G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 vs Miata NC.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by scoobysteve
Didnt even mention the word oil. Read further and i say seat belt retracting, seat creaking, yada yada. Not even all g's had oil consumption. Thats a bigger problem.
it's mostly the revup engines that came in 05-07 MT Coupes and 05-06 MT sedans that has OC issues. non-revups do consume oil, but all engines do and its not enough to worry about. My 03 5AT uses about half a quart ever 2-3k.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thegreatkwijibo
it's mostly the revup engines that came in 05-07 MT Coupes and 05-06 MT sedans that has OC issues. non-revups do consume oil, but all engines do and its not enough to worry about. My 03 5AT uses about half a quart ever 2-3k.
Yeah i imagine on a decent miled at i probably wont need to worry too much. Porbably just jinxed it.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
Just top off your oil every now and then and change every 3-5k miles and you should be good on oil in an AT.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah once the weather clears up im going to test drive this 135k mile coupe, not planning on buying it with those miles but just to drive it. I might post back my experience.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
The Gs fine for what you want. But its hella uncomfortable for long drives. I have scoliosis and after a 300 mile drive i find myself squirming in my seat trying to readjust my back and find a comfy spot. The passanger seat on the other hand is very comfy and less bolstered so my passangers dont complain. Just the driver lol.

As far as speed goes..you can keep up w a decent amount of cars, and it corners and breaks okay. With the automatic you can burnout, but drifting won't really happen on an open diff fyi.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Yeah well i wont be making too many long trips probably. And i dont mean drifting i just mean the occasionally getting sideways for fun. like say when you right left/right out of a place onto a road or something. Also yeah idk i was thinking about the miata a bit and imjust like damn, would i really want to go through the turboing and suspension and tuning yada yadaaaaa it just seems like it would be annoying rather than just buying a g and maybe changing the suspension if i get bored lol. But i still need to drive a coupe, it was snowing yesterday and its still snowed out today.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah well i wont be making too many long trips probably. And i dont mean drifting i just mean the occasionally getting sideways for fun. like say when you right left/right out of a place onto a road or something. Also yeah idk i was thinking about the miata a bit and imjust like damn, would i really want to go through the turboing and suspension and tuning yada yadaaaaa it just seems like it would be annoying rather than just buying a g and maybe changing the suspension if i get bored lol. But i still need to drive a coupe, it was snowing yesterday and its still snowed out today.
Didn't realize you come from a snowy environment.. Why the **** would you get a roadster if it snows as your daily...

Old 12-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by hologram
Didn't realize you come from a snowy environment.. Why the **** would you get a roadster if it snows as your daily...
Well nobody ever said anything about it being any worse in the snow than any other rwd car. And it only snows a bit during winter.The other car in my garage is a 2008 CRV AWD

Old 12-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
I think you'll find everything you're looking for in a G. It'll get you sideways if you want it to, it looks great, handles great, sounds great, fairly reliable, comfortable, leather seats, premium features, has back seats and more space. And you will not lose any respect (unless you deck it out with eBay items).

Old 12-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Originally Posted by the93owner
I think you'll find everything you're looking for in a G. It'll get you sideways if you want it to, it looks great, handles great, sounds great, fairly reliable, comfortable, leather seats, premium features, has back seats and more space. And you will not lose any respect (unless you deck it out with eBay items).
No cheapo ebay decals for me. I only use airbrush! no im kidding, but really. The only thing that worries me about the G is how heavy it is. The thing i like about my integra is how light and nimble it is... hopefully the rwd/power make up for it.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:07 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
No cheapo ebay decals for me. I only use airbrush! no im kidding, but really. The only thing that worries me about the G is how heavy it is. The thing i like about my integra is how light and nimble it is... hopefully the rwd/power make up for it.
it still handles quite excellently considering the size. Of course you will have to drive it for yourself to really decide if you can make it work, but unless you are taking it to the mountains all the weight shouldn't be a big issue.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
The only thing that worries me about the G is how heavy it is. The thing i like about my integra is how light and nimble it is... hopefully the rwd/power make up for it.
The G is not that bad. With a few mods, it feels lighter than it really is. If you are really worried about weight, you should look into a 350Z. Same car, less weight.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by dofu
The G is not that bad. With a few mods, it feels lighter than it really is. If you are really worried about weight, you should look into a 350Z. Same car, less weight.
Idk about 350z. I havent heard many good things about them. Dont like the look as much either. They are faster though and more sporty or w/e.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Idk about 350z. I havent heard many good things about them. Dont like the look as much either. They are faster though and more sporty or w/e.
It's the same motor, drivetrain, and suspension, with a better chassis.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Wow, so after driving a g35 im blown away. I cant remember who said the belt line was high and if youre short it could be a problem, but it felt perfect. Honestly what jumped out at me was the proportions of the tinerior for some reason, it was perfect feeling. It doesnt feel that heavy at all. The power is great, like really great. The transmission is smooth as hell. You can feel the shift but its not jerky and its smooth.. hard to explain.

Also the fact it has stability control is good too considering the miata doesnt. It rains and snows sometimes so yeah its nice to have with the torque of that v6. Also the sound is fan ****ing tastic. I was driving with the window down just so i could hear that note. It just feels good to drive too, cause it looks and sounds soooo good. The steering is pretty heavy though i noticed, doesnt bother me any though. Also the gas pedal is touchy. But other than that, honestly its great. Super excited.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs Miata NC.