G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

g35 coupe gtr front bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Received 190 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Sell your car and put up another $70k or so and you got a great GTR front with the real performance behind it
GTRs are slow!

Dont waist the money

id rather have a custom car at 50-60K, than a stock used car at 70K

did I mention faster than the 70K used 100K new car at that?

Old 06-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Don't even consider the GT-R bumper! The red coupe you posted belonged to Lawrence, he spent way too much $$ making it perfect as you can see. Today the bumper is gone and his G is purple, and even more beautiful!
Gary

I dont know. I think you can make anything look good with time, money and vision.

I pulled it off. Folks said hellz no, but after it was complete, even those that didnt like the GTR bumper support the build/looks.I sported 21 inch wheels on the back, BEFORE the GTRs guys did. Now every GTR out here has 21 inchers on it.....sigh.

being different sometimes is what folks want most. Id rather be the only GTR kitted G, than the 80,000 with the Kuruma Z, like I have now...to include every G on the east coast.

at least I bought the real Kuruma one, but you cant tell that from driving down the highway, at speed.

I can appreciate why folks dont like the GTR bumper. It has hard lines on a very smooth sexy car. Its not the most flattering bumper. But its not made to be sexy, its made to be in your face, aggressive and its very functional. Some of the speeds this bumper allowed me to run were outstanding. I walked down cars and bikes with more hp-to-weight the function was the biggest advantage for this front bumper.

Now if you are airbagged slammed NA car, then yes...screw this bumper. But if you like beating up on M3s, M5s, Z06s, and GSXR 1000s...go with the GTR bumper. lol

Last edited by G ZILLA; 06-26-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Just about ALL aftermarket bodykits have "fitment" issues. Some more than others. What it comes down to is the amount of effort your bodyshop does to correct things. It comes at a cost of course. If you just take the kit out of the box and take it to your "boy" who does paint work, don't expect OEM fitment.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by G ZILLA
But its not made to be sexy, its made to be in your face, aggressive and its very functional. Some of the speeds this bumper allowed me to run were outstanding. I walked down cars and bikes with more hp-to-weight the function was the biggest advantage for this front bumper.

Now if you are airbagged slammed NA car, then yes...screw this bumper. But if you like beating up on M3s, M5s, Z06s, and GSXR 1000s...go with the GTR bumper. lol
I think you might be overstating the benefits received from any improvements in drag reduction gained by merely installing an aftermarket nose on an automobile.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (06-27-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by AmateuRN
OMG... The GTR bumper gave GZILLA horsepowerz to beat Z06's lololol
LOL. Seriously some of the most random bs coming out of this guy's mouth...

Old 06-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Sorry, I don't like the gtr bumper on the g35 coupe at all. I do like it on the gtr though. Go good job on your build. If you like your car, great your attached to it. I enjoy my chargespeed and strafe bumper..... Hate strafe but like the bumper.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
buy the GTR bumper. Run the car into a wall. Parts sale in marketplace.

gzillas car doesn't look...*****...ehhh...bullllllll?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 AM
Originally Posted by BlackBeachG35
I think you might be overstating the benefits received from any improvements in drag reduction gained by merely installing an aftermarket nose on an automobile.
by for the lowest bumper I've ever had. Simple physics as to high speed benefits. It's the only bumper that I scraped daily. Running the car with the same or slightly more power, there was a 4th 5th gear distinct difference. Especially when running xxrwhp more, running the same cars.... I did notice, also highway gas mileage.

It's not like it was in hyper drive vs stock. However, after spending countless auto crosses, track days, Virginia mountain roads, and over 15 trips back and forth to st. Louis, there isn't much I don't notice about my car.

Gtr vs stock
Gtr vs kuruma

No question which is more functional. My car isn't slammed at all. 350z Tein springs, tokico shocks, maybe two inch drop yet Gtr was on the ground.

Last edited by G ZILLA; 07-02-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by driftsucky
buy the GTR bumper. Run the car into a wall. Parts sale in marketplace.

gzillas car doesn't look...*****...ehhh...I bullllllll?
It was purpose built for my t-shirt business. It's not built to drive to church on Sundays.

Simply offering the OP a different alternative to all you strong opinionated followers.

Be different, think outside of the box, it's not always about looking good.

The Gtr is a ugly azz car vs an audi r8, or even the new viper, 911. But the function of the machine is still extreme impressive.. On a track with curves in it. Assuming the individual behind the wheel can drive it. My experience is more than half who own them can not outrun a 370z with a good driver, which is sad but to each their own.

I do me... Your hated post made me build the car just to prove the point.

Bulley, yeah it takes no bull, that's for sure.

Can you post something different you bring to the table for the vq platform?

Last edited by G ZILLA; 06-27-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:12 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
One of the ugliest front bumpers made for the G....dont do it...sorry Corey...lol

Old 06-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by G ZILLA
by for the lowest number I've ever had. Simple physics as to high speed benefits. It's the only bumper that I scraped daily. Running the car with the same or slightly more power, there was a 4th 5th gear distinct difference. Especially when running xxrwhp more, running the same cars.... I did notice, also highway gas mileage.

It's not like it was in hyper drive vs stock. However, after spending countless auto crosses, track days, Virginia mountain roads, and over 15 trips back and forth to st. Louis, there isn't much I don't notice about my car.
I don’t doubt your ability to detect any improvements in your g’s performance.
However, humans are prone to bias, and that is exactly what I think we have a case of here.

Speaking strictly for drag force:

Even if the GTR bumper was able to reduce the coefficient of drag in any significant way (which, by the way, is highly unlikely), the increased frontal projection area of the GTR bumper essentially neglects this improvement in cd. And major improvements in cd are dwarfed by the frontal projection areas as values for cd are always very small. so, it is far more likely that if anything, the drag force would be greater with the GTR bumper versus the stock bumper.

Granted, this is fluid mechanics that have been greatly, greatly simplified.

Any improvements you have felt, which you clearly truly believe have been as a result of only an aftermarket bumper, are largely imagined.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Joonn
I was looking into buying the gtr bodykit for my g35 coupe.

The following users liked this post:
thegreatkwijibo (06-28-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 10:19 PM
I was waiting for GZilla to chime in on this one.

Yeah the GTR front is not the best looking but the way GZilla put it together is 100 times better then most of us have see, we can admit that.

Joonn obviously you like the GTR front so go with what you like and don't do what everybody else does. It's really wack the way people tell you what looks good and doesn't and everyone ends up doing the same crap over and over. Customizing is about you and your car. PM GZilla and find out what he did to make his fit well and eliminate gaps.

He actually just got it reprinted and it looks sick.

I hate to see the hate post I get when I show my car on here. I guarantee you most people if any at all have some of the stuff I have on my car but that's perfect for me. I like to be different and not follow the crowd because that's the "right" thing to do.

Joonn have fun with your car whatever you do.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^From the sounds of it, I don't want the same stuff you have. But, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35 coupe gtr front bumper