G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just had some service done at Infiniti... Opinion please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
i say just pay the guy to have it wrapped. All those listed services you listed you can do for 1/4-1/3 the price if you diy or at least 1/2 if you just take it to a indy shop. I got my rear diff fluid and transmission fluid changed for $200 total at a popular shop listed in the socal forums.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BjkearG35
Theres a reason why they are charging that much and now ''offering'' to do the dash for free.
That's what I was thinking. I can't ****ing decide. Part of me knows I'm getting boned, then the other half thinks if the dash cracks in the future I can go back to them and say, "Hey, you sold me a default part, REPLACE IT!" Haha

Old 05-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Save yourself a bundle, find an independent shop to do your service. The STEALERSHIP is giving you nothing, it's all padded in the service. Everything is hundreds more than it should be!
Gary

Old 05-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Prices really aren't THAT bad for getting all those fluids changed at once. I think I paid ~$400 to have coolant, brakes, and manual trans fluids changed last year at Infiniti. That price is about right for auto trans service. You can change wiper blades and HEPA filter yourself though.

Still not sure I understand what they're offering you though. Will they just discount the install labor for the dash (you still need to buy it) or will they give you the dash + install along with all those other services for $1,200 out the door? If it's the later, then I'd jump on it.

Also, what year and mileage are on the G? My FX35 actually had the warranty extended to 90k miles for dash "bubbling" issues, got that replaced for free, don't think my G has a similar campaign though.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
Prices really aren't THAT bad for getting all those fluids changed at once. I think I paid ~$400 to have coolant, brakes, and manual trans fluids changed last year at Infiniti. That price is about right for auto trans service. You can change wiper blades and HEPA filter yourself though.

Still not sure I understand what they're offering you though. Will they just discount the install labor for the dash (you still need to buy it) or will they give you the dash + install along with all those other services for $1,200 out the door? If it's the later, then I'd jump on it.

Also, what year and mileage are on the G? My FX35 actually had the warranty extended to 90k miles for dash "bubbling" issues, got that replaced for free, don't think my G has a similar campaign though.
Thanks for the post. They are offering to do the dash and install for free if I allow those other purchases. I already checked, no recall or warranty for cracking G35 dash.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:52 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 237 Likes on 148 Posts
Erik,
like I previously said,
if they are giving you the dash and not making you pay for it (goodwill likely)
I would jump on it, if all they are doing is picking up labor,,,, then that's the decision that you have
to make....
~Phil~

Old 05-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Phil,

Gotcha. Yes, in fact, on the hard copy of my inspection they wrote "Goodwill" where the price goes.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
to take apart the dash would be better to trust dealership or independent shop? seems like dealer would be better equipped for the job no?

Old 05-16-2013, 04:25 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by saywat?
to take apart the dash would be better to trust dealership or independent shop? seems like dealer would be better equipped for the job no?
Good question,
that's why I said if it's goodwilled I would do it, simply because sure he's getting some crazy prices on the services, but he's also getting a 1000 dash + 400 labor free....
that's a deal hardly seen.... they really want his services to me, goodwill is used to retain good customers, or to promote new customers, and I do believe either or could do the dash, however a Nissan/Infiniti trained tech probably does it better, quicker, and cleaner
it all comes down to preference....

Old 05-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by LoSt180

Thanks for the post. It's an 05 with 57K

Old 05-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
If you had a qualified independent shop like CarZone that has 2 qualified Nissan trained mechanics I never hesitate to take SLICK there!
If the dash & labor are free then I'd let your dealership do the service! But I'd never pay those prices for service knowing they were off the wall! I paid less than $300= to have all my fluids (not oil) changed at my Nissan dealership including the in dash filter. Work was done by the same mechanic that does all there GT-R service, of course I felt comfortable.
Gary

Old 05-16-2013, 06:07 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by gary c
If you had a qualified independent shop like CarZone that has 2 qualified Nissan trained mechanics I never hesitate to take SLICK there!
If the dash & labor are free then I'd let your dealership do the service! But I'd never pay those prices for service knowing they were off the wall! I paid less than $300= to have all my fluids (not oil) changed at my Nissan dealership including the in dash filter. Work was done by the same mechanic that does all there GT-R service, of course I felt comfortable.
Gary
++++1 Gary,
that's what I've been saying, if the Dash and Labor are free, then it's probably a no brainer......
~Phil~