G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Trying to decide on a color for '05 G35, help me out with pics plz <3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 06:04 PM
MyG37 Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pratik97
Insurances are also higher in red cars, right? and its been known many times that RED catches the cops eyes a lot quicker than others.
Back in the early 90's, insurance was bit more expensive for red "flashy" cars. But that is not that case with ANY color or insurance company today.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Redline6MT
I've heard that too, but when I got mine, the rate was actually lower than my 2k2 white maxima? So don't let the ins. company pull one over on ya.

It's true, red does get a lot of attention. For most people, red psychologically increases the pulse rate. I got my first ticket in the G for going 37 in a 30. Bad luck, but I'm sure if I was driving a dark green mini-van, the cop may have looked the other way....gotta wonder.
Also, red just looks like it is going faster. I believe there were tests done on this where different colored cars driven by subjects and they were asked which one looked like it was going faster. Red and Yellow always topped the list even though the cars were all going the same speed. Darker colors look like they are going slower.
Not that this should influence your decision. If you like red, just get red.

Old 02-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Once you try black, you'll never go back!! Anything but black is a woman's car!!

Old 02-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brilliant Silver. hit my link

Old 02-12-2005, 02:49 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I say Caribbean Blue, unfortunately you can't get one that color anymore. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

DG - nice, but very common, looks like asphalt sometimes.
Black - Very nice, near impossible to keep clean/swirl free
Red - Save that for Ferrari, Vettes, and so on.
White - Nice and elegant, classy.
Athens Blue - Blue, metallic, nice and conservative
Caribbean Blue - Attention ***** blue, bling bling neon blue - no more
Lakeshore Slate - Combine all the advantages of DG with Athens Blue. My recommendation for an 05.
Silver - Everywhere, simple, safe
Beige/Gold - Looks like 5th decade+ sentiment.

Second thought, just buy whatever you want.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:46 AM
Lakeshore slate is the only color I'd trade for my silver G. So, Silver or LS.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:49 AM
If this thread proves anything it proves diversity !

Im not going to say anyone is wrong or right. just going to post my color choices and a few comments about em...

Color on the preferred list ( when dealer was searching for my car )

1. Athens Blue (new color for 05, decent to clean, doesnt stand out as much so cops shouldnt harass that much, Regal looking)
2. Black obsidian ( looks beautiful at the cost of many many cleanings , show scratches, easy to scratch... poor choice... however is my car color, also not metallic like most of the other colors)
3.Sergenti sand (light color so dirt and heat really wont be that much of a problem,again i perceive this color to be regal classy,etc)

colors on the DO NOT BUY LIST (when dealer was searching for my car)

Lakeshore slate (appears to be to be a bland color, doesnt elude anything except i can hide in a group of cars)
Brilliant silver ( Alot of people prefer this color and it is making a major mark on customer prference, however for me I didnt care for it , it seems to scream performance and reminded me of the 350z color especially the door handles (which i HATE)
Red ( no way has an orange tint to it, provide a red with burgandy tint or hell even a burgandy G35 and it would have been on the consider list, the G35 4 dr has a different red then the coupe its metallic and darker, when comparing both the coupe really looked bad IMO)

Colors undecided but might consider....

Dark Grey (Acceptable color however didnt do anything for me, dark enough to say rich, luxurious over the brilliant silver)

ivory pearl ( in the end i added this color as all the other colors in this last list, I dont care for the white too much, however do feel the color will grow on me and many people say the white g35 is beautiful)

Dark blue ( would consider for the car color however it just seemed too close to black when my original choice was athens blue)

any colors missed were on my undecided list, i wish you good luck in your decision !

owner of an 05 auto loaded coupe black on black.

p.s. remember light interiors will show dirt easily... please be cautious !

Old 02-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
With expensive car, I'll go with BLK/Willow or IP/Willow, looks really luxurious but the down side for the IP/Willow is that you have to keep cleaning it

Old 02-12-2005, 11:07 AM
I have heard and seen facts, don't have proofs to show you guys but colors does affect ins. rate. Red, white and black cost a little more than others. They did a little test and ppl who like those color more likely have tickets from speeding and other traffic laws.

Old 02-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Another trick to get away a little bit better on your ins. if you are young is to have someone in ur family with a ****ty car or older car trade policy with you. I'm 27 but I have my father goes under my G policy and I have his 92 Camry. Just have to do the math and pay the differences. Saves me a lot on ins.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Laser Red shows off the lines of the car the best.

Attached Thumbnails Trying to decide on a color for '05 G35, help me out with pics plz &lt;3-6mt.jpg  
Old 02-12-2005, 01:06 PM
It's all about the IP BABY! Just kidding, but I really do love IP and the ease of keeping it clean is worth it's weight in GOLD! I have a black BMW and love it when it's clean, only problem with that is it stays clean for like 5 minutes! Black is a sick color, but keeping it clean is a MAJOR pain in the A**.

Old 02-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Banned
Silver Baby!!! When It Gets Dirty It Will Neva Show Up!!! Silver Is Rich,classy And Sexy!!!

Last edited by G THANG; 05-30-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:24 PM
When you guys say black is a pain in the a$$ to keep clean, are you just being ****? I find it hard to believe that a car can be THAT hard to keep clean unless our standard is shiny and spotless.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by buckerine
When you guys say black is a pain in the a$$ to keep clean, are you just being ****? I find it hard to believe that a car can be THAT hard to keep clean unless our standard is shiny and spotless.
DEFINATELY not being ****......Black is a pain in the a$$ to keep clean! I have had my black BMW for 2 1/2 years and within the first month owning my white G, I noticed that it stays looking clean 10 times longer! I think anyone that has had or has a black car and now owns silver, white, etc will attest to what I am talking about?

Don't get me wrong......a black car looks SICK when it is clean!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trying to decide on a color for '05 G35, help me out with pics plz <3