5AT Modifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kids nowadays are really spoiled! -in my best 90yr/old voice

Old 02-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Hey, I am in the same situation with you. I did PIAA LED clearance blub, skyline emblem and planning to do Z tube but not K&N filter. AT is not bad, but i do miss those brembo brakes. They make the car looks hotter.

Old 02-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Call the Cops
damn man, along with these other 5AT owners, im in the same position as you.

im 16 yrs old, and my dad said no way in hell you're getting a manual because he thought i would crash it. i see where hes coming from, but i could drive a manual with ease.

i havent got any mods yet, but im ordering away for the pop charger/z tube.
then i hope to get tints, new grilles, clear corners.

i was pretty bummed out about it at first, but driving an AT isnt all that bad.

Old 02-03-2005, 10:16 PM
haha i didn't notice there was so much of us(youngn's) in here... and yeh 5at ain't bad

Old 02-04-2005, 01:50 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
Haha it seems like most of us 18 yrs old and less have 5ATs for the same reason (our parents). I love my 5AT most of the time, but there r some times when i wish i had a 6mt. I primarily want a 6mt so my friends dont give my s*** bout it all the time. They all have MTs and i feel out of place some time. ESPECIALLY, when going to the track when like 99% of the cars are MTs. Nonetheless, the 5AT hauls *** and will do the job for now. You guys with the 5AT: do you drive most of the time with the manumatic mode? I would say i drive manumatic like 80% of the time.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:17 AM
ya, i do drive by using MM. I can shift it just like stick, the feeling and everything. However ppl make fun of ATs, but in fact that they don't deserve a G35 so thats the only thing they can be bugging about . Its all about the "jealous" issue

Old 02-04-2005, 04:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol

haha, wassup guys... yet another in the same boat... turned 18 in jan.. and yes i am an 5AT... i think i was right in asking my parents too for a manual... but its weird how you tell your friends you get a new [performance] car, and they ask you if its stick...but as soon as you mention a manual tranny car to an adult... they kinda cringe... @ least here in LA... haha... different mentalities i guess? all i know is that im loving my car more n more - i busted a donut and got a little sideways in an empty lot next to the pier over here and my friends had their jaws hanging... haha, i havent raced anyone and i dont think its smart too, but i have speeded b4 [guilty]... but i doubt that our cars could keep up with a M3... not stock at least... isnt it inline 6 ??? it has a more advanced automatic SMG system too.... maybe the convertable tho~

watever... i have like 10 friends who drive mustangs at my school, ranging from 98 to 05, automatic, manual, v6, v8, cobras, N/As, and Saleen.... they are so cocky sometimes... what is this import vs domestic BS....

Old 02-04-2005, 11:08 AM
i'm 22, and love driving a manual... but i live in NYC and find myself stuck in traffic more often than not, so i got a 5AT car. by no means did this stop me from modding my car, and i have done the following, in order...

1. Clear Corners, MTEC Fog Bulbs, and PIAA Clearance Bulbs
2. Driver's Side "Battery" Cover (engine cover and battery/brake covers soon to be painted red & silver)
3. Z-tube & JWT Popcharger
4. AV Electronic Tuner (allows video on stock navi screen)
5. Playstation2 with wireless controllers (later replaced with a SlimPS2 in the glove box) pic
6. Hardwired Valentine1 radar with remote display in ashtray pic
7. Pioneer NDBC-1 Rearview Camera pic pic2 pic3
8. TopSpeed/Pro1 Headers, Crawford Cats, and Fujitsubo Y-pipe

9. Custom Trunk Audio System: 2 JL Audio 10w3 subs in a color matched fiberglass box and a JL 500/1 amp (COMING SOON)
10. Motordyne 3/8" Plenum Spacer (COMING SOON)
11. Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust (from the Y-pipe back) (COMING SOON)
12. Nitrous Express 50-75 shot with MAXIMIZER Computer Programmable Controller (COMING SOON)

Old 02-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Sometimes I forget that i'm regular drive (as apposed to manutronic), at a lgiht, abt to upshift and accidently throw it into netral . LOL, I feel like a jackass, but I must admit, has happened to me more then once.

rs

Old 02-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Looks like there are enough young 5AT drivers, but hey we shouldn't be complaining .. be thankful that we have the opportunity to have a car like this at such a young age. and today .. this is interesting ... something 5AT drivers would wanna know, we can get something for our called a LAG REDUCER, when driving manumatic, that means when we are shifting gears there will be no LAG, therefore we wil be as fast a MT G and even better but without that 6th gear. I dont know how it works and where you can get it .. but im going to research on it and let you all know.... and if its possible and what i heard today is true ... that is the first thing im getting my car... anybody else heard of It?

Old 02-04-2005, 04:24 PM
hehe I was 19 when I got my car. I got it as my early 20th birthday(I need to wait 3month after order my IP). I drove 01 camry before than. I guess I helped my parents alot with their business, I earned g35c.
The funnt thing is that
I had to get 5AT because my mom can't drive 6MT.. hahaha My dad loves 6MT, but well women has power..what can I say. I did some mod to my car without telling them. Well, they found about few mod after riding..
I think G35couple suit all ages. Old to young. It goes for everyone!!
(becasue it's that nice)
just my 2cents

Old 02-04-2005, 04:41 PM
I bought my 5AT because I wanted a 5AT.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Hey guys im right along with ya.. Im 18 and just got rid of my benz that I got when I was 17, 5AT still is peppy.. and parental friendly

Old 02-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
you can't GReddy TT a 5AT...

Old 02-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah dude im 17 too and my parents got me a G35, when we went to get me a car, i was supposed to get an RSX, then my dad surprised me and brought me to the Infiniti dealer, but he made me get a 5AT, but i wasnt complaining. I still havent done anything to it though because just like Omar, i have a g/f causing me to never have enough money for that kind of stuff, especially at 17, haha. I did drive a new M3 yesterday though, and i gotta say, theres no comparison between out MM and their SMG, SMG was SICK! Thats what we need in these cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5AT Modifications