G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Jim Wolf Clutch/Flywheel going in tomorrow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 02:09 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jim Wolf Clutch/Flywheel going in tomorrow

Yeah! On my way to Big Bear tomorrow, I'm dropping my car off at Perf Nissan in Duarte nd they're going to install the JWT clutch/flywheel combo. How much of a difference do you think I'll feel and when will I feel the dif? You think my 1/4 mile times will come down with the lightened flywheel? Thanks for your info/opinions.

Old 02-04-2005, 02:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
along with that SC...id say hellll yeah!

Old 02-04-2005, 03:40 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Randy it will depend on how light the flywheel will be. If your flywheel is to light it will be rev happy you will be going through those gear pretty quick. It might kill your top end cus you will be hitting the redline quick. I could be wrong but I had a bad experience with to light of a flywheel from a previous car. Let us know how it goes.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:47 AM
wassup randy. how have u been. hope all is well. i see u've modded ure car since the last time we ran. hahah i bet ud smoke my *** now! play safe and see you later. lets run when i get some rs4 turbos.

Old 02-04-2005, 06:36 AM
Randy,

Would there be any reason that you'd need to have the car re-tuned? I'm not sure... if you're reving faster would the boost build up quicker? If boost builds up quicker, would you be adding fuel quickly enough?

I'm out of my area of comfort here, just thought that I'd throw that one out there.

Zimbo, Ed, Gspot, Gurgen, KP, Chops, Booger, care to chime in? I think this post is officially in the wrong forum now.

Old 02-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats on the new toys

Be careful when you first drive the car, you might stall it out a few times when driving slowly (as in stop&go traffic)...that is, if it's a real light flywheel.

Old 02-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Do us a favor and let us know where the clutch catches compared to the stock setup. Even though the comparison is not perfect since you have the flywheel as well, I'd still be interested to know.

Is the JWT clutch compatable without the flywheel--I forget.

Trending Topics

Old 02-04-2005, 11:33 AM
The JWT flywheel is 14lbs and stock is 29 lbs, so you'll definitely notice a difference. Combine that with a lighter clutch (stock is 33 lbs) and get ready for some fun. I'm getting the exact setup in the summer. Please give us a review.

Old 02-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
There will be a very noticeable difference! Lightened flywheels are SOOO nice. It usually doesn't take more than a few days to adapt to the new combo for most people.

The fuel and everything will be fine. Even if the motor revs up quicker, it still takes XXX fuel at XXXX rpm, depending on what the MAF and other sensors read. The computer and fuel system work/adapt so quickly that it won't matter if it revs up quicker.

Old 02-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Yeah! On my way to Big Bear tomorrow, I'm dropping my car off at Perf Nissan in Duarte nd they're going to install the JWT clutch/flywheel combo. How much of a difference do you think I'll feel and when will I feel the dif? You think my 1/4 mile times will come down with the lightened flywheel? Thanks for your info/opinions.

Randy,

What are they charging you to install it? And do they give you a warr?
I'm assuming you are going to void you're factory warr right?

Thanks
David G

Old 02-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congratulations man. i'd love to hear about it.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:27 PM
I've got this combo done to my car. The guy who owned the car before me had it installed. I test drove a G35 without the clutch/flywheel and I'd say the biggest difference was how much stiffer the clutch pedal become. I could hardly tell the difference with how much faster it was reving, but the clutch grabs much tighter and with a whole lot less effort (not that stock takes much effort in the first place).

my two cents; Not a mod for someone who drives in traffic everyday (Your left leg will notice a difference)
The clutching range is much shorter and you may stall the car a fews times while you get use to it.
No idea as far as how much it cost the guy but the dealer installed it and has a full warranty on the parts and labor.
Great mod for someone really interested in cutting down there 1/4mile or 0-60 times.

Old 02-06-2005, 09:51 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by neffster
Randy,

Would there be any reason that you'd need to have the car re-tuned? I'm not sure... if you're reving faster would the boost build up quicker? If boost builds up quicker, would you be adding fuel quickly enough?

I'm out of my area of comfort here, just thought that I'd throw that one out there.

Zimbo, Ed, Gspot, Gurgen, KP, Chops, Booger, care to chime in? I think this post is officially in the wrong forum now.
Well, because I have the R4 software pulling the timing based on boost made, it shouldn't matter how fast I make the boost.

Old 02-06-2005, 09:54 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by JZ39
Do us a favor and let us know where the clutch catches compared to the stock setup. Even though the comparison is not perfect since you have the flywheel as well, I'd still be interested to know.

Is the JWT clutch compatable without the flywheel--I forget.
before, with the stock clutch and flywheel, it would take me letting the clutch out about 1/2 way up in order for the clutch to engage...NOW, with the new JWT clutch and flywheel, it engages almost immediately after I lift my foot...I likey! I'll be posting a full impression in afew days after I've had time to drive the car a little.

Old 02-06-2005, 09:55 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by USDM V35
Randy,

What are they charging you to install it? And do they give you a warr?
I'm assuming you are going to void you're factory warr right?

Thanks
David G
PM me...alright David

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jim Wolf Clutch/Flywheel going in tomorrow