it from you tomorow, unless that person is your brother, beat the crap out of the car and let the next guy take care of maintenence.

p.s. I am in mourning, last night someone hit my car in a parking lot I have to take it to the body shop tomorow. Minor damage, but i gotta repaint my rear bumper.

Remember enjoy your car as much as you can because you bought it for yourself, not the guy you are going to sell it to.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
I drive my car everyday, ive put almost 14000 miles on her since the 1st of October 2004.
That's on pace for 42k miles per year

Old 02-06-2005, 08:33 PM
I drive it like I stole it..hahahha....

Old 02-06-2005, 11:08 PM
MyG37 Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by copbait
That's on pace for 42k miles per year
It's gunna be a good YEAR!!

Old 02-07-2005, 03:41 AM
03' coupe w/ 31k miles on it. I drive mine daily and the only babying I do is reg. oil changes every 3k miles. I drive my car hard everyday, take turns while the vdc is kicking in, etc. I love my car and even though some people see it as abusing it, I see it as taking full advantage of it. Oh and I took it to the track once...I plan on taking it again when I get my exhaust and ECU.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Infinium
I plan on driving the G most of the time. One of the reasons why I bought it was that is was more practical than my C5 vette for an everyday driver. My commute lately has been on the train so its not getting much use anyways!
i hear u brother! i traded my '01 vette for a mini cooper s. got married... needed something more practical for the wifey. i do miss her though . this new g coupe that i bought is great though! i've only had it just over a week... but it's been wonderful so far... can't wait till the break-in is complete. plus i get the added ability to drive it all year round (unlike the vette). no babying here... my car looked white from all the salt last week. had it washed this passed saturday... pro'lly won't wax it 'till the spring though.

-regards.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by xasnxkiddox
For those of you who drive it on a daily basis, do you care where you park? I try to drive my G every where I go but if I know in advance of a tight parking situation, I tend to not drive the G and take my gf's 00' TL instead . At school, there are probably 4 other G's and they all park close to the school where there's a lot of tight spaces and cars pulling in and out. It makes me feel a little obsessive compulsive but I tend to park farther away and in wider spaces for peace of mind.

I bought the car back in Feb 04 and it only has 4500 miles on it without any dings or dents. Does anyone know if our doors/fenders/bumpers ding easily? I know as soon as I get a couple of dents/dings, I won't be worried as much anymore but in the meantime, I'd like to keep it as clean as possible.
a common complaint for the G is soft paint. it chips easily from rocks & road debris. lots of people have clearbras installed to remedy this.

my G is my daily driver (drive it like ya stole it!), except for when there is any snow or ice on the streets. i have an 01 olds alero for those days - no reason to buy a winter setup for the G with a 2nd car around. as soon as the streets are cleared, i drive the G. i garage my G whenever it's at my house. the only thing that sucks about having 2 cars and 1 garage spot is i have to scrape & defrost the alero on snowy mornings, while my G snoozes quietly in the garage

Last edited by jayco; 02-07-2005 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:16 AM
I usually use the G35 coupe as my daily driver, my Lexus is my weekend car. I still baby the G35c though