G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 vs the Maxima

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Why are you posting random videos?

because its my thread and ill do what i want.

Did you not watch them and enjoy them? why question it? chill

Old 09-29-2013, 09:15 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by twentyeggs
because its my thread and ill do what i want.

Did you not watch them and enjoy them? why question it? chill
Or you're just posting BS to get your post count up. The last video is irrelevant to this thread.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Or you're just posting BS to get your post count up. The last video is irrelevant to this thread.
post count? do you win something for having a high post count? who cares about that.

the last video is awesome and I thought I would share.

are you mad that I suggested you watch a video you didn't like? I don't understand what the issue is.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
I won an exclusive all expenses paid trip to Zimbabwe with 31.5 virgins for my post count.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
I won an exclusive all expenses paid trip to Zimbabwe with 31.5 virgins for my post count.
no way.... how many do I need for that? Can i upgrade to the assorted bundle plus one extra night with even more post counts?!

I would also like the 32 virgin package, I don't like midgets, they creep me out.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Banned
no way.... how many do I need for that? Can i upgrade to the assorted bundle plus one extra night with even more post counts?! I would also like the 32 virgin package, I don't like midgets, they creep me out.
Wood knot recommend the assorted virgin bundle. Too many unknowns. Try the 31.25 pack. Half a midget but half the posts needed.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I have NEVER found this to be true (stock/stock), I have always walked the Max.
Consider the location, the majority of the N/A G's I've seen in SoCal are stanced and not performance orientated.

are you mad that I suggested you watch a video you didn't like? I don't understand what the issue is.
Who said there was an issue? I love people that post random **** for no apparent reason and seem to talk out of their @ss. Just like I love all of these teenagers who think their G35 is a sports car.

Any vids or time slips of your "heavily modded" Maxi-pad???

Old 09-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Consider the location, the majority of the N/A G's I've seen in SoCal are stanced and not performance orientated.

Who said there was an issue? I love people that post random **** for no apparent reason and seem to talk out of their @ss. Just like I love all of these teenagers who think their G35 is a sports car.

Any vids or time slips of your "heavily modded" Maxi-pad???
ohhhh you're one of those... "teenagers who think their G35 is a sports car."

you believe your definition of a "sports car" is superior to the definition 99% of the drivers on the road to day, manufacturer, parts stores, insurance companies, race tracks, commercials, test drive companies, rental agencies, drivers training, dmv ect.. say it is. The only way something can be a sports car is what? that it costs a ton or has crazy stats?

I do have vids of the maxima somewhere on one of my computers but I am not so inclined to looks for it. The maxima does a 9 flat on the 1/8th, and I only run street tires that I don't get sticky.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
In reference to the above, I have found that most of the time, it's the driver, not the car. ESPECIALLY in the twisties.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
"It's the man not the machine that wins races"
--Hank Hill

Old 09-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Banned
Still not sure why we're racing a maxima in the first place...

Old 09-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
I too have a Maxima and a G35. I have a 1st gen G and a whatever gen the 2002 is Max...LIKE A BAWSE!!!!

Old 09-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
Still not sure why we're racing a maxima in the first place...
To be different same reason people race and mod civics granted maximas wont be as fast.

A heavily modified NA max will beat a g35 with the same mods due to lighter weight and less drivetrain loss. The ones with the CVT would be fast also, but their trans is holding them back.

There are alot of mid 13 and a couple of 12 sec maximas where I live.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:39 PM
ohhhh you're one of those... "teenagers who think their G35 is a sports car."

you believe your definition of a "sports car" is superior to the definition 99% of the drivers on the road to day, manufacturer, parts stores, insurance companies, race tracks, commercials, test drive companies, rental agencies, drivers training, dmv ect.. say it is. The only way something can be a sports car is what? that it costs a ton or has crazy stats?

I do have vids of the maxima somewhere on one of my computers but I am not so inclined to looks for it. The maxima does a 9 flat on the 1/8th, and I only run street tires that I don't get sticky.
Yep, I'm one of those. Half of the sources you listed are uncreditable anyways. My definition of a sports car is something that has good handling, accerleration and braking characteristics. The G is decent in these catagories but IMO is lacking to claim the title of sports car. Besides, "entry level luxury car" is what I always see when it comes to classifications.

And 9 seconds is not bad. My PB was 9.4 at Qualcomm when N/A.

You see how better a conversation can be when an attitude isn't involved

Old 09-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
The G35 is a Luxury Sports Coupe. I mean, sans weight, it isn't really much different than the 350Z. Take out the back seats, change the spring rates, and remove the front chassis brace and it's the same car. The Maxima, for all intensive purposes, is a Sports Sedan. If you take a look at what's in it's class, performance wise, it generally outshines it. The only thing that would make the Maxima a better car is having it driven by the correct wheels (i.e. RWD). I think, dollar for dollar, Nissan has the best performing mass produced vehicles on the market. Again, dollar for dollar.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs the Maxima