G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Where are all the S.Cali people getting their VPP from?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are all the S.Cali people getting their VPP from?

I have tried calling most dealers around here, and no one is willing to do VPP on a 2005 6mt. The only dealer that has said yes, was Infiniti of Pleasanton, but obviously thats N.Cali. Which is a good 10-12hr drive for me. Thinking of just buying from them, and just drive it back. I was also looking at Grubbs Infiniti, on their site they say they will ship it for free if one qulifies for VPP???

Old 01-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha...goodluck bro...I came to this board a couple months ago with a closed mind and a VPP #. Was told by many members it wasn't that easy, didn't believe them since this is like VIP treatment by Infiniti when someone has a VPP number...but guess what, they treated me no different as a regular customer and some delaers in LA said they'd do it, then when the cars came in from the port, they ALL changed thier minds and said we can sell this car for sticker, so we aren't allowed to do VPP. Also, all dealers in SoCal called each other and made a pact not to sell the car by VPP or a penny less than sticker. If your lucky youll find a dealer down here in Socal willing to take 500 of sticker (At most). Long story short, I wiped my a$$ with my VPP claim number and ended up paying sticker price just to keep it local. Goodluck.

I don't know one person on this board from S.Cali that got a VPP locally. Grubbs would be your best bet.

Last edited by Gee Im Fast; 01-30-2005 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:10 PM
That blows. I used the VPP on a 2005 A/T at Glendale Infiniti in early December, no questions asked. Not sure what their stance is on the 6MT. Worth a try if you have not done so already.

Old 01-30-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm not sure about a "pact" not to sell for VPP...I ordered an '05 IP 6MTc from Riverside Infiniti, on the VPP, and had absolutely no hassle.

I agreed to pay for shipping ($600) to OR, and then found out about Grubbs and their free shipping. I Immediately called Grubbs, they sounded very nice and easy to work with, and the guy tells me that Riverside Infiniti would *not* get my car in before the middle of Feb.

Understandably, I was a bit upset and more than willing to move my order to Grubbs, when my dealer in Riverside calls with the news: "Car's in, how do you wanna pay for this?"

So:
a.) Riverside Infiniti completely held up their end of the deal.
b.) They also honored the VPP.
c.) Grubbs, as nice as they are, tried to tell me that Riverside *wouldn't* be able to get me my car when they did...not sure why this happened, but I feel a lil' weird about it.
d.) I stuck with Riverside, since they were honest and helpful from the beginning.

Attempting to get VPP on a walk-in is most likely not gonna work out, but a pre-order on the VPP shouldn't be an issue.

Old 01-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Yea i was talking to one of the sales people at Riverside. He was telling me that they do VPP, but usually when a 6mt arrives, a person is already there to pick it up, so i would have to order it. I got his name and told him i would gladly drive down there to discuss this with him in person. Hope it all works out.

Old 01-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Costa Mesa Infiniti - I found my car just the way I wanted on Infiniti's web site, called their internet sales manager and picked up the car the same day.

I think you'll have better luck if they have the car you want on their lot rather than ordering a specific configuration.

Old 01-31-2005, 03:45 AM
Bought my 2004 G35C 6spd at VPP

I bought my 6sp coupe at Thousand Oaks Infiniti at VPP price. No problem, no questions, and very pleasant people to work with. My salesman was Steve Lane. Great guy.

Gregg

Old 01-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Ok, but see...all of you who posted are talkin about '04 6MT, not '05...05 is a different story...well atleast for now, maybe near the end of the year that might all change. I think only '05 VPPs should post thier story.

Old 01-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by G35BASTARD
Yea i was talking to one of the sales people at Riverside. He was telling me that they do VPP, but usually when a 6mt arrives, a person is already there to pick it up, so i would have to order it. I got his name and told him i would gladly drive down there to discuss this with him in person. Hope it all works out.

Thats his way of telling you no...they pulled me in on the same gag. But go ahead and try it. When you get there they are going to tell you that "since its in high demand, he just checked with the manager and that they can't give you VPP, but they will try to give you a good price...yada yada" I walked out and never looked back, didn't even want to hear the good price because I already new (from speaking with a different sales man) that it was 500 off sticker. But goodluck man!

Old 01-31-2005, 04:51 PM
What's a VPP?

Old 01-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by DrnknMnky
What's a VPP?
yes, what he said.

Old 01-31-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm using a VPP on a 2005 6MT.

Someone mentioned that all of the So Cal dealers got together and conspired not to honor VPP's for 2005 6MT's. I can say that this is false. No conspiracy here. It is supply and deman. It is a brand new model with significant upgrades on a limited edition vehicle.

I have a VPP from a relative at corporate and have ordered a 2005 6MT. I have to wait like everyone else but it will be honored. Albeit, there were certain concessions that had to be made, it is possible.

From what I am told this VPP problem is the same anytime a new vehicle comes out. If you were to wait until Spring/Summer, I am sure you would have no problems at all.

Old 01-31-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Thats his way of telling you no...they pulled me in on the same gag. But go ahead and try it. When you get there they are going to tell you that "since its in high demand, he just checked with the manager and that they can't give you VPP, but they will try to give you a good price...yada yada" I walked out and never looked back, didn't even want to hear the good price because I already new (from speaking with a different sales man) that it was 500 off sticker. But goodluck man!
Ok, from what I've gathered in getting my car:
2 places *will* do VPP on a coupe, as long as Nissan/Infiniti has *not* put a hold on it: Grubbs in Texas and Riverside in California. They get a larger allotment of cars for this, and they've streamlined the procedure to make it easier on everyone.

Strolling in and demanding VPP, again, is most likely not gonna turn out the way you want it to. If a car is already on the lot, w/ a sticker on it, you're most likely out of luck...the on-site dealers have pretty much "claimed" it, and they're gonna keep it.

Call and speak to the internet dealer. At that point, you'll be able to put an order in, *exactly as you'd like it*, and they'll get in the next shipment *on VPP* just for you. Plan ahead, get your stuff together, and you should be fine.

Old 01-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrnknMnky
What's a VPP?
me 2 me 2.. whats a vpp?

Old 01-31-2005, 07:22 PM