G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

g35 coupe gtr front bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by driftsucky
You highlighted the wrong part. Shoulda caught something about us not getting all uppity just because we don't agree. But, whatevs. No big. As far as ricer math, you didn't follow his build at any point, so you wouldn't know what he did. I knew he had one of the few SC worth a damn in the G/Z community (cuz really, S/C ain't worth a damn...lol). But, as Lecretia would say, it TEE EYE IS what it TEE EYE IS.
If you read, I stated disagreeing on taste of a car's looks was nothing in the least bit unique to his car/his gtr bumper. Even some of the generally most popular cars like patman's in the past had people who hated the looks, again nothing new, everyone builds their cars how they like them.

His s/c build did make good power, I never denied that. But there is no way he was decreasing his drag enough to make a big difference such as winning races due to switching to a gtr bumper. There is nothing to disagree about there, that is just completely wrong and pulled out of his ***.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Received 190 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
The part that is special about this guy is his ricer math about how putting a different bumper on his car made his car faster, and not just not noticeably faster, but fast enough to pull on cars he couldn't before. Then he tries to mention drag coefficients while mixing and matching bumpers like it is that simple of an idea.

comment in more detail

same car, same conditions..... I pull everytime.

run 1, pulls 1 cars
run 2, pulls 1.5 cars
run 3, pulls 1.5ish cars

installs body kits GTR kit

run 1, pulls 2.5 cars
run 2. pulls 3 cars
run 3, pulls 3 cars (higher top speeds at each run)

accident, bumper swap, KIT on minus GTR

install oem bumper,
run 1, 2 cars
run 2, 2 cars
run 3, 2 cars

My buddys had and still has is the same power...dyno tested same power.

thats all but one car length is a "huge" difference.

top speed type of runs.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:46 PM
HOT ROD Magazine

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/b...s/viewall.html

Originally Posted by hotrod mag
More practically, to go just 25 percent faster-say, from 125 mph to a bit over 155 mph-requires double the horsepower.

Or you could go faster without adding a single horsepower by making the car sleeker, being more friendly about inviting the air to step out of your way. That means getting familiar with aerodynamics, the study of the interaction of gases and bodies passing through them. It's a complex discipline, and there are so many variables that can affect how a car slices the wind that you're never going to learn how to optimize it from a magazine article, though you can get a good start with the story "Aero Tricks You Can Use" from the Sept. '05 HOT ROD (see it now at www.HOTROD .com). Even professionals can only make educated guesses, but as Gary Eaker says, one good test is worth a thousand opinions.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/b...#ixzz2Xv3Ycocu

Old 07-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
How much you pulled on someone when it isn't back to back identical instances and especially not on a track with time stamps isn't anywhere near something that can be considered evidence of the bumper making you a car length faster.

And aerodynamics are definitely the best way to improve top speed, but what wind tunnel testing did you put your plug and play gtr bumper through? And even if the bumpers were tested individually and the gtr was shown to have less drag, how would that translate when put on your g35? The gtr bumper wasn't designed to aerodynamically flow on a g35, there is extremely good reason to assume that it would in fact be worse than the stock g35 bumper. Even if it was more aerodynamic alone, the air it is funneling is not being channeled along the rest of the lines of the g35. This can easily mean WORSE drag than stock because instead of channeling air around the entire car body as designed it is throwing air in ways it isn't supposed to, creating turbulence.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
This is the best thread we have had on here in FOREVER!! Thanks OP for asking if you should get that bumper... turned into full on awesomeness!

Old 07-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
lol. TRUFE

Old 07-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
I stand by my previous statement that running two GTR bumpers stacked over each other will let you out-handle an F1 car.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by TORETTO
I stand by my previous statement that running two GTR bumpers stacked over each other will let you out-handle an F1 car.
i lol'd

Old 07-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Xet
How much you pulled on someone when it isn't back to back identical instances and especially not on a track with time stamps isn't anywhere near something that can be considered evidence of the bumper making you a car length faster.

And aerodynamics are definitely the best way to improve top speed, but what wind tunnel testing did you put your plug and play gtr bumper through? And even if the bumpers were tested individually and the gtr was shown to have less drag, how would that translate when put on your g35? The gtr bumper wasn't designed to aerodynamically flow on a g35, there is extremely good reason to assume that it would in fact be worse than the stock g35 bumper. Even if it was more aerodynamic alone, the air it is funneling is not being channeled along the rest of the lines of the g35. This can easily mean WORSE drag than stock because instead of channeling air around the entire car body as designed it is throwing air in ways it isn't supposed to, creating turbulence.
you have no wind tunnel experience to back your claims.

Yes I used my butt dyno and clear observation. Again, same car, same HP was the consistant. My car did change.

this is so funny, I hope you clowns are laughing as you read this. The GTR bumpe sits on the freggin ground, but non of you will know that, because NONE of you have ever had it on your car. Im talking like 4 to 5 inches lower than stock. I could get the toe of my shoe under it. Size 13, not a little boys size.

Its whatever.

Just as I have always done. I stick to what I say and wait for you all to do something other than follow the masses.

Be a leader, invent a new bumper....the INVEN was by far the best new idea produces as for as NEW and INNOVATIVE goes.

Enjoy, have a happy 4th of July.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AmateuRN
THIS !

Old 07-04-2013, 06:57 AM
I can't find out who made that one!?!?!????

Old 07-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
This is Version 1 and 2 .The last version of the GTR bumper. I changed the vents and few other things. It cost $1000 to do the mods. Both Version I filled in the headlight area..

Attached Thumbnails g35 coupe gtr front bumper-img_0049.jpg   g35 coupe gtr front bumper-img_1053.jpg  

Last edited by 2drwild; 07-06-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow a 5 page thread on the world's ugliest bumper for a G..

Old 07-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by 2drwild
This is Version 1 and 2 .The last version of the GTR bumper. I changed the vents and few other things. It cost $1000 to do the mods. Both Version I filled in the headlight area..
Wilingl to buy previous version to play with, or buy that one.

I never saw v2.

Disregard as too you no longer have this front correct?

PM if duplication is possible.

Sick.

Last edited by G ZILLA; 07-06-2013 at 03:16 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35 coupe gtr front bumper