G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FLushed_g35
Energy suspension is the worst according to reviews and write ups. I did many readings before settling with Armstrong bushings. They are 1 piece urethane and so far so good. I have that same clunking noise from driver side and after the new bushing install the clunking quieted down but was still there. I decided to toe out front driver wheel as it looked off to pinpoint the problem and it went away. maybe alignment issues... maybe something else. I returned to my original settings and the clunking returned. Weird but just something I encountered.

So far I would do Armstrong,Nismo, or oem. There is another company out there but I have yet to get my hands on them. Still trying to work a package deal with them as it will be shipping internationally and so far as I know it no one in the states are running them.
Amazon Amazon

^ I think that for just 1 bushing and the Energy Suspension is $58.00 for both. I will probably go with what is the cheapest.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
Wait, energy is the worst as far as you've "read", but you still have a clunk with the Armstrong? I actually have energys on my G and they are awesome. They have corrected my caster problems and they have the same NVH as stock rubber bushings and they have also tightened up my steering. Not sure why you would endorse a product that doesn't solve your problem and then talk bad about a product that you know nothing about.
Yes.. isn't that what reviews and diy all about and you use the search the button for? The armstrong bushings corrected my caster issues also and has no NVH. My clunking noise quieted hence my problems lies somewhere else as its still there. I never said the clucking was from my compression rod bushings, but they where torn. I never did say it was the best, just a better option instead of the two piece design that can deflect over time and never did I personally bad mouth a product nor endorse one. I also stated nismo and oem was the other two I would go also if available. I can provide you with a vyvanse pill if it helps?

Old 03-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Drifter2090
http://www.amazon.com/ADUS-560-Compr...productDetails

^ I think that for just 1 bushing and the Energy Suspension is $58.00 for both. I will probably go with what is the cheapest.
Of course pricing is always a problem. Nismo I believe are discontined but you might find some around still. They are also at 50.00+ a piece. The oem replacement of course is 150.00+ eash side. Like I stated I'm trying to get a deal done with a international company that makes hard rubber like the nismo and provide it at a cost around 70-80 a pair. My g35 gang here will more then happy do a trial run when available. Goodluck with your install.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:19 PM
I heard the Armstrong were very good but yeah pricing is the problem for me, but I will look around and if they are not that much more expensive I will probably buy them. Thanks

Old 03-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by FLushed_g35
Yes.. isn't that what reviews and diy all about and you use the search the button for? The armstrong bushings corrected my caster issues also and has no NVH. My clunking noise quieted hence my problems lies somewhere else as its still there. I never said the clucking was from my compression rod bushings, but they where torn. I never did say it was the best, just a better option instead of the two piece design that can deflect over time and never did I personally bad mouth a product nor endorse one. I also stated nismo and oem was the other two I would go also if available. I can provide you with a vyvanse pill if it helps?
The whitelines are 3 piece and they're considered the best. And you're mistaken if you would imply a recommendation (just because you didn't endorse the product specifically, doesn't mean you didn't do it by implication) for an OEM part vs the energy bushings, because the problem is not the bushing. The problem is the imperfect geometry of the front suspension. If you read enough reviews you would understand that OEM replacements will tear again in a matter of months if not weeks. I've read plenty of reviews where the armstrongs rip and only one where an energy bushing ripped. I believe this is due to the 3-piece design that creates the gap (extra flex appeal) that everyone sees after install. The only complaint I've heard about energys is that they make noise, but you can't rely on those reviews because some bone heads don't know how to grease bushings. Reviews should be taken with a grain of salt and you only look for patterns of failure in any given product; of which energy has few.
Just sayin..

Old 03-04-2014, 03:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trunk button?

Hey guys, sadly i still don't know where or how to open the trunk in the G35, im currently using the key fob, anyone know where the button is located

Old 03-04-2014, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by Rattpack boi
Hey guys, sadly i still don't know where or how to open the trunk in the G35, im currently using the key fob, anyone know where the button is located
Haha
To the left of the steering wheel under the vent. It's the middle button.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts
There is a valet switch in the glove box that could be turned on/off that prevents the trunk from being opened too if you still cant get it.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Thank God for this thread

Old 03-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Okay are the compression rods the same as the lower control arm?

Old 03-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,026 Likes on 943 Posts
Okay are the compression rods the same as the lower control arm?
Nope, that's called the transverse link in these cars!
Compression rod seems to sits in between lower and upper.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Nope, that's called the transverse link in these cars!
Compression rod seems to sits in between lower and upper.
Okay so I had new lower control arms installed a few weeks ago, but i still have clunking. So it is the compression rod then, are there any other names for this part so I can explain to my mechanic?

Old 03-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Okay so I had new lower control arms installed a few weeks ago, but i still have clunking. So it is the compression rod then, are there any other names for this part so I can explain to my mechanic?
It's also known as the radius arm.

The lower control arm sits on top of the steering knuckle ball joint. There is another big ball joint facing down (toward the ground) right next to the knuckle ball joint (that one faces up). The downward facing ball joint is attached to a rod that has a bushing on the other end sandwiched between the subframe and the body of the car. That's the compression rod.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shift **** question

What's the best size for a new shift **** for a manual ????? NEED HELP !!!!

Old 03-09-2014, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not sure what ur asking size wise but if u mean what specs u need its 10x1.25 thread pattern

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Coupe Random Little Question Thread