G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Sold g35 after 10 1/2 years of ownership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by G35fromPA
boca - sorry to see you go. I'm approaching 10 years of ownership myself (in September) and might be getting the itch, but every time I start browsing I'm left with a "meh" feeling, unless it's a '09+ Carrera or an E90/E92 M3. Mine is still in excellent condition as well, with <49K on the clock, rebuilt front suspension, beautiful paint, etc. and people always ask me if it's a recent model year as well. The design of this car has really aged well, better perhaps than the 08+ G37 coupe. I've had a few minor issues over the years (some squeaks and rattles, the fuel sending unit, axle click, rocking driver seat, window motor) but all covered under warranty, and overall it's been a rock solid and reliable car, in addition to a blast to drive.

This may turn out to be one that I never want to sell just because...
I completely understand how you feel. Trust me here...though don't quote me. I am firmly convinced that this car will be an although not a classic. Which has a very broad definition. At least desirable!! MSN just recently added the 1970 240Z to their best value collectible. The G35 Coupe actually saved the Infiniti brand name. (side note...now Infiniti has the Red Bull F1 racing team...extremely successful by the way). OEM parts are becoming increasingly hard to get. Go buy yourself some 2006 Xenon headlights. I did for my 2003 years ago $595.00. Today you will pay a couple of grand for the pair. This all leads me to believe we may have a sleeper collectible here. Unfortunately I will never know (I'm 67). For you young guy's take care of your cars...there may come a day when you'll make money on the sale of your G35 Coupe.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
I completely understand how you feel. Trust me here...though don't quote me. I am firmly convinced that this car will be an although not a classic. Which has a very broad definition. At least desirable!! MSN just recently added the 1970 240Z to their best value collectible. The G35 Coupe actually saved the Infiniti brand name. (side note...now Infiniti has the Red Bull F1 racing team...extremely successful by the way). OEM parts are becoming increasingly hard to get. Go buy yourself some 2006 Xenon headlights. I did for my 2003 years ago $595.00. Today you will pay a couple of grand for the pair. This all leads me to believe we may have a sleeper collectible here. Unfortunately I will never know (I'm 67). For you young guy's take care of your cars...there may come a day when you'll make money on the sale of your G35 Coupe.
I agree, it could very well be a very sought after car in time, and the G definitely revived the Infiniti brand. As for the Red Bull F1 team, I think that's more marketing than real track-to-road development, since the F1 car is a purpose built machine w/a Renault engine, though supposedly Sebastian Vettel did tune the Q50 (too bad the reviews all pan the steering feel otherwise I'd consider one).

Anyway, I installed some '06 projectors a few months ago and it was a great mod. I'm about at the point where I've (lightly) modded as far as I really want to go - some nice basic power,suspension and exterior mods, along with a Parrot Bluetooth kit, and my G is pretty much set. {Famous last words, ha ha}

Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you also aged by going to a Jag...lol enjoy the new ride